Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought the 757s were going for freighter conversion - are they just too old? or too many younger ex-passenger aircraft available now due to covid?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

LBT was scrapped, the remaining 3 seem to be stored but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saw this yesterday in Africa, phone photo isn’t clear enough to see the registration but I think that I can see a Phoenix sign on the tail. Any ideas if they have more than one aircraft painted like this?

551224.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Hmmm....Phoenix Air non-scheduled airline headquartered in Cartersville, Georgia. Might be N173PA. 'As of 14 October 2014, two Phoenix Air Gulfstreams were able to carry Ebola patients, and another jet was being equipped in a simialar manner.'(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Air)

That was my initial guess, but a medical flight seemed out of context for when I saw it.

• Advertisement

;) It seems that N173PA was through EIDW on the 15th April last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Flight history can be seen here: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N173PA

Aha that makes sense, Sudan is probably the first place that it was tracked and I saw it to the southwest of there.

Some randoms from the last week or so.

551883.jpeg

551884.jpeg

551885.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

N'Djamena?
    Nice runabout for the DRC that 900.

• Advertisement

Good guess :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good guess :):)

A good send off!

It was an interesting day, way more planes than the airport was capable of handling, so total chaos. Was back there since and it was much quieter :)

551894.jpeg

551895.jpeg

Some lovely photos in this article. I think that the only other pictures I ever saw published for a B747 interior was for the Sultan of Brunei’s B744.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boeing-business-jet-747-8i-private-photos-interior-2020-3?r=US&IR=T#the-centerpiece-of-the-jet-is-the-salon-on-the-main-floor-with-three-couches-a-coffee-table-and-vaulted-ceilings-21

Africa is a fun place for finding strange aircraft :)

Not too many of these flying these days

553414.jpeg

Italian Air Force KC767, I believe.

553415.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

de biz wrote: »
    N'Djamena?
    Nice runabout for the DRC that 900.

Eritrea, I'd guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

That indigo VT-IHL is only 16 years old.

Are 320's that common now that its cheaper to scrap them than trying to re-lease them?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

There are so many A320s out there available to potential purchasers/lessors that when an airframe comes up for what is prob a major check as I suspect this one was its more financially viable to part it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Love the IL-62 opening the thrust reversers before touchdown, it's a great party trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

:eek: I just happened to be reading about that Lauda Air crash today

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Love the IL-62 opening the thrust reversers before touchdown, it's a great party trick.

DC-8's (to the 60 series) Dc-9's and C-17...Nasa's Gulfstream has been also been modified (I think) to enable to deploy the reverses inflight. Still a good trick mind

JUBA South Sudan, really like a working museum

555340.jpeg

555341.jpeg

555342.jpeg

Is this the worlds biggest helicopter?

555342.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭zone 1

it landed in chad at our camp some size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

A Dub in Glasgow: 'ZZ177 over my house 10 minutes ago Edinburgh to Northolt'

I do like the 'Registration'. I took me a while to work out what they had done. Looking at it another way and you get LLIZZ (Elizabeth) I'm sure it was intentional given the current circumtances.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

@smurfjed do you happen to know who is flying those Ilyushin 76s around in that part of the world? Are they local pilots or Russians? I'd love to know where they do their recurrent sims!!

Absolutely no idea, but in the middle band of africa there are a lot of them flying for the UN, i therefore think that they must have some type of oversight. Assuming that only sims are in Russia and Ukraine so training must be on the aircraft.

It appears that Iran has one and there is an add-on for MSFS :)

Advertisement