Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareknuckle FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

ASOT wrote: »
    Johner wrote: »
    I thought Paulie won tbf. Not a great fight though.

Gave artem 1,4&5 myself. Paulie doing a tour de france all night.

I gave the first 3 to Paulie, thought he kept Artem at bay with the jab and Artem couldn’t figure out how to get in close until near the end of round 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Johner wrote: »
    I gave the first 3 to Paulie, thought he kept Artem at bay with the jab and Artem couldn’t figure out how to get in close until near the end of round 3.

That's fair, it was close anyway. Paulie got tired and it showed late on. If he wasn't on his bike all fight he probably wouldn't have been as tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I only saw highlights. But going by face damage, seems Pauly inflicted more on his opponent.
    Glad u didn’t pay for it, seems it was a real boring fight after all the buildup. Probably should have known Pauly would be defensive and try to win via technical point picking.
    Well done Artem. This will be a big boost to his profile.

BKFC clearly want brawls and action. I assume there's been some nods and winks towards the judges in that regard. You can't come in there with a jab and head movement and expect to win. It's not what BKFC want. Hard to begrudge Artem winning in that regard.

All in all a very unsatisfying fight. I kinda expected it. Paulie was an odd choice for BKFC... and bareknuckle was an odd choice for Paulie. They've made their money but it's not gonna bring many people back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Anybody know how much they both got for this fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

You'd have to think Artem would have got the nod in this if it was any way close (I think he won anyway) because Artem clearly has a future in bareknuckle, while Paulie was in this as a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It was a bit silly having a guy with known brittle hands and putting him in to a BKB fight. Surely it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.
    How much'd you make?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I gave it to Paulie 3-2 but still wouldn't say he was robbed. They obviously just favour aggression and power over accuracy, volume and defensive fighting.

I was going for Artem but didn't really give him a chance. He's a toe to toe brawler rather than a boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

why do they call it the squared circle ?....when they have a circled circle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

First time look at bkfc, The format is crap imo, 5 2minute rounds, it doesn't work well. Tbh I was expecting it to be a lot more exciting and was disappointed with the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

mixed up wrote: »
    First time look at bkfc, The format is crap imo, 5 2minute rounds, it doesn't work well. Tbh I was expecting it to be a lot more exciting and was disappointed with the whole show.

Its crap, Bum Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah, it's the same with women's boxing. The two minute rounds are just over too quickly. Feels like it's only getting going, then it's done. I guess it's too tough a sport on the hands to go for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Yeah Paulie the 3 judges and the entire world is wrong. You won. :rolleyes: You don't win fights running away from the other guy for 5 rounds. Artem was literally chasing him around the ring. Not the most accurate work from Artem but he was constantly trying to engage and clearly the aggressor.

He won alright. But not by much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Still Ill wrote: »
    Yeah, it's the same with women's boxing. The two minute rounds are just over too quickly. Feels like it's only getting going, then it's done. I guess it's too tough a sport on the hands to go for longer.

Didn't women's boxing change to three minute rounds recently?

No idea. The Katie Taylor fight was definitely two minute rounds though.

Only amateur. Women's pro still 2 mins. No idea why or what the logic is.

A narrow win for Artem is fair enough, but to be honest they are both winners from that. I feel a bit sorry for Pauly the way the whole Conor situation and fallout happened. I am Conor no.1 fan but too often now he just oversteps the mark, dunno exactly what happened but he and his team clearly wronged Pauly. Pauly seems like a fairly straight up and over emotional guy, while Conor is more calculated and ruthless.
    This BNF tho will never be mainstream like UFC/MMA. Even the owner doesn’t have anywhere near the charisma of Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

A narrow win for Artem is fair enough, but to be honest they are both winners from that. I feel a bit sorry for Pauly the way the whole Conor situation and fallout happened. I am Conor no.1 fan but too often now he just oversteps the mark, dunno exactly what happened but he and his team clearly wronged Pauly. Pauly seems like a fairly straight up and over emotional guy, while Conor is more calculated and ruthless. This BNF tho will never be mainstream like UFC/MMA. Even the owner doesn’t have anywhere near the charisma of Dana.

