Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-03-2019, 19:19   #61
J. Marston

Awesome. Loads of old characters and the TFTB crew, including Rhys with a dodgy moustache. Didn't see Fiona though.
Advertisement
28-03-2019, 19:22   #62
TitianGerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
Doesn't look like it's gotten a visual upgrade based on that, looks more or less the same as 2 did visually.
He did say 4K there when the clip **** the bed but it's cell shaded graphics so it can only look so good.

Randy looked seriously annoyed when the trailer stuttered though
28-03-2019, 19:22   #63
Dcully

Visually looks the same but fcuk it its more borderlands which is great.
28-03-2019, 19:28   #64
J. Marston

I always liked the cell-shaded look anyway. Gave the games its own aesthetic. You could show me two screenshots from Destiny and Anthem and I'd probably have a hard time telling them apart.
Thanks from:
28-03-2019, 19:30   #65
super_furry

I'm actually really disappointed the rumoured Borderlands 2 for the Switch package doesn't seem to exist.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-03-2019, 19:49   #66
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred The Red View Post
5 years Randy, I don't believe you.

No release date either.

Also what the hell happened the initial showing of the trailer. PAX fail

No mention of platforms either! Guessing the want to hold off the backlash from the Epic store for as long as possible.
28-03-2019, 19:53   #67
Falthyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
No mention of platforms either! Guessing the want to hold off the backlash from the Epic store for as long as possible.
The Borderlands Game of the Year trailer has Steam, PS4 and Xbox One as listed platforms. That might be indicative of their intended platforms for Borderlands 3.
28-03-2019, 19:56   #68
pixelburp

Wonder if Anthony Burch is still involved; his writing definitely informed a lot of the distinctive humour.

Game certainly doesn't look like it had much of a visual upgrade - but that's fine with me, better chance of being able to playing the damn thing
28-03-2019, 19:58   #69
TitianGerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Randy said he'd have more details soon. Is E3 the next big show? It'll be released on PC, Xbox and PS4.
Advertisement
28-03-2019, 20:00   #70
Jordan 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotzgoingon View Post
Any release date?
None yet.
28-03-2019, 20:02   #71
wotzgoingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan 199 View Post
None yet.
Hopefully towards the end of this year(September/October) and not some time next year.
28-03-2019, 20:06   #72
Enfilade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Wonder if Anthony Burch is still involved; his writing definitely informed a lot of the distinctive humour.

Game certainly doesn't look like it had much of a visual upgrade - but that's fine with me, better chance of being able to playing the damn thing
He left Gearbox 3 or 4 years back, no word if he's back or involved with the new game.
Thanks from:
28-03-2019, 20:11   #73
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

I loved BL 1 but couldn't finish BL 2, played 3 times and gave up around the same bit as it got fairly grindy going around the map collecting things. I see the handsome collection is 15 quid in Argos, tempted to give it another go but dunno why I loved the 1st but not the 2nd.
28-03-2019, 20:14   #74
wotzgoingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
I loved BL 1 but couldn't finish BL 2, played 3 times and gave up around the same bit as it got fairly grindy going around the map collecting things. I see the handsome collection is 15 quid in Argos, tempted to give it another go but dunno why I loved the 1st but not the 2nd.
I loved both played them on PC but got them for free on Xbox but cannot be bothered to play them again even though I loved playing them the first time. It's more to do with knowing how long I would have to play them for and the fun factor of playing a new game is gone also.
28-03-2019, 20:18   #75
Penn

Awesome trailer. Looks like just pure and utter "More Borderlands" which is exactly what I want. The reddit leak from a few pages back seems to have been bang on the money too.

I get that some are saying it looks like the previous games, but I thought some of the level design they showed in the trailer, especially some of the more exotic-looking areas looked fantastic. I think due to the celshading, that's where the improvement in graphics will really be noticed.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion