Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This seller must of heard about the problem :)

Estimated between Wed. 17 Jul. and Fri. 6 Sep.

Another interesting one which is just more proof of the deliberate delay on the part of An Post on the stuff from China.

Ordered something cheap (couple of dollars) on Aliexpress.

To my shock I got it in about 10 days.

Then out of interest I checked the tracking on it. It was sent not from China but from Laos.

Anything from China (which has similar processing and departure tracking times in terms of origin country departure) would be lucky to get here in a month and often much longer.

As volume from Laos hitting An Post is likely small it's not on the blacklist (unlike China, Hong Kong etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Things going noticeably better lately, I have to admit. These all were delivered today:

484090.png

Still waiting for a few more though. ;)

yes historically March to July is the "ok" time. order now for Christmas gifts as you may not get them in time otherwise!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

glasso wrote: »
    Another interesting one which is just more proof of the deliberate delay on the part of An Post on the stuff from China.

Ordered something cheap (couple of dollars) on Aliexpress.

To my shock I got it in about 10 days.

Then out of interest I checked the tracking on it. It was sent not from China but from Laos.

Anything from China (which has similar processing and departure tracking times in terms of origin country departure) would be lucky to get here in a month and often much longer.

As volume from Laos hitting An Post is likely small it's not on the blacklist (unlike China, Hong Kong etc).

Maybe you’re not aware, but there is an email in this thread where An Post tell a boards member that they can take up to 4 weeks to deliver parcels from outside the EU after arrival.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Maybe you’re not aware, but there is an email in this thread where An Post tell a boards member that they can take up to 4 weeks to deliver parcels from outside the EU after arrival.

yep. that email was sent to me!

hence - more proof!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

glasso wrote: »
    yep. that email was sent to me!

hence - more proof!

Proof of what? They have told you what they are doing, its not like they’re hiding anything?:confused:

whiterebel wrote: »
    Proof of what? They have told you what they are doing, its not like they’re hiding anything?:confused:

It's still annoying! And I don't think that that guy was supposed to be so forthcoming with the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Ordered "airpods" on aliexpress on the 17/06. All the reviews were great and all mentioned fast shipping (1-2 weeks)

25/06 - accepted by last mile carrier
    30/06 - arrived in destination country

Still no sign of it arriving, no sign on the an post tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

michellie wrote: »
    Ordered "airpods" on aliexpress on the 17/06. All the reviews were great and all mentioned fast shipping (1-2 weeks)

25/06 - accepted by last mile carrier
    30/06 - arrived in destination country

Still no sign of it arriving, no sign on the an post tracker.

Is this with Singapore post?

Normally it says arrived at destination country.

Then up to two weeks or so later it will say it again. Then it will show in an post the next day.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is this with Singapore post?

Normally it says arrived at destination country.

Then up to two weeks or so later it will say it again. Then it will show in an post the next day.

Yep Singapore, hopefully will be soon. I was hoping to have it for next week

I just checked the tracking number on An post and theres an update, it's out for delivery! Should have it at 8am( work post gets delivered nice and early :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ordered a phone case on EBay yesterday from a Chinese seller and got the dispatch email this morning saying delivery would be between 15 July and 6 September :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Received Ebay phone case today ( Value €3.33) , ordered 16 June = 16 days = probably shortest ever delivery time.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Hi, just noticed using track and trace that my phone is in customs after arriving in the country from China. Does this mean it's a certainty that I'll have to pay duty on it and a further wait while this is all processed? If so, how long does it usually take approximately. There was me thinking I'll have it by tomorrow. It's a LG V20 refurb, paid €95 for it. Never had to deal with anything like this before so I haven't a clue what to expect.

edit: Also just wondering if there is some reason track and trace is reporting that the package originated from Sweden when it dispatched from China.

Edit: Well I was always going to get an answer to this by way of time passing. A bill for 31 euro inc 10 handling charge and almost an extra full week wait. 10 euros seems a bit excessive to me when the VAT was only 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

AllForIt wrote: »
    A bill for 31 euro inc 10 handling charge and almost an extra full week wait. 10 euros seems a bit excessive to me when the VAT was only 20 euro.

For An Post it basically takes the same amount of time and effort to process the item whether the VAT and/or Duty is €20 or €200

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

SPDUB wrote: »
    For An Post it basically takes the same amount of time and effort to process the item whether the VAT and/or Duty is €20 or €200

Yeah your right. I'm just feeling sore. I could have bought the fone on ebay uk and got it less that I will pay now but it just didn't occur to me for a second I'd have to pay duty which is totally my error. I buy lots of tech stuff from china but usually for a value less than €20 which of course wouldn't be subject to duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

@AllForIt Allot of stuff on ebay, gets shipped from china as well, plus It fairly well know not to trust ebay sellers for expensive devices.

There is better options for phones, with some having EU warehouse or ship the product through the same, so you don't get caught for vat. Check the android devices forum for threads and recommended sellers.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Received from amazon uk china based seller "2 x resistive stylus pen" today (Value €2) , ordered 3 July, dispatched 4th July, arrived 17th July, = 13 days, estimated delivery was the 29th July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

dohouch wrote: »
    Received Ebay phone case today ( Value €3.33) , ordered 16 June = 16 days = probably shortest ever delivery time.

How does customs work when ordering from China via ebay for delivery with Parcel Motel? Looking at buying an item which costs €30, in case the cost comes into play.

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    How does customs work when ordering from China via ebay? Looking at buying an item which costs €30, in case the cost comes into play. Would be using Parcel Motel for delivery in Ireland.

Why if ordering from China, are you paying for PM. Also not sure but PM might not accept the item, if customs need paying.

Can I purchase goods from outside the EU using my Parcel Motel Address?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bought a small item in China - it cost $2.34 ( Aliexpress) It departed country of origin on 23rd June . That's the last update available . Its travelling with Yanwen Economic Air Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Bought a small item in China - it cost $2.34 ( Aliexpress) It departed country of origin on 23rd June . That's the last update available . Its travelling with Yanwen Economic Air Mail

My last few shipments with Yanwen from China have all been via Istanbul and given new tracking numbers there. They've all arrived after about a month, so i'd not be worrying too much yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I know people who have received small packages from China within days.

I posted a small box from Hangzhou in the last day of May in 2013. Still no sign of it. :p

Depends on who your order shipped with!?

Still waiting on a July 09 Order (Yanwen Economic Air Mail).
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/S00000025585271

But have received two orders within 15 & 16 days.

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF720569753SG << Singapore Post
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RB782484823SG << AliExpress Standard Shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

corkie wrote: »

Yeah, as per my post above. It's been routed via Istanbul and given new tracking number there. Seems to be the standard way with Yanwen shipments lately, takes around a month. They were shipping them via the Philippines for a while before that, which in my experience were taking even longer.

I paid for my item on 2nd June . That's 2 months and 9 days and still no sign of my package .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

Waiting on a few bits atm. I’d say iv ordered about 30+ times this year already through aliexpress,dhgate only one order never showed (disputed tracking wasn’t working) and got my money back no prob.

I paid for my item on 2nd June . That's 2 months and 9 days and still no sign of my package .

My item timed out today. I've had to open a dispute . Bought on 2nd June - It was supposed to have departed Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June .

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »

Alt: - http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UH598317139TR

That parcel arrived today for me. 6 weeks from date of order.
    My item timed out today. I've had to open a dispute . Bought on 2nd June - It was supposed to have departed Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June .

Did that ever arrive, or did you get your money back anyway as not delivered in Purchase Protection window?

Advertisement