Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

After deciding to not pull the trigger on yesterdays Philips 43inch tv for 399 it's now shot up to 480 and I have non-buyers remorse.
    This is worse than buyers remorse :(

This any good for ye?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=13780

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Reckon the new 4k firestick will be going for £35 next Fri so I'd hold off buying the older model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Masala wrote: »
    What about AddressPal???? Can I trust them??

I have used Addresspal from time to time and never had an issue - nominate your Post Office and when it arrives you get a text confirming same.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

Hibrasil wrote: »
    I have used Addresspal from time to time and never had an issue - nominate your Post Office and when it arrives you get a text confirming same.

Do they deliver large packages?

I know PW will deliver a telly up to 55 inches but Amazon won't deliver bigger to northern Ireland. Just wondering if AddressPal might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is there any way for multiple products to be delivered together for parcel motel? For example when I order 3 items from different vendors I get hit with 3 separate PM charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is there any way for multiple products to be delivered together for parcel motel? For example when I order 3 items from different vendors I get hit with 3 separate PM charges.

Not from different vendors, no. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

iggy wrote: »
    Reckon the new 4k firestick will be going for £35 next Fri so I'd hold off buying the older model.

Yip, I'm thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

iggy wrote: »

Picked up the older one yesterday. Is there much of a difference specs wise? I wouldn't have much need for 4k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Picked up the older one yesterday. Is there much of a difference specs wise? I wouldn't have much need for 4k.

I like the new remote and spec is improved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

km79 wrote: »
    Do people buy perfume from amazon ? Have to get some euphoria blossom as a Xmas present but didn’t seem to be too many stockists with prime delivery ?

bought many times, through addresspal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just opened a new account to avail of Prime. Anyone know how to claim free credit via gift cards or top-ups? I don't see any such promotions for my new account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Ardent wrote: »
    Just opened a new account to avail of Prime. Anyone know how to claim free credit via gift cards or top-ups? I don't see any such promotions for my new account...

I got a fiver for downloading the app yesterday on a new account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

After deciding to not pull the trigger on yesterdays Philips 43inch tv for 399 it's now shot up to 480 and I have non-buyers remorse.

I got this LG 43 inch 2 weeks ago for 399 (currently 389 on the website), happy with it
    https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/televisions/32-inch/lg-43uk6300plb-43-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv

Edit : not sure about the philips, but this LG has 4k 60hz, HDR and chroma 4:4:4 which is recommended if ever used as a monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I jad a 49 " LG in the basket for €230 last year on the warehouse

Didn't bother with it in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

I had the money for the Seagate 4TB external drive reverted on my Revolut card today but the order is not cancelled yet.

Very strange. Have had bad luck lately trying to get a 4TB external with Argos not notifying me if they were in stock after ordering one in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

All I want is a Dyson cold air fan! In case we have another poxy hot summer. I nearly went mad trying to sleep. They are still at a rotten price tho. I want an AM06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Would anyone recommend a specific 1TB external HDD? Never owned one before. Wouldn't know what to look out for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend a specific 1TB external HDD? Never owned one before. Wouldn't know what to look out for

Not sure you'll get a better deal than this.

Not sure you'll get a better deal than this.

Just beware those aren't external and a bit over the top for an external hard drive.

Just search for 1TB Hard drive external on Amazon and there's plenty there for £40.

You should go with either Western Digital (WD) or Seagate.

Make sure it's USB 3.0 to get the full speed out of it provided you have usb 3.0 ports on the conputer you're using with it.

Also go for a portable one so you don't need an external power supply that plugs into the mains.

And the portable ones are smaller also, they use 2.5" drives instead of the usual 3.5" drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

All I want is a Dyson cold air fan! In case we have another poxy hot summer. I nearly went mad trying to sleep. They are still at a rotten price tho. I want an AM06.

They are great at warming the air but useless at cooling. You would be better off getting a normal fan at 1/10 the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I really want a pair of Sony WH-1000 XM3's - are they likely to be on sale on Black Friday does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Zascar wrote: »
    I really want a pair of Sony WH-1000 XM3's - are they likely to be on sale on Black Friday does anyone know?

Best I can do:

466295.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

bromley52 wrote: »
    They are great at warming the air but useless at cooling. You would be better off getting a normal fan at 1/10 the price.

Sob. Do you actually have one? They get great reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Theres a 43 inch Philips on offer at the moment for GBP 299
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C8X23S6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

If you look at the price history of X and particularly XM2, chances are XM3 are going to be temporarily discounted to under 300 euro some time between now and Christmas, but that's just a speculation. Amazon Germany and Amazon Spain have had the best offers on those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Would love a pair also but cant justify forking out over €300 on headphones. Looking at these as an alternative. NC nowhere near as good but they get decent reviews. Gotta be worth £100 anyway.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH700N-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones-Grey/dp/B078VG82P4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542478221&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sony+whch700n&dpPl=1&dpID=41sGRqNYsZL&ref=plSrch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Looking for a basic laptop for college work, just needs to be fast and about 150-350? Any good sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Kolido wrote: »

Would love a pair also but cant justify forking out over  €300 on headphones. Looking at these as an alternative. NC nowhere near as good but they get decent reviews. Gotta be worth £100 anyway.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH700N-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones-Grey/dp/B078VG82P4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542478221&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sony+whch700n&dpPl=1&dpID=41sGRqNYsZL&ref=plSrch
    These seem to get good reviews for budget bluetooth NC headphones. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01L8C8WCQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

If you are looking for beats this is probably a good deal. Solo about 200 on their own and Power Beats on their own are about 150 on Amazon.

Please let's not turn this into a beat are awful debate :pac:

Beats by Dre Solo 3 On-Ear Wireless Headphones + Free Power Beats - €239.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

If you are looking for beats this is probably a good deal. Power Beats on their own are about 200 on Amazon.

Please let's not turn this into a beat are awful debate :pac:

Beats by Dre Solo 3 On-Ear Wireless Headphones + Free Power Beats - €239.99

That is not possible to get as Argos Uk have stopped delivering to any forwarding address in last few weeks. They cancel every order. Same as Currys UK who have also stopped shipping to the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

dan786 wrote: »
    That is not possible to get as Argos Uk have stopped delivering to any forwarding address in last few weeks. They cancel every order. Same as Currys UK who have also stopped shipping to the same.

That is the Irish Argos site?

Edit - Oops sorry I included the wrong link. I'll update it now. It is available on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭tonyfillony

Yes 100% nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭roshje

I got these coming home from Sydney in duty free for €279 on a Friday in September so it seems Black Friday was early for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

roshje wrote: »
    I got these coming home from Sydney in duty free for €279 on a Friday in September so it seems Black Friday was early for me :pac:

Great price - I’d be happy with the 2’s

Bose qc 2’s down to stg 289 according to a post in BF BA

Wonder will they reduce much more by BF/CM

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

A Bose Revolve Speaker is £155 on Amazon (£45 off). They then deduct a further £40 at checkout bringing it to £115. Free delivery to Ireland.

How do I get this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

I'd stay from Bose, sale or not. Lots of money spent on marketing rather than product development. A bit like Beats in that regard.
    Very overpriced for what you get.

limktime wrote: »
    How do I get this?

By typing Bose Revolve Speaker into Amazon ya lazy git! :P

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundLink-Revolve-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B06XP9ZFTN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542506861&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bose+revolve+speaker&dpPl=1&dpID=41au3Qr7M4L&ref=plSrch

Just make sure it has the £40 off promotion underneath to make sure you're buying it from amazon.

• Advertisement

Frunchy wrote: »
    I'd stay from Bose, sale or not. Lots of money spent on marketing rather than product development. A bit like Beats in that regard.

Agreed. The Anker speakers are proof of that and offer better sound for a fraction of the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Buy Other Sound Equipment

What would you suggest, sound quality-wise?

Doge wrote: »
    By typing Bose Revolve Speaker into Amazon ya lazy git! :P

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundLink-Revolve-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B06XP9ZFTN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542506861&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bose+revolve+speaker&dpPl=1&dpID=41au3Qr7M4L&ref=plSrch

Just make sure it has the £40 off promotion underneath to make sure you're buying it from amazon.

I did that, but it didn't come back as £115, that's why I asked.

I did that, but it didn't come back as £115, that's why I asked.

Ah no problem, it should do it when you check out.

To answer your other question the Anker Soundcore Boost is a Great little speaker that destroys the Bose Sound link series.

You can watch and listen to a comparison video here from the best Bluetooth speaker reviewer on YouTube.

I'd recommend wearing the best headphones you have to hear the difference.

Doge wrote: »
    Ah no problem, it should do it when you check out.

To answer your other question the Anker Soundcore Boost is a Great little speaker that destroys the Bose Sound link series.

You can watch and listen to a comparison video here from the best Bluetooth speaker reviewed on YouTube.

I'd recommend wearing the best headphones you have to hear the difference.

£149.99 was the cheapest it went to at the latest stage of checkout.

Good to know. I'll check the Anker Soundcore Boost out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

£149.99 was the cheapest it went to at the latest stage of checkout.

Good to know. I'll check the Anker Soundcore Boost out.

I wish Bose Soundlink Mini II was on the discount, I'd pick one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Buy Other Sound Equipment

Apart from their noise cancelling headphones which are regarded as market leading.

A bit of a sweeping statement from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Looking for a basic laptop for college work, just needs to be fast and about 150-350? Any good sources

Fast for sub 250 is not enough even for Android tablet. You might want to look into second hand devices instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Pheonix10 wrote: »

At that budget, get a Chromebook

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Top of my list over the next week or so is the Garmin Dash Cam 55.

It's GBP119 currently which is the lowest it's been so not sure whether to pull the trigger or not. :confused:

Any opinions on whether it'll drop further?

• Advertisement
Advertisement