Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of snow watch -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Infact i dont think temperatures will hit double figures in Dublin
    for at least 10 days :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shame coz the current cold weather is annoying, its not cold enough for snow most days and but its still feels cold to most us standing outside waiting on buses each morning and evening:) i want it to end:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah, bored of semi cold weather, roll on summer! - and then next winter for more snow prospects - it WILL happen next year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Whiteout

Snow much heavier than last week and settling. 1cm

Where is everyone, Dublin should be getting this as well. Temp here is +0.7C.

stopping now. At that temp, it won't hang around for long, but probably will get more showers.

Stopped at moment. Temp up to +0.9C. Is now thawing a little.

• Advertisement

Woke up to tyhe biggest snow in years :D:D:D

Not much but around 2cm's and lashing it down :D:D :eek: :eek:

Temp rising a little more. can see shower to my north. Should be heading this way.

That shower is here, hail atm. Looking north, it doesn't look like this shower is going to come to much.

Cant feel my hands buy hey..

Just had thundersnow :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

Completed objective 1 of snow day plan - Build snowman :D:D

Objective 2 is to built igloo

- Can confirm thunder and lightning and snow :D:D

:D

Sferic showing up here

Looks like a good feed of showers into Dublin area

• Advertisement

Snow starting again. Light at moment

Temp is +1.4C

Ha ha :D:D

Hd to clear 2 cars and then one came back, apparently the roads
    are real bad :eek: :D

Another snow shower approaching :D

And just noticed that the cover was made from soft hail i think :D

Still a decent 2cm covering everywhere there was a drift
    if i can call it that of 10cm's by the wall :D

Now hailing/snowing again :D

Sun is out. Rapid thaw.

Thawing here too but less so with cloud cover and sporadic bursts
    of snow :D

Truth is it's March 2nd ;)

This must be a very localised thing, havent heard anything
    on the radio so there must be nowhere near what's here
    in the city center? ;)

This must be a very localised thing, havent heard anything
    on the radio so there must be nowhere near what's here
    in the city center? ;)

You're listening to wrong radio ;)

Loads on radio. Cars, lorries getting stuck everywhere.(edit:-agree, everywhere is a slight exaggeration ) Latest is ballinteer area of M50. N11 bad with vehicles getting stuck in Kilmacanogue area. Roads bad around Roundwood, the list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

11 Car pile up on the N11 apparently, colleague said he came across thunder showers near swords.

irish1 wrote:
    11 Car pile up on the N11 apparently, colleague said he came across thunder showers near swords.

Pile up doesn't surprise me. Hopefully not too serious.

NRA reporting snow at Sandyford. No treating of roads in eastern areas. ie N11 & M50. Temps are not very low. If roads were treated then there wouldn't be the huge problems that there are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

2-3cm of snow mixed hail in Bray! Kids having snowball fights. Our two west highland terriers are loving it. They are only 1 year old and Its their first snow. They are having a ball. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

just a light dusting here-looks like all the activity is just north of here.
    It's snowing now though lightly temp is 0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no snow in meath when i left this morning but snow from blanchardstown inwards, was quite bad around the ballsbridge area when i was on a bus there about an hour ago.

By the way, nearly all lying snow gone here now in the sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Loads of snow in leopardstown/sandyford/dundrum area. visibility bad, can't see the far side of the racecourse (usually can see dublin bay) traffic in the area is very light, but slow. reckon those pileups means that ppl aren't gettig in to cause gridlock. the snow seems to be hail-like, and it hurts when it bounces on your head! Decided to take the luas today. Didn't fancy cycling cos of all those muppets sliding around in cars trying to kill me. Didn't fancy driving for ... well the same reason. This came on very quick - alarm went off at 7:10 and I went to turn it off and hit the snooze button and it was fine - no snow at all. 5 mins later when I woke up again it was farking snowing!!! wtf??? was almost snowed in ;)

Still lying in Bray with more sporadic showers, only the odd patch of blue sky, still decent cloud cover, thawing but not that quickly. Kids....and dads making the most of Brays only lying snow(all of 2-3cm!) in the last 3-4 years. Gonna take the dogs up Bray head for a walk before it melts!

bright cloud overhead and to the west but nice threatening dark clouds tracking in from the north east

big fluffy flakes starting to fall

Sleet. Temp +2.8C Shower heading this way.

Hail in Bray now

• Advertisement

Wind seems to be in the north-luckilly or else heavy echoes to my East would be blowing in...
    just seen yer man "reading" the weather on tv3 so its still snowing nicely out near tallaght.

Theres going to be slaps in wicklow over this, yet again roads not treated...

The showers that hit Dublin are heading soutwestwards, they have crossed the wicklow mountains so they should be heading in Carlow direction now-Given that they are thunder showers, there'll be a pep in them for a while yet.
    The tail edge of those showers at its northern tip is just leaving the Dublin area now, theres nothing behind it so the sun should come out-showers later in the day will probably be rain as the temp will rise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement