Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY VIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭browne_rob5

Got some for the Mayo game at lunchtime

Is there a way to be notified when there are new tickets or do you need to keep checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Is there a way to be notified when there are new tickets or do you need to keep checking?

There's a way around it that worked for me but not for others. PM me if you want details ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭micks_address

If you had sky in the past rejoined say 12 months ago. Can you get previous years subscriptions added to your loyalty length?

Rather than reply to everyone who PM'd - update: A few people have messaged to say that the steps I was using got them a little further, but tickets are now listed as sold out. Looks like I just got in on time, maybe they'll release more.

It wasn't a notification by the way, I cant help with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

No sign of my tickets from sky for the Cork v Waterford match. What a joke!
    Did anyone else get their tickets?

topnotch wrote: »

Why a joke? It says 2 days before the game, still time. Last week I got them around 11pm on Friday

2 days is 48 hours. Throw in is 3:30 on Sunday so I should have recieved the tickets by 3:30 on Friday.

2 days is 48 hours. Throw in is 3:30 on Sunday so I should have recieved the tickets by 3:30 on Friday.

Theres a difference. Regardless, Ive no interest in getting into semantics. You should get your tickets soon, in plenty of time for the game.

Edit from my previous post - it was actually 7:23 last Friday when I got them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Maybe cool your jets and stop looking at a gifthorse in the mouth? Plenty if time still to grt them. Will you be on as quick if you do get them?

• Advertisement

Got my tickets, thank you sky!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

tallpaul wrote: »
    Maybe cool your jets and stop looking at a gifthorse in the mouth? Plenty if time still to grt them. Will you be on as quick if you do get them?

Seems he would be haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Got the sky go extra letter today it says if you received a sky go xtra offer you will be charged at the standard rate price after the offer has ended
    And to give 30 days notice of cancellation.
    Hos long do we have it for does any one no

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭R11

Saw that too. Is it just a sneaky way of sky giving free sky go extra for a few months then whacking us with a bill for it after that?? Wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭xraylady

I've been watching the football tickets for past few days and still ' more coming' message up. I hope they at least put sold out sign up soon so I can go ahead and buy elsewhere. Doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

xraylady wrote: »
    I've been watching the football tickets for past few days and still ' more coming' message up. I hope they at least put sold out sign up soon so I can go ahead and buy elsewhere. Doing my head in!

Can't see any more coming for dublin v tyrone, maybe kerry v mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭xraylady

That's the one I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

When I first got the email from Sky VIP (Sky Gold), I just presumed I only got a free dvd and that was it.

I only realise now after finding and reading this thread that I would be also able to enter competitions and get match tickets.
    skydish79 wrote: »
    Can't see any more coming for dublin v tyrone, maybe kerry v mayo
    xraylady wrote: »
    That's the one I'm looking for.

It's telling me against Dublin -v- Tyrone and Kerry -v- Mayo "more coming". Not saying it's fully booked like the other ticket options. Guessing there might be tickets available again at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great tickets for the cork game front row right beside Waterford technical area Dan the man like a mad man running around

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Waiting list is opened for Dublin Tyrone Tickets - not sure when it opened but it was today at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sanna wrote: »
    Waiting list is opened for Dublin Tyrone Tickets - not sure when it opened but it was today at some point.

It wasnt on at 1pm, so it must be only recently. But Im on it.

Fingers crossed thats a promising sign for getting something!

I ballsed up getting tickets last wk, was in a meeting and didnt realise they went on sale! Poor Hubbie will need to make do with me as his sidekick for the day if we get the tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

on the waiting list for Mayo, not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

Fully booked now by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Cinema tickets just went live again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasper1422

Hi All,

Can anyone who received tickets for Gaa games tell me how long it took to get confirmation Email or if you got one at all? I got to book the tickets for the Mayo V Kerry game yesterday but never got confirmation Email after.

Thanks in advance

jasper1422 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone who received tickets for Gaa games tell me how long it took to get confirmation Email or if you got one at all? I got to book the tickets for the Mayo V Kerry game yesterday but never got confirmation Email after.

