Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

tusk wrote: »
    Devotion and 301 were my favs. Devotion with the turbo and now an extended mag. I'll be in heaven.

extended doesnt go on devotion, only the rifle type gun??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

extended doesnt go on devotion, only the rifle type gun??

Really? I thought I read it went on it. Lame

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

tusk wrote: »
    Really? I thought I read it went on it. Lame

You're right. The extended mag goes on all base energy guns (Havoc, Devotion, Triple Take) but all their default ammo capacity has been reduced.

They've also nerfed the disruptor rounds slightly in the latest update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really wish this game had some sort of basic practice range, to test out guns and in particular long range shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I really wish this game had some sort of basic practice range, to test out guns and in particular long range shooting.

Wasn't there one in the tutorial?

• Advertisement

Yeah can play the tutorial for practice, but you don't get to choose sights or attachments.

Yeah, it used to be very barebones but someone actually told me earlier that the range now has every weapon plus some attachments. Must have a look later.

Surely they will have to nerf the Alternator with disruptor rounds. It's beyond outrageous, I've had a few moments where I've wiped entire squads with it. It's now the absolute must have in the game for me. Got 9 kills in each of my last 3 games with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Have to say that I'm really enjoying the new season. Got tired half way through the last one. Kept getting melted and having team mates doing their own thing.

Playing ranked only and really going well. Have a few wins under my belt and I'm getting more skills per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CptMackey wrote: »
    Have to say that I'm really enjoying the new season. Got tired half way through the last one. Kept getting melted and having team mates doing their own thing.

Playing ranked only and really going well. Have a few wins under my belt and I'm getting more skills per game.

Im enjoying the daily challenges, it's a nice way for me to say "right, I'll get those and then I'll stop for the day". I'm still getting used to all the new weapon mods.

• Advertisement

Jesus ranked matches is full of absolute ****

Jesus ranked matches is full of absolute ****

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody suffer consistent disconnects when joining games? keeps happening to me and the two lads i play with, its actually crazy how much it happens, yet cant possibly be happening to everybody as there would be complete uproar.

Happen to anybody else? any known fix?

Googling it has proved unfruitful results..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

nix wrote: »
    Anybody suffer consistent disconnects when joining games? keeps happening to me and the two lads i play with, its actually crazy how much it happens, yet cant possibly be happening to everybody as there would be complete uproar.

Happen to anybody else? any known fix?

Googling it has proved unfruitful results..

My friend has a similar problem, we would go into matchmaking as a team and usually he doesn't join my game and we end up with 2 players while he's still on the main menu with "Party Members not ready" showing..

If he clicks the ready button again he sometimes joins late, usually when the jump countdown begins. But majority of the time he never gets in and I have to quit and re queue..

It's very frustrating and we can seems to figure out what's causing it.. He's the only person I play with that has this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I don't play Apex anymore but for the 2 posters above me, When Apex first came out I was playing over WiFi as I was waiting in replacement power line adapters from amazon and any time my ping would spike I would disconnect. Most of the time in games a spike like that would just result in some lag and rubber-banding but for some reason with Apex I was just kicked to the lobby each time.

Second I went back to wired I had no issues what so ever.

Yeah ive always been wired so defo aint that :)

Its still happening, im waiting on a new SSD so will do a fresh install on that when its set up, if that doesnt fix it im fooked!

From what i can gather through google, Code:leaf the error is the server filling up too quick and instead of it pushing you to a new server, it just kicks you back to lobby with the error message.

So its an EA issue but it doesnt appear to be happening to many others, atleast when im watching anybody on twitch, they never get the error, and i get it ALOT..

Blows my mind..

I get disconnects very regularly. Not in-game, but when trying to start a new game, kicks me back to the splash screen with that message. Same for a friend of mine as well.

I get disconnects very regularly. Not in-game, but when trying to start a new game, kicks me back to the splash screen with that message. Same for a friend of mine as well.

Yeah i never really crash out in game, not in a long while anyway, its always when joining it happens, going from lobby to character select, and it happens ALOT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Why in the name of jesus is the bug still present on PS4, where you cant ready up for the next game once the previous one has ended? you end up going to the ps4 settings and quickly disconnecting / reconnecting from the internet in order to get it to work, as its quicker than restarting the game itself. This has been there since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

This game is genuinely amazing, have to remind myself that it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yep! I was out of the game for a while but came back. The new map changes are great, Ranked is fantastic, breezed through Bronze, Silver and Gold with many wins. Sort of levelled out at some high skilled games, love it.

Yep! I was out of the game for a while but came back. The new map changes are great, Ranked is fantastic, breezed through Bronze, Silver and Gold with many wins. Sort of levelled out at some high skilled games, love it.

You queuing for ranked solo?

I was playing with mates but they got bored and stopped playing, so i was just playing normals, but decided to que ranked solo yesterday, had 3 crap games and one great game.

Just wondering if solo, do you have alot of games with crappy team mates that run off and die solo and the likes?

I only ever play with random people, 95% of them are fine really, it's just the odd outlier who lands miles away/runs off and engages enemy/engages enemy from a mile away giving away position/runs into a fight, dies, disconnects/etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I tend to play in squad only mostly. When I do solo, yeah about 9/10 games are just fine, just the odd one someone is completely off the boiler

Limited time solo mode coming soon apparently, I hope they don't make it a permanent thing TBH, the teammates are one of the main draws o the game for me, even though I'm usually solo, you can get lucky with good groups pretty often, and the ping system is robust enough that you can manage without everyone mic'd up also.

Limited time solo mode coming soon apparently, I hope they don't make it a permanent thing TBH, the teammates are one of the main draws o the game for me, even though I'm usually solo, you can get lucky with good groups pretty often, and the ping system is robust enough that you can manage without everyone mic'd up also.

Yeah as its going to be a limited time event, my guess is to test the waters and show everybody thats asking for it just how crappy it is compared to the trio's. I was hoping they would release duo's though, id like to give that a whirl over solo's tbh :(

Been dipping in and of this in a more regular basis lately (I didn't play any of the first season where they introduced Octane). have to say I'm really enjoying it and definitely getting better at getting kills. The only fault I'd have at them moment is its quite hard to know which gun is better than another without going to external websites.

For example, I've got the devotion before and found it hopeless, but last night managed to get 4 rapid kills with it, similarly, the alternator now seems like a very good weapon.

I know increased time played will bring improvements, but it would be nice to have some sort of interactive tutorial where you can learn how to use the likes of wraiths teleport and pathfiders grapple. In general I stick to lifeline, as shes always handy for healing and reviving, plus the care package can be handy if the loot has been poor.

Devotion is a beast but only either a) at close range or b) at medium/longer ranges when fully tooled-up. All weapons have their place really, usually I like to have an R99/R301 and a Longbow, but failing the Longbow I'll try for a Devotion or Havoc. Alternator is not bad, especially if your aim isn't great, it's slow firing so easier to land shots and with the disruptor rounds it is very good.

haven't played since one or two games into season 2. How are people finding it? Still engaging?

• Advertisement

I love it, the gun play in it is far better than any of the other ****e out there, in battle royals anyway.

With regards to the devotion, it is lethal when its got good attachments on it, but i hate using it at close range, same with the spitfire. I find its only good at mid range which is why i favour other guns over it.

I used to love the peace keeper but im finding it very inconsistent as of late (think they nerfed it), I tend to favour the R301/R99 and sometimes the flatline if im stuck and usually pair those with Longbow/Tripple take/Wingman and sometimes the scout if i dont find them..

The havoc is also incredibly good, especially with the hop, but i tend to leave it as you can burn through the ammo fairly quick and i find energy ammo is hard to come by as most people use the light/heavy ammo guns..

The alternator with the hop is also OP at the moment, it deletes shields with ease, even at long range, spam and hit someone 2-3 times at any range and their shield is broken, i can see this getting a nerf, but maybe not until next season.

Oh and the yellow drop RE-45 is incredible :D

Advertisement