Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Is Powerscourt just beneath there? I think I've walked that path before.

Sure. You have the right spot. It's on the Wicklow Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

@iwillhtfu where is that , feel like I should know but can't put my finger on it?

Also the more I see that bike the more I love it.

Leighlinbridge, Carlow

It's a sweet little bike alright

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Leighlinbridge, Carlow

It's a sweet little bike alright

God you've taken me back 20 bloody years there. Cousin of mine got married around there, knew I recognised the bridge and castle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Borlin valley
    IMG-8576.jpg

Old & new
    IMG-8584.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

^^^ you have two flat tyres there 2 Wheels Good ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'm not sure my OCD can handle this not being centred but oh well. :rolleyes:

Down at the Carlow arts festival "Sleep"

R4zlLDYGClf0O56x4IAVYBmHRfY1Uyno1rsmUkx1El9V8r2dXNP8NK3eMe--mXR5qpOIfNo33ShbIoZ53D-MzMDnCzH8qrXknrClQq4Ca7tsrBC7z7KLVx5_5zioIHkTXUM0ROlxwqwi0ZG3-WgPeI-wwd5DzMLAcy3kVg1ZM9WfX0ZBHT7mZheU40l_QLvM6nHYuWfK1AJIkvBRmTS7Fu6Us-4RagxQGsyCQg_h9g_1KJt1Ru9vcxSkhvy51QdLADSYgB74RFIJ7a4D9FDMkyz7tse9kl4Qclpkn2yQ-P0jPi306H4awjAf6DtL_hJ0h8s_GFZ_D6MQrg7TT6B6vTK_MXK8A27lO9GXKolHp7HOemE9HAZcY5e1Q1W6TsVJJKsX9fszlFOVnc7zVJ8mcd1AIq0UIFKH6HOR0hFxDZoaWta3bOo6TVKPsOTtjPN63WmAkGn0I3wR7VXYLRjyIwNtia_rU61h84BPttUMHBbKJcd8IbSj_0dYdIo96Qb0glMnFx_brz9jnBWhoGiR6wRbAFTpUtNxIQkN-TjUHmQvgMNIiOy0JsWk-RGAUuheHLawRb1NYqjcDOXVwwurkhC2rwntK0C_G-3ReiKhrFscKQ7o24F2uZ8oMysbCMzYQgrBDIDaZpyYhWkuTtM1BP2YYUj3hRANmOBNm0W_spymqwCbadvguOSgXilu0Qq2O1al5NcI1Ojgtt-Vfm53PoJ_HA=w338-h625-no

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Glenmacnass waterfall between laragh and sallygap

482250.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just a bit to the north of skerries.

482383.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

saw this fella on the WW200 yesterday just coming out of Laragh before the Wicklow Gap turn off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

wh06rt.jpg

Another gate photo - cycling through the Burre(n) on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dcOCOmLh.jpg

Well done Aidan whoever you are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did they manage to pronounce it right?
    they got 'sligo' wrong last week, but i'll forgive them for mangling mullaghmore slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yup, no gaffs this week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

In retrospect, slicks were the wrong choice of tyre for this approach to Kippure :p

483021.jpg

One of my favourite places to be when I should be at work

483022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ah the 'working from home' thing..

My boss is a keen cyclist and follow's me on Strava :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

smacl wrote: »
    In retrospect, slicks were the wrong choice of tyre for this approach to Kippure :p

[G]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=483021&stc=1&d=1560865035[/IMG]

One of my favourite places to be when I should be at work

483022.jpg
    Is that road near Kippure? Any chance of a Google Maps link? Looking for more of that kind of thing around Wicklow than my usual Sally Gap loop out and back into Bray.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that road near Kippure? Any chance of a Google Maps link? Looking for more of that kind of thing around Wicklow than my usual Sally Gap loop out and back into Bray.

You get on to it from the Military road here. Most of it is pretty good and great craic though there are one or two short areas where I dismount. Once you get to the end of the gravel bit you're onto a turf walking section with a few streams to cross and pretty much for the hardened MTB type. I have yet to take the MTB there and try to make it to the top but plan to given a dry period to make the going easy. Similarly, I'd love to get the loop in back to the reservoirs, but this involves carrying the bike for a bit here to bring you out at this secluded spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Leave the Garmin at home?

**shudder...**

my boss follows me on strava too. he's training for an ironman at the moment.

Work for myself so not so much the boss as those pesky customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Saw this in passing, thanks traffic lights for the pause.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I once went to a job interview, cycled into work from it (30 kms away) and named it "cycle from interview" and it synced to a fundraising page I had sent out to people in work for a charity event.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Ducks did not want to give my Kona back

483431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

delynet wrote: »
    Ducks did not want to give my Kona back

483431.jpg

You mean geese?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Maidhci wrote: »
    You mean geese?

Could be. I'm no David Attenborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

While most of the area around me is very pleasant and relatively quiet to cycle, there's little in the way of stunning scenery.

Took a detour this morning, as I saw cycling signposted and thought I'd have a look

483743.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

3535rf8.jpg

2hi0089.jpg

Lagos de Covadonga last week on the Hospice Cycle to Santiago. Five minutes after finally reaching the top, the clouds rolled in and ruined what should have been a fantastic descent ):

that's quite a climb up to there (says he who drove it).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Lahinch Co Clare, yesterday

bike2.jpg

the bunting is out for the Irish Golf Open

lahinch.jpg

• Advertisement

Where else would you rather be a morning like this?

484218.jpg

Advertisement