Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I absolutely agree with you Pawwed that words need to be had. I agree with you that men and women can struggle being alone but the can also excel and become better people for it.

Too many men have a scarcity mindset. They get into relationships and turn their backs on family, friends and hobbies etc. We should not be getting into situations with anyone or anything in life that we aren't prepared to walk away from. If a woman cheats it is often the man that has to leave the home, when it goes to court they are ordered to pay the cheating slut for the privilege of ruining the family home.

These men need to go home tonight and pack their loving wives belongings into black bags and have them waiting outside the front door. Men need to stop being these beta cucks as it is exactly what has got them in this position to begin with. Man up and get these toxic women out of your life gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

canonball5 wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with you Pawwed that words need to be had. I agree with you that men and women can struggle being alone but the can also excel ibeccome better people for it.

Too many men have a scarcity mindset. They get into relationships and turn their backs on family, friends and hobbies etc. We should not be getting into situations with anyone or anything in life that we aren't prepared to walk away from. If a woman cheats it is often the man that has to leave the home, when it goes to court they are ordered to pay the cheating slut for the privilege of ruining the family home.

These men need to go home tonight and pack their loving wives belongings into black bags and have them waiting outside the front door. Men need to stop being these beta cucks as it is exactly what has got them in this position to begin with. Man up and get these toxic women out of your life gents.

There's as many women as men who cheat. I'm not sure why you're singling out men.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

TomTomTim wrote: »
    There's as many women as men who cheat. I'm not sure why you're singling out men.

In my experience it's actually a higher percentage of women that cheat and usually the ones you least expect. This time of year is usually rampant for cheating at Xmas office parties but obviously won't be as widespread this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

TomTomTim wrote: »

Because this isn't Ladies Lounge. As already stated, in my opinion more women cheat than men. It is ingrained in them to seek attention and need to be attractive to the opposite sex, especially between the ages of 30-50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fisher99

I personally would never allow myself cheating the person I am in a relationship with. It feels wrong to cheat the person you have chosen to be in a relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

canonball5 wrote: »
    Because this isn't Ladies Lounge. As already stated, in my opinion more women cheat than men. It is ingrained in them to seek attention and need to be attractive to the opposite sex, especially between the ages of 30-50.

Hmm I would be very surprised if there is a difference between the genders and cheating.

It is similar to when you hear that men have more sexual partners than women. But given the population is pretty much 50/50 and every time a man engages in a heterosexual act therefore a women does too. Then by that fact the number of sexual partners will average the same for both hetro men and women.

I imagine it would be similar for cheating. If not then women must be cheating mainly with single men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Hmm I would be very surprised if there is a difference between the genders and cheating.

It is similar to when you hear that men have more sexual partners than women. But given the population is pretty much 50/50 and every time a man engages in a heterosexual act therefore a women does too. Then by that fact the number of sexual partners will average the same for both hetro men and women.

I imagine it would be similar for cheating. If not then women must be cheating mainly with single men.

It's far easier for an average woman to have multiple willing sexual partners than your average man.

It's far easier for an average woman to have multiple willing sexual partners than your average man.

Yes but that does not change the fact the actual average number must mathematically be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I was married. I was in a sexless marriage. I didn't cheat. I did think about it. But I came to the conclusion it would be better to end my marriage 4 days later I was single, it was amicable, soon I'll be legally separated.

Cheatings a tad bit pathetic if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

If it could be done, I think there should be a separate poll for men and women to see what the figures would be like then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I have been in 2 long term relationships. I cheated in both. I got into the second LTR through cheating on the first with the second. And then proceeded cheated on the second with a several.

Subsequently, I have had several more causal girlfriends, often having 2 or 3 at the same time. Often I had told them that I was not sleeping with or seeing anyone else. All lies. I have cheated relentlessly on every woman I have ever dated. I just seem to not be able to help it and I quickly get bored and look for something different.

Up Donegal wrote: »
    If it could be done, I think there should be a separate poll for men and women to see what the figures would be like then.

In polls like this, people are not going to be honest and results are meaningless.

For hetro relationships. If every time a man is in a relationship/marriage then there must also be one women in relationship/marriage. If people just cheated with other partnered people then there would be the exact same rate of cheating in both genders. If the rate of cheating is higher in one gender then that gender would be more likely to be cheating with single people of the opposite gender.

Advertisement