Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-09-2008, 22:41   #61
Karlusss

Send a message via MSN to Karlusss
Has anybody noticed the amount that Irish people pop up in mailbags on Sky Sports, on NFL.com and everywhere else? There really is a sleeper crowd for football here. It just needs some schools to take it up or something. Maybe our schools aren't big enough on average to field teams?
Advertisement
24-09-2008, 17:30   #62
jdivision

Not allowed play kitted until 17 now, but flag football could get a good base in secondary schools
24-09-2008, 23:40   #63

I have done demo days in a couple of schools and have a few more lined up.
I really need some teachers to become coaches.
There are a few schools in the UK who have really taken to Flag Football.

A Youth and Junior Team Ireland is what I would love to see.
08-10-2008, 23:38   #64
ReacherCreature

American football in Clonmel, Tipperary.

Hey everyone.

Just thought I'd put up a post here for anyone at all who'd have an interest in playing American Football in Clonmel, Tipperary. At the moment, The Clonmel Warriors are a non-contact team and developing. American Football is well accomodated In Ireland with a league set up for the fully kitted version, there's a league also for flag football.

If you've any interest whatsoever, do contact me. We have a few players and are on the lookout for more. Ages of 16+ are welcomed. If you don't have any idea of how the game is played but have an interest in playing, it's no problem, we'll teach you all the ins and outs of it!

Here's the Warriors Bebo Page : http://www.bebo.com/warriorsfootball

Training takes place each Saturday at 11 am at the Tipperary Insitute. (across from Clonmel Og)

If you've any questions, leave a reply or contact me at Lukozade16@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Luke.
17-10-2008, 10:14   #65

Hi Luke,
Have you made contact with the IAFL yet? (www.iafl.info) Make sure to let them know you're setting up, as they can assist in the process. You'll need to be a member of the IAFL anyway.
Advertisement
25-12-2008, 15:04   #66
Mars Bar
I belong here. As do you.

Jaysus Luke, you are everywhere!

Mary from Galway here!
07-03-2009, 22:01   #67

Was fascinated to find out there's an Irish football league, (fair play btw), i thought i'd left football forever when i moved over here,

Was just wondering what type of playbooks would most of the teams use, as in would they come up with their own ones, or base them on similar pro/collegiate playbooks in the States, which are available online (and very interesting),
07-03-2009, 22:13   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanandler Bong View Post
Was fascinated to find out there's an Irish football league, (fair play btw), i thought i'd left football forever when i moved over here,

Was just wondering what type of playbooks would most of the teams use, as in would they come up with their own ones, or base them on similar pro/collegiate playbooks in the States, which are available online (and very interesting),
I coach UCD but in the 8's development league. But my playbook is a re hashed version of a playbook from a High School in the US plus my 5 years knowledge. Im certified Level 1 coaching here and have 2 seperate certs from Courses in the US. Alot of the coaches in the IAFL create their playbooks based on their own experience and knowledge mixed with good coaching and standard playbooks from the US I would imagine but again every coach here would have their own method so I could be wrong.
07-03-2009, 22:39   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallaghtoutlaws View Post
I coach UCD but in the 8's development league. But my playbook is a re hashed version of a playbook from a High School in the US plus my 5 years knowledge. Im certified Level 1 coaching here and have 2 seperate certs from Courses in the US. Alot of the coaches in the IAFL create their playbooks based on their own experience and knowledge mixed with good coaching and standard playbooks from the US I would imagine but again every coach here would have their own method so I could be wrong.
Cool, I'm 18 now and have been over here since 05, played some high school ball back then, as a secondary to baseball, but have probably got a bit rusty since. Would you recommend enlisting for a "8's development team" first to get used to the pace again?
Advertisement
07-03-2009, 23:31   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanandler Bong View Post
Cool, I'm 18 now and have been over here since 05, played some high school ball back then, as a secondary to baseball, but have probably got a bit rusty since. Would you recommend enlisting for a "8's development team" first to get used to the pace again?
Id say for convenience go to the closest team to you. Going to a development team with the season upon us you might see more game time as they continually take on players as for growth. The full teams do also but you may find it hard establishing yourself into a position but I would say contact all the teams and talk to their coaches. They will all give you a fair shot. Where do you live? If you live Northside you have the Rhinos(Full) in Castleknock, Trinty who play in Santry(Dev), DCU (full) also in Santry/Glasnevin not too sure where they play now. The Rebels (Full) Train in booterstown but play in Santry. Dublin Dragon (Dev) Lucan, and UCD unfortunately is students only which is a development team also.
08-03-2009, 10:42   #71
jdivision

Saints play in ALSAA next to the airport. I'm a coach with the team and you're more than welcome to come down Chanandler. PM me if you need details
13-03-2009, 12:41   #72
kev_s88

How intensive is the development stuff Tallaght...because im a student out in UCD and im looking at getting back into sports, American Football being the main choice. im planning on coming to the games once they start so i can get a feel for it but any help would be great
13-03-2009, 13:29   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_s88 View Post
How intensive is the development stuff Tallaght...because im a student out in UCD and im looking at getting back into sports, American Football being the main choice. im planning on coming to the games once they start so i can get a feel for it but any help would be great
PM Sent
13-03-2009, 14:57   #74

Are there any flag football competitions? I'd love to give American Football a go, but am skint at the moment (bloody R-word!). Can someone give an outline for flag football?
13-03-2009, 16:16   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnchadhc View Post
Are there any flag football competitions? I'd love to give American Football a go, but am skint at the moment (bloody R-word!). Can someone give an outline for flag football?
Where are you based?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion