Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Brian017

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is that even for the Irish prime? I'm logged in to the Irish prime on my Samsung smart TV and get Feck all content!! Top gear and season 1 of teletubbies is about it!! Is there a trick to gettin the UK content?

Just chat with Amazon CS and tell them you want to change your Prime Video region to the UK. That's what I, and many other Boardsies, have done

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

slightly unrelated question... is there any content on Amazon Prime UK in 4K/HDR? Tried to search the web (and the catalogue) and it looks like there is 4K content but I'm not sure if it's in the library included with Prime i.e. you have to pay extra to view it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    is there any content on Amazon Prime UK in 4K/HDR? Tried to search the web..

I set the TV up to be UK region (Secret menus and button presses)
    I have no VPN currently enabled on it (have getflix but its too slow).
    My account is standard Irish Amazon account
    I think having Prime tv and music access is very new to Irish accounts.
    I enabled prime trial last week while I was ordering stuff from their website.
    There is another BA here how to get prime student prices - but I havn't tried it.
    There is a Row of programs titled 4K in the TV APP that you can scroll through.

I miss the "Go Back 10 Seconds" feature Netflix has and the scroll bar to select position - the rewind is very poorly done in the Amazon app.

Otherwise excellent bonus if you use prime as a service already. But wont replace Netflix in our house.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’m surprised to hear getflix is slow
    Are you sure that’s the issue and it’s nothing else ?
    Getflix use a smart dns to change location to uk and USA which tends not to have any impact on speeds unlike a vpn which will slow your speeds down
    I have getflix set up on the router and everything is going through it without issue

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m surprised to hear getflix is slow
    Are you sure that’s the issue and it’s nothing else ?

I have a fast Virgin Media service that works well for everything else - 200mb+

When getflix is enabled on the TV (by switching dns setting) it takes ages to show all the netflix icons - video buffers and doesn't play full bitrate (blocky).
    I've tried several of the DNS servers including Ireland one we are supposed to use. Gave up on it.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

ozmo wrote: »

When getflix is enabled on the TV (by switching dns setting) it takes ages to show all the netflix icons - video buffers and doesn't play full bitrate (blocky).
    I've tried several of the DNS servers including Ireland one we are supposed to use. Gave up on it.

If you set up the custom DNS on phone/PC/Laptop, do you see the same slowness?

ozmo wrote: »

Tv is at fault here I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If anyone has a spare netflix spot send me a pm pls.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If anyone has a spare netflix spot send me a pm pls.

Cheers

I think you're mixing up Spotify family.

TheDriver wrote: »

Nah there are a few Netflix groups too, I’m in one and it reduces the cost €30 for the year last time

• Advertisement

No we've been doing it with netflix here too.
    I signed up for the 4 screen 4k Mexican one.

3 spaces left as my dad etc already are signed up.

Costing me mx 199 a month. /+/- 8.95€.

9 x 12 = 108 ÷ 4 = €27 each per month for 13 months.

First 3 pms will secure a profile.

Edit these are all gone now.

Obviously I have an account already, and the lads have ask paid upfront for it, but I've a pal who wants a space so I'm keeping an eye out for him.

Currently the Argentine netflix or Turkish one is working out at roughly 7€ per month for the same deal.

7 x 12 = 84 ÷ 4 = 22€ for a full years netflix?

Great deal, so if anyone wants to get another family up and running - put my name in the hat, I'll square you up straight away. :)

True but you rely on everyone only using one screen at a time plus everyone has access to each others profiles. A high level of trust is required unlike Spotify

True but you rely on everyone only using one screen at a time plus everyone has access to each others profiles. A high level of trust is required unlike Spotify

Works fine for me, I only ever use one screen at a time and who would bother looking at another person profile that’s just immature
    Ohh what are they watching lol

Mines been on the go since Oct, I've never had an issue with it.

There's 3 x other profiles there, and hand on my heart, I've never even thought of looking at anyone's watch history as I don't see the point.

It's a cheap way to enjoy premium netflix for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Getflix is a smart dns route which doesn’t slow speeds as far as I know and not a vpn, although they do offer a vpn service I’ve never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

is there a website that tells you where the cheapest netflix sub is?ive googled it but not one of them mentions turkey.mainly mexico or argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Brian017

is there a website that tells you where the cheapest netflix sub is?ive googled it but not one of them mentions turkey.mainly mexico or argentina.

There's a spreadsheet Netflix price conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Brian017 wrote: »
    There's a spreadsheet Netflix price conversion

What VPN are people using for turkey? I have ip vanish and there's no Turkish server Hola won't work for me. Tried a few others but they don't have turkey as an option in their free trial

jkbah wrote: »
    What VPN are people using for turkey? I have ip vanish and there's no Turkish server Hola won't work for me. Tried a few others but they don't have turkey as an option in their free trial

Download Hola on your mobile, select chrome to open with Turkish servers.

Works flawlessly.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Worked this time. No websites would work only Google earlier. Was on Mexican Netflix before. Just got virtual card from revolut and signed up to Turkish Netflix. Happy days

so do I cancel my mexico, then wait until the month is up and the following day, log into my account using a vpn for turkey and sign back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

so do I cancel my mexico, then wait until the month is up and the following day, log into my account using a vpn for turkey and sign back up?

Yep. It doesn't even have to be the following day. You could have moved to Turkey in the middle of your monthly subscription.

I used another email similar to mine with few extra letters to use for log in. Getting free month now in Turkey too. My sub for Mexican Netflix due tomorrow. Wondering if we need to delete and re download Netflix app though?

jkbah wrote: »
    I used another email similar to mine with few extra letters to use for log in. Getting free month now in Turkey too. My sub for Mexican Netflix due tomorrow. Wondering if we need to delete and re download Netflix app though?

No, app is just used for logging in.
    Subscription is just priced differently depending on where in the world you are when you are signing up for it or renewing. So if yours expires when you are in Turkey on holidays, then you can sign up.
    Anyone can sign in using app.

Suckit wrote: »
    Yep. It doesn't even have to be the following day. You could have moved to Turkey in the middle of your monthly subscription.

So if i cancel my mexico sub now and then go to sign up within the same account using turkey VPN, it is automatically charge at the start of next month? Sounds a bit too good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Ginger83

No we've been doing it with netflix here too.

Obviously I have an account already, and the lads have ask paid upfront for it, but I've a pal who wants a space so I'm keeping an eye out for him.

Currently the Argentine netflix or Turkish one is working out at roughly 7€ per month for the same deal.

7 x 12 = 84 ÷ 4 = 22€ for a full years netflix?

Great deal, so if anyone wants to get another family up and running - put my name in the hat, I'll square you up straight away. :)

Count me in for a profile also.

So if i cancel my mexico sub now and then go to sign up within the same account using turkey VPN, it is automatically charge at the start of next month? Sounds a bit too good
    I haven't tried signing up in the middle of a subscription. I usually wait until the sub (month has ended) - I am on Argentina since I think April, so I haven't switched in a bit, but once it has expired, then you can sign up in the new Country.

- I would let it expire first.

Suckit wrote: »
    I haven't tried signing up in the middle of a subscription. I usually wait until the sub (month has ended) - I am on Argentina since I think April, so I haven't switched in a bit, but once it has expired, then you can sign up in the new Country.

- I would let it expire first.

I agree let it expire first, no rush signing up anyway once you have a valid sub

• Advertisement

Ive cancelled mine and it says 2nd is last day for streaming. Is it Irish time it goes by i.e. at 1am tonight will it be expired and am I free to sign up again or is it US time?

Advertisement