Two winners? Nope. Artem won. Pauly is a mouth. We've all seen the footage. He got knocked on his hole. Bitched and got sacked. The only reason he kept mouthing was he thought he'd get a multi million dollar fight with Conor. Never happened. Chaps a fool who needs to stick to the commentary

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Two winners? Nope. Artem won. Pauly is a mouth. We've all seen the footage. He got knocked on his hole. Bitched and got sacked. The only reason he kept mouthing was he thought he'd get a multi million dollar fight with Conor. Never happened. Chaps a fool who needs to stick to the commentary

You can’t deny that Conor and his whole team stitched up Pauly. What kind of professional boxer releases footage of his sparring session with the sole purpose to poke fun of the partner and big yourself up?? Oh I guess Conor is no professional boxer.
    Who cares if Pauly said some disrespectful things about a MMA vs a boxer beforehand?? The way Conor and Kavanagh go on with their twitter/instagram bullying is a disgrace.
    At least Mayweather made them all look like amateurs in spite of the paycheck they received. Conor was an embarrassment in that contest, all rushing in with his rabbit punches.

• Advertisement

You can’t deny that Conor and his whole team stitched up Pauly. What kind of professional boxer releases footage of his sparring session with the sole purpose to poke fun of the partner and big yourself up?? Oh I guess Conor is no professional boxer.
    Who cares if Pauly said some disrespectful things about a MMA vs a boxer beforehand?? The way Conor and Kavanagh go on with their twitter/instagram bullying is a disgrace.
    At least Mayweather made them all look like amateurs in spite of the paycheck they received. Conor was an embarrassment in that contest, all rushing in with his rabbit punches.

Sorry, but I find it difficult to feel sorry for a guy who slaps and spits in people's faces. He got what he deserved.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Sorry, but I find it difficult to feel sorry for a guy who slaps and spits in people's faces. He got what he deserved.

The slap was no worse than when Conor slapped Diaz in their face off for 1st fight. The spit I cannot defend.
    But my point is Conor and his team started the whole thing with Pauly, they acted like schoolyard bullies and had a great laugh at his expense. In fact they even seemed to pre plan it as punishment for Pauly comments. Pauly was a retired ex boxing champ currently commentator, what was he supposed to say when asked about potential Floyd vs Conor??
    I think Pauly has a few screws loose and his reactions were completely childish. Even the 1st time he showed up to speak to Conor as he made his way to the Mayweather presser, he seemed like a lost child looking for resolutions, and then couldn’t handle his emotions when Conor went face to face.
    It’s all unnecessary nasty but guess that’s what generates money.

The slap was no worse than when Conor slapped Diaz in their face off for 1st fight. The spit I cannot defend.
    But my point is Conor and his team started the whole thing with Pauly, they acted like schoolyard bullies and had a great laugh at his expense. In fact they even seemed to pre plan it as punishment for Pauly comments. Pauly was a retired ex boxing champ currently commentator, what was he supposed to say when asked about potential Floyd vs Conor??
    I think Pauly has a few screws loose and his reactions were completely childish. Even the 1st time he showed up to speak to Conor as he made his way to the Mayweather presser, he seemed like a lost child looking for resolutions, and then couldn’t handle his emotions when Conor went face to face.
    It’s all unnecessary nasty but guess that’s what generates money.

Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm not defending Conor at all.. He's turned into a thoroughly unlikable thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,521 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

They wont get sancionted for anything futher than 2 minutes and 5 rounds for bareknuckle its a recommendation to the commison from doctors ,

They wont get sancionted for anything futher than 2 minutes and 5 rounds for bareknuckle its a recommendation to the commison from doctors ,

Can anyome find anything on the actully scoring system is it the same as boxing or is it more aggresion based ?

Is there anywhere that putlimes how judges are to score fights ? I know they score each round on the 10 point must system but what are they looking for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I don't think they consider body shots to be really worthy of any consideration. It's been like that in previous BK fights too. If you go to the body it's only really for your own benefit trying to drain the gastank of the other guy. Aggression and head shots are the main scoring criteria iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    I don't think they consider body shots to be really worthy of any consideration. It's been like that in previous BK fights too. If you go to the body it's only really for your own benefit trying to drain the gastank of the other guy. Aggression and head shots are the main scoring criteria iirc.

Did you just make this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Artem talking about fighting Khan in a legit boxing match....would make for a good pay day for the russian hammer

• Advertisement

Artem talking about fighting Khan in a legit boxing match....would make for a good pay day for the russian hammer

Khan would murder him, hands way to fast and feet way to quick ,

Advertisement