Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Clark Griswold....

Am ecstatic!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

DvB wrote: »
    Clark Griswold....

Am ecstatic!

As above, Clark Griswold:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Clark Griswold....

Am ecstatic!

Ditto. So hard to choose between Lampoons and Home Alone. Also cider and mulled wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Ditto. So hard to choose between Lampoons and Home Alone. Also cider and mulled wine.

Make that Clark times 4. You can never have too much Clark :D

Not a huge fan of mulled wine or cider TBH, but cider over ice on a warm day can be a refreshing beverage!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

but cider over ice on a warm day can be a refreshing beverage!

Agreed :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Agreed :D

LOL... still prefer a nice pale ale or IPA myself.

Speaking of christmas & drinks (loose connection, I know) but my Mrs showed me the new chocolate Baileys coming out... as a fan of Baileys & partial to a small bit of chococlate reckon we'll be needing to taste that between now & christmas.
    Hope its nicer than the Strawberries & Cream Baileys which is awful though...

Speaking of christmas & drinks (loose connection, I know) but my Mrs showed me the new chocolate Baileys coming out... as a fan of Baileys & partial to a small bit of chococlate reckon we'll be needing to taste that between now & christmas.
    Hope its nicer than the Strawberries & Cream Baileys which is awful though...

Looks like the Christmas pants will be out early this year :D

Had quite a few ciders last night to solidify my choice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

I haven't watched any Hallmark Christmas movies before but there are a good few familiar faces in that list, and then I see Tamara from Sister Sister! A proper blast from the past :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is sooo funny... and shamelessly stolen from another thread.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/guidelines-for-female-protagonists-in-hallmark-christmas-movies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love it. :D

Funny because it's true!

This line made me LOL

'Our target 30-to-55-year-old female audience will slide right off their couches.' :eek:

^^Yeah I thought that was a bit strong.

^^Yeah I thought that was a bit strong.

Certainly left you in no doubt what they meant!!!

Well, I may or may not be in that age group but I know I wouldn't swoon (that's what they meant, right?).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well, I may or may not be in that age group but I know I wouldn't swoon (that's what they meant, right?).

2c1xb8.jpg

Sooo... yes? :D

We had Jumanji (the original) on in the background as it was on tv, the ending is so Christmasy. We also had Frozen on and it was the first film our little 18 month old elf seemed half interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

otnomart wrote: »
    Another Christmas movie in the making:

"As filming gets underway this week (...) romantic comedy Happiest Season has rounded out its cast for the Kristen Stewart - Mackenzie Davis film.
    The pic hits theaters on Nov. 20"

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/01/happiest-season-mary-steenburgen-victor-garber-aubrey-plaza-alison-brie-dan-levy-more-round-out-tristar-comedy-1202837759/

A few stills from the upcoming movie Happiest Season.
    Release dates are 25 Nov in US, 27 Nov in UK

happiest-season-family-cast-765x317.jpg

happiest-season-mackenzie-davis-kristen-stewart-1-765x946.jpg

Perfect Strangers, Scotland’s first independent feature-length Christmas movie, is being filmed - "aiming to have the film released for December.”

source: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1963763/filming-underway-in-lochaber-for-scotlands-first-independent-feature-length-christmas-movie/

An update on Perfect Strangers

"The film was shot at the start of the year, and post production on the movie took place during lockdown. Now, sales company Mrs Smith has bought up the worldwide rights to the movie, which means it’s now on the path to getting distributed too."
    Source: https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/rights-snapped-up-to-new-scottish-christmas-romcom/

perfect-strangers-850x589.jpg

And......

Mel Gibson has been set to play Santa Claus in Fatman, a dark action comedy that is looking to be a present for buyers at the upcoming Cannes film market. Filming is scheduled to begin early next year in Canada.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mel-gibson-santa-claus-casting-fatman-movie-1202609900/

An Update on Fatman with Mel Gibson

"Saban Films announced that they have acquired U.S. rights to Fatman (...). Additionally, they released a first-look image of Gibson as Santa Claus."
    https://movieweb.com/fatman-movie-mel-gibson-santa-claus/

Fatman-Movie-Mel-Gibson-Santa-Claus.jpg

OK so the mainstream movies which should be out (fingers crossed) this Christmas are five.
    Big increase from last year - when there were only two: Last Christmas on cinema release and then Klaus on Netflix (which I am still yet to see and have heard great things about)
    1. Happiest Season - with Kristen Stewart
    2. Perfect Strangers - indie movie from Scotland
    3. Fatman - with Mel Gibson
    4. A Boy Called Christmas - with Maggie Smith, Jim Broadbent and Sally Hawkins
    5. Silent Night - with Keira Knightley

OK so the mainstream movies which should be out (fingers crossed) this Christmas are five.
    Big increase from last year - when there were only two: Last Christmas on cinema release and then Klaus on Netflix (which I am still yet to see and have heard great things about)
    1. Happiest Season - with Kristen Stewart
    2. Perfect Strangers - indie movie from Scotland
    3. Fatman - with Mel Gibson
    4. A Boy Called Christmas - with Maggie Smith, Jim Broadbent and Sally Hawkins
    5. Silent Night - with Keira Knightley

My kids loved that trilogy of books 'The boy called Christmas' was part of, fingers crossed the film as as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

An Update on Fatman with Mel Gibson

"Saban Films announced that they have acquired U.S. rights to Fatman (...). Additionally, they released a first-look image of Gibson as Santa Claus."
    https://movieweb.com/fatman-movie-mel-gibson-santa-claus/

Fatman-Movie-Mel-Gibson-Santa-Claus.jpg

This certainly looks like an alternative Christmas Film:pac: Hitmen, Disgruntled Kids and the great man himself, San... sorry Mel Gibson:D:D Looking forward to it already. Billy Bob might have a fight on his hands this year trying to keep the crown for crazy:eek:

Last year also had Noelle on Disney plus. It Was extremely disappointing.

John Cleese, Elizabeth Hurley and Kelsey Grammer have been cast in Father Christmas Is Back, a family comedy film now shooting in York
    Source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/father-christmas-is-back-movie-elizabeth-hurley-john-cleese-kelsey-grammer-cast-1234576532/

• Advertisement

Looks great. Still prefer the M&S Mrs Claus.

Advertisement