Thanks in advance

Email arrived within a few minutes. Tickets themselves arrive Friday evening

That wouldnt be the same tho if you were on the waiting list would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasper1422

Thanks for reply. Still no sign of confirmation email. It said one would be send after I confirmed order. Noting in junk email either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

also got a letter about sky go extra contract.........di we have any idea how ling the offer period is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

with the free movie, can you pick anyone? Some new releases are showing as free for me but other movies are showing as 16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kevgorman

Can someone in Sky, explain to me as a Sky VIP Black customer, who My Sky Go Extra as promised hasn't been upgraded , as I get message that I have all my devices used, of which only two are registered? Also why despite being almost 20 yrs a Sky customer when trying access channel 995 SkyAthLntcVIPhd , pressing Red button as asked on screen , wait on it to wait when retrieving my details, comes up with There was a problem processing your request? So much for being told I am a Sky VIP Black customer. I have ordered Sky Q, installation in over a week but these other services should have been added to my box and devices by now. To be honest am having second thoughts about upgrading to Sky Q now and might just ring up in the morning and cancel it. All promises I hope it aint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

kevgorman wrote: »
    Can someone in Sky, explain to me as a Sky VIP Black customer, who My Sky Go Extra as promised hasn't been upgraded , as I get message that I have all my devices used, of which only two are registered? Also why despite being almost 20 yrs a Sky customer when trying access channel 995 SkyAthLntcVIPhd , pressing Red button as asked on screen , wait on it to wait when retrieving my details, comes up with There was a problem processing your request? So much for being told I am a Sky VIP Black customer. I have ordered Sky Q, installation in over a week but these other services should have been added to my box and devices by now. To be honest am having second thoughts about upgrading to Sky Q now and might just ring up in the morning and cancel it. All promises I hope it aint...

You might be better off going to the 'sky' forum here on boards, rather than the 'bargain alerts' forum

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Just a heads up. Tickets available for some premier league matches now

ratoath25 wrote: »
    Just a heads up. Tickets available for some premier league matches now

You really have to be on the ball to get EPL tickets. All good games gone already (though there werent many)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Yeah looking for arsenal tickets, none available

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Those guys must just be constantly refreshing. The odds of getting tickets to football games are with big teams are so slim id imagine, they probably have only a few tickets and your competing with millions in UK/Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cinema tickets gone already?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cinema tickets gone already?

For which film?

Pattycakes was last week (if not longer)

Thomas isnt being shown in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

dubmick wrote: »
    with the free movie, can you pick anyone? Some new releases are showing as free for me but other movies are showing as 16.99
    Just certain ones are free.

• Advertisement

Just certain ones are free.

I remember my Christmas gift (a free movie from the sky store) was any movie, I got a new release (plus dvd) for free. I have got my gift from teh app but havent chosen a movie yet. Was thinking Logan myself though or GotG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Pro14 rugby tickets seem to have appeared earlier today and already fully booked for each match.

I get why there isn't a notification system but it's a pain having to check so often

Competition for 55 inch LG OLED UHD TV shown this evening for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Marje wrote: »
    Competition for 55 inch LG OLED UHD TV shown this evening for me.
    Seen so to be an error for me when I complete the application form.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Seen so to be an error for me when I complete the application form.

Worked ok for both prizes (Game of Thrones prize)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Marje wrote: »
    Worked ok for both prizes (Game of Thrones prize)
    Just tried again and it was the apostrophe in my surname which seemed to have caused it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

List of welcome movies here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Did anyone get tickets for the Kerry V Mayo game that was on standby?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I put in for the movie but never got the email, what should I do to claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Thanks to the OP again.

The mother and father now have sky Q and there extremely impressed with it campere to the older sky hd.

The mother loves that she does not have to record stuff on both boxs at home and just needs to use the one now e.g. the downstairs and she can stream it to the bedroom.

Also I am shocked that she finds it easyer to use then sky hd !!!.

I am tempted myself to get unless virgin give me a good deal

• Advertisement
Advertisement