Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

There was a voucher in the paper yesterday for 10 off 45 in tesco valid until 31st Jan. Its a different barcode than previous. I've attached a pic, it may scan at self service then put a receipt or a piece of paper in the coupon slot when it asks for coupon. I havent tried this myself yet with this voucher but it has worked for me with previous vouchers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I don't see an attachment, but in Tesco yesterday the cashier was pretty firm on not accepting anything other than a voucher from the paper.
    She said they are being checked and treated like cash from their side now!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

The thread is a bit too long to read back through, but,
    I have my eye on a telly in Tesco, just shy of €300,
    Will Tesco take 5 or 6 of these vouchers off the one item?
    Like give me €60 off for producing 6 vouchers off the telly?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

audi02 wrote: »
    Still working. Same barcode on all vouchers that are dated before or up to the 24th dec

Yes can confirm this as used the voucher on page 16 of this forum today to get the Christmas drink.

I took a screen capture of the page on my phone and cropped it and it scanned no problem at self service. If you click into the image it’s blurry and won’t scan.

The guy working the self service done the slip of paper thing for me and I put through 2 transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Thanks in advance.

I was told they could take 4 vouchers in one transaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks in advance.

Thought it was just up to €200

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought it was just up to €200
    the paper vouchers say 200, but several people have posted with reports of using them, or seeing them used for €300+ spends. You would think the computer system would prevent this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

can you use it to buy vodafone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Here is the latest voucher if it could be of any use. It's valid till 31/12/18.

mstOXCX.png

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

normakelle wrote: »
    can you use it to buy vodafone credit?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes.

I thought phone credit, baby formula etc wasnt included? Is phone credit available at the self service?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

audi02 wrote:
    I thought phone credit, baby formula etc wasnt included? Is phone credit available at the self service?

No tobacco, baby formula, medicines etc. Phone credit is included and can be bought at self service.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No tobacco, baby formula, medicines etc. Phone credit is included and can be bought at self service.

Oh brill thanks. Vodafone are also giving an extra €10 when you top up by €30 that'll be a good deal when €15 of essentials is added on to make up the €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

mac.in wrote: »
    Here is the latest voucher if it could be of any use. It's valid till 31/12/18.

mstOXCX.png

Do I just print this off and use it ? thanks

toonarmy1 wrote:

No they aren't accepted in the shop. Some people have had luck through self scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

toonarmy1 wrote: »

It depends on who you meet.
    Try self service tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I tried self service this evening and no joy as the assistant had to put through alcohol for me. She said oh we can't accept that ....I had it on my phone maybe I should have used a printed copy?

I just picked up a few bits in tesco and 2x€30 Vodafone credit..whole lot came to €72. Used a €12 off 60 and €10 off €45..paid €50. This was at self service. Vodafone credit is worth €40 cos if you top up by €30 you get €10 free so all in all €92 worth of stuff for €50. Should've chanced another €10 off €45 to see

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

audi02 wrote: »
    I just picked up a few bits in tesco and 2x€30 Vodafone credit..whole lot came to €72. Used a €12 off 60 and €10 off €45..paid €50. This was at self service. Vodafone credit is worth €40 cos if you top up by €30 you get €10 free so all in all €92 worth of stuff for €50. Should've chanced another €10 off €45 to see

Can you buy Vodafone credit in self service (I mean self scan kiosks)?

mac.in wrote: »
    Can you buy Vodafone credit in self service (I mean self scan kiosks)?

Yes I didnt know this until today either

• Advertisement

It been mentioned on every page for the past 3 pages.

It been mentioned on every page for the past 3 pages.

I only tried it when you confirmed it for me today. Cheers

audi02 wrote:
    I only tried it when you confirmed it for me today. Cheers

No bother. It's needless clutter though that makes people miss out on the important info for the BA. It's about backwards at the sled scans if you ask me. I bet the airtime voucher caught you out!

No bother. It's needless clutter though that makes people miss out on the important info for the BA. It's about backwards at the sled scans if you ask me. I bet the airtime voucher caught you out!

I know sorry newborn baby has me tied up I onlu get to flick thru these my bad. Ya it took me a few mins to figure out. Can't believe mobile top up is included

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

How do you buy it at the self scan checkout? I bought something today but couldn't see where to buy phone credit - do you select the "item does not scan" option and enter it or something or do you need to get an assistant to put it in for you? Does the code come out with your receipt then?

Thanks

Valyawl wrote: »
    I tried self service this evening and no joy as the assistant had to put through alcohol for me. She said oh we can't accept that ....I had it on my phone maybe I should have used a printed copy?

trick is to ask to get the alcohol cleared by assistant before applying the voucher I think!

How do you buy it at the self scan checkout? I bought something today but couldn't see where to buy phone credit - do you select the "item does not scan" option and enter it or something or do you need to get an assistant to put it in for you? Does the code come out with your receipt then?

Thanks

Theres an option for mobile top up on the screen, i'll try and get a picture in the morning. Its near the finish and pay button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Theres an option for mobile top up on the screen, i'll try and get a picture in the morning. Its near the finish and pay button.

Thanks a mill Rossie - must have just missed it :o:o Will try again next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wait... is this still working ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

any vouchers in today's newspapers?

Advertisement