Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bastards in the work space

Options
  • 05-12-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭

So recently there have been people complaining that the food they leave in the fridge for lunch gets either eaten or take nibbles from it and put it back.
    Seemed to die down a bit until a friend showed me the chicken breast he had made had chunks taken out of it.
    One lady in particular buys expensive milk for some reason (soya I believe) and also leaves it in the fridge till one day she noticed the newly bought carton was empty.
    After it happened again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Mixed it up and away she went to the work the next day.
    Came back later on to find the carton open and left on the counter with wet patches on the floor and never ever had problems again.
    Now we've a new issue where people who leave cigarettes on their desks for the night come back to find half the smokes gone or in some case an empty box.
    Some utter ****ers these days in offices.
    Does anyone else encounter this kind of crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

bear1 wrote: »
    So recently there have been people complaining that the food they leave in the fridge for lunch gets either eaten or take nibbles from it and put it back.
    Seemed to die down a bit until a friend showed me the chicken breast he had made had chunks taken out of it.
    One lady in particular buys expensive milk for some reason (soya I believe) and also leaves it in the fridge till one day she noticed the newly bought carton was empty.
    After it happens again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and placed poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Came back later on to find the carton open and left on the counter with wet patches on the floor and never ever had problems again.
    Now we've a new issue where people who leave cigarettes on their desks for the night come back to find half the smokes gone or in some case an empty box.

See, for me, lunches, dinners, sandwiches etc are no-go items - absolutely... but your milks, butters, ketchups n whatnot are kinda communal. You leave milk in the work fridge, it's fair game if you ask me...

Controversial topic this... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just put a few bogies in your sandwich. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Put a sticker on your food marked - "Poisoned"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I disagree.
    If you go out of your way to buy expensive items and you trust that leaving it in a fridge for workers will be safe then no one should have the right without asking to use said product.
    Wouldn't matter what the item is to me if someone is using it without asking it's being a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I disagree.
    If you go out of your way to buy expensive items and you trust that leaving it in a fridge for workers will be safe then no one should have the right without asking to use said product.
    Wouldn't matter what the item is to me if someone is using it without asking it's being a prick.

So cheaper items are ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

I was working on a wall for several years to protect our people then this bastard came in, he knew nothing, took over our workplace, and let dodgy people through the dang wall.
    Jon snow was his name I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Put a post it on my milk " I spat in this"
    Came back at lunch and some so & so had written " So did I"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

After it happened again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Cigarettes should be burned, foul pestulant things they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Just buy your own fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Just buy your own fridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Not a problem for me, I never bring lunch, but a few colleagues do and often blame me if their stuff is took, I never touch it, I buy my lunch everyday. Fcuk them too the bastards, deserve to get their mingy sambos stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    So cheaper items are ok?

Nope, I'm using the milk as the example here.
    Regardless of the cost I wouldn't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

If somebody drank fairy liquid they would have a pretty good case to sue. Pretty pretty pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I always wonder what's wrong with people that they think nothing of using other people's stuff without their permission. These kind of twits ruin it for everyone— half the advice in the last thread was "get rid of the fridge".

Why can't people just keep their hands off what isn't theirs? Is that honestly so hard for people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

DivingDuck wrote: »
    I always wonder what's wrong with people that they think nothing of using other people's stuff without their permission. These kind of twits ruin it for everyone— half the advice in the last thread was "get rid of the fridge".

Why can't people just keep their hands off what isn't theirs? Is that honestly so hard for people?

It depends. Milk is communal, so is bread. Your mothers hot stew is yours to keep.

It depends. Milk is communal, so is bread.

Who says, though? If I buy it, what gives you the right to take and use it?

I'm sure you're perfectly fine with someone using your communal items, so it's not a hypocrisy issue but one of fairness. Why should the folks who wouldn't dream of touching anything belonging to someone else (and we do exist, I promise) have to share their things when they're not using anyone else's?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Camera in the canteen,

camera = bastard eradicator,

Camera in the canteen,

camera = bastard eradicator,

My first thought, but there's all kinds of data protection issues with this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Years ago there was an issue with large amounts of food going missing from a canteen in an office I worked in.
    The chief suspect was one of the chefs who arrived in early every morning. Management assumed he was on the stroke.

Anyways a plan was hatched to catch him in act where three managers arrived in earlier than him to catch him out.

Turned out that one of waitresses used to travel in with him and they were doing the hokey kokey in locker rooms before starting work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Well that's great input right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Reminds me of:

Why do people name their food in work?
    Today I ate a snadwich called Brian....!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Use a small picnic bag. Keeps the food cold. It's what I use and it solves the problem :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Turned out that one of waitresses used to travel in with him and they were doing the hokey kokey in locker rooms before starting work.

But who stole the grub !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Stoner wrote: »

But who stole the grub !

I dunno , three managers catching the chef and the waitress doing the hokey kokey was more interesting.

I dunno , three managers catching the chef and the waitress doing the hokey kokey was more interesting.

Not to the lad who owned the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

You do realise that it’s the burning that makes them foul pestulant things...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I can't believe people still do it, but it 100% goes on. Wtf are people thinking when they eat another person's sandwich? This isn't an isolated incident. It's genuinely widespread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Christ. I thought the sandwiches were supplied by the company. I ate three.

Advertisement