Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

MiCr0 wrote: »
    any one still playing on ps4?

Yep and I'm still absolutely terrible. Fluking my way through some games, getting killed in the first two minutes in most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Jumped back on last night to play a few games. Really don't like the new music they put in. Especially the Jump music. The old one was really good pump up/hype music. This new one feels too chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Has anyone playing on console tried remapping the 'pickup' button, so you don't need to take your thumb off the stick? If so did it make much of a difference? It's been the most annoying thing for me about console

tusk wrote: »
    Has anyone playing on console tried remapping the 'pickup' button, so you don't need to take your thumb off the stick? If so did it make much of a difference? It's been the most annoying thing for me about console

I forgot about the remapping. Need to put the melee button somewhere I won't accidentally got it in the middle of a gun battle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I'm ieMiCr0 on PSN if you're looking for a (poor) teammate

• Advertisement

Had weird experience today where I shot down a deathbox from one of the newly introduced flyers and it turned out to be belong to my roommate who I knew was at work. Apparently this is a new feature where the flyers carry deathboxes from your friend list. Also annoying that an enemy squad was drawn by me gunfire and promptly wiped us out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

When does S2 begin? Hate how wins aren't counted anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Season 2 is starting the 2nd of July and the trailer for it has been leaked early here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/c60fhp/second_season_2_trailer_better_quality/

A lot of major changes to the map in Season 2, along with a new character, a new gun and a ranked mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Any other team modes or solos or are they still sticking with just teams of 3?

nix wrote: »
    Any other team modes or solos or are they still sticking with just teams of 3?

Still only teams of 3. I'm not sure if a solo mode would work with this because of all the team based mechanics but I'd love to see a few different team modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Still only teams of 3. I'm not sure if a solo mode would work with this because of all the team based mechanics but I'd love to see a few different team modes.

Yeah i agree also, i think duo's should be as low as they go, im surprised they still havent added duo's and quads at this point in time, its redic,,

I feel like you should get points for collecting a teammate's banner given that anyone can respawn once it's been collected. Collecting can be just as dangerous as respawning, moreso in most cases.

I got a message on my screen last night saying that my loss wouldn't count as my teammates had abandoned me. Nice change that, I assume because I was in the Elite 5 game rather than the regular one?

Took a break from this for a while but looking forward to Season 2 now.

fixxxer wrote: »

Snap. Picked up some coins last night for the BP

New update is out later today and will be around 20gb on consoles.

I got a message on my screen last night saying that my loss wouldn't count as my teammates had abandoned me. Nice change that, I assume because I was in the Elite 5 game rather than the regular one?

They're introducing penalties for people who quit, they won't be able to join a new game for increasing amounts of time. I think it's a good idea but I think they also need to introduce something for people who don't make an effort to get the banners, although it would be difficult to monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Season 2 trailer looks great imo.
    Big changes coming to the map.

Snap. Picked up some coins last night for the BP

You on PC or Xbox Tusk? Or PS4? :D

They put the old music back too! :D

PC, and to a very tiny degree Xbox ( As in, I've played about 3 games because my brother was whinging at me to. )

• Advertisement

Liking the map changes and new weapons