Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-06-2019, 19:54   #91
pirateradiohed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko87 View Post
Seems to be there for me.

http://www.nrgradiocork.com/NRG/
Wrong URL, apologies
Advertisement
06-07-2019, 12:34   #92
flazio

May be an odd question, but do pirates ever show up on DAB or are they still working off FM only?
06-07-2019, 14:01   #93
Franko87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
May be an odd question, but do pirates ever show up on DAB or are they still working off FM only?
Good question .😎 mabe if might be the case down the line that in order for pirates to have a trouble free platform to migrate onto it will eliminate fm for them .
Thanks from:
06-07-2019, 15:23   #94
Declan A Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
See two earlier posts - these are Dublin pirates on FM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwilson View Post
Easyradio now added to the list in cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxtra View Post
I understand that Phever has been added to the FreeDAB multiplex. Impressive lineup so far.
06-07-2019, 18:25   #95
mackersdublin

Trax Dublin is on it too

https://twitter.com/traxdublin/statu...26466156113920
Advertisement
06-07-2019, 23:28   #96
Stargas

Our radio industry is in a real mess thanks to BAI. All the DAB trials, including the one still running in Cork and still no future for digital radio. look at the uk. About to launch small scale DAB. hundreds of stations. This is great for listeners. Something for everyone without having to go on TuneIn. Who are these stupid people running our radio into the ground. Hanging on to their FM frequency thinking that is going to save them. If they don't get in DAB when 5G arrives they will be washed away with the competition.
(4) thanks from:
18-07-2019, 16:08   #97
paulhardman

What is FreeDAB's coverage area? I was able to pick it up on the north side of the tunnel the other day, but it would cut in and out every few seconds (even when the car was stopped at the roundabout, which was strange). Never spotted it anywhere else.
18-07-2019, 16:14   #98
JDxtra

Maybe they should offer them buy one, get one free? Put your FM station on DAB, and you are permitted one additional digital station (with no strict output rules) on the platform.

Last edited by hullaballoo; 18-07-2019 at 17:23. Reason: Re-reg reply.
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 19:43   #99
JDxtra

Just realised, the Eirdab trial in Cork finishes this month. Will they be permitted an extension, or is that just it?
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 21:13   #100
Franko87

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhardman View Post
What is FreeDAB's coverage area? I was able to pick it up on the north side of the tunnel the other day, but it would cut in and out every few seconds (even when the car was stopped at the roundabout, which was strange). Never spotted it anywhere else.
Hi Paul can you give me the exact day it was happening .as we had issues with our broadband provider last week this would cause the cutting in and out effect when stationary.

Regards F
20-07-2019, 01:54   #101
Nokia6230i

Thinking of buying a pocket digital radio if such a thing exists; new soccer season's coming up & Today FM no no longer have rights to broadcast Premier League Live from 2 to 6 on a Saturday afternoon so.........

.....is BBC Radio 5 Live available on DAB here in Ireland?

Anyone know, given their soccer commentaries (and boxing, MMA/UFC, rugby union & league etc.) are geoblocked on my laptop will they also be geo blocked on a DAB Radio?

No point me investing in a DAB Radio if BBC Radio 5 Live can't be got here and if games're unavailable in your region; same for Talk Sport.
20-07-2019, 02:23   #102
end of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6230i View Post
Thinking of buying a pocket digital radio if such a thing exists; new soccer season's coming up & Today FM no no longer have rights to broadcast Premier League Live from 2 to 6 on a Saturday afternoon so.........

Anyone know, given their soccer commentaries (and boxing, MMA/UFC, rugby union & league etc.) are geoblocked on my laptop will they also be geo blocked on a DAB Radio?

No point me investing in a DAB Radio if BBC Radio 5 Live can't be got here and if games're unavailable in your region; same for Talk Sport.

bbc 5 live isn't available on dab in the ROI.
(2) thanks from:
21-07-2019, 11:55   #103
Dan Jaman

Quote:

Depends on how portable you need it to be.
If portability is not needed, high quality BBC R5L is trivially available via Freesat in RoI.
If you're anywhere near the East Coast, the quality of R5L and Talksport is variable but listenable in the evenings on Medium Wave.
21-07-2019, 18:23   #104
turbocab

Quote:
Originally Posted by end of the road View Post
bbc 5 live isn't available on dab in the ROI.
its available on 693khz,909khz,and 990khz am,best on east coast or near northern ireland
21-07-2019, 18:36   #105
corcaigh07

Quote:

Tunein on your phone?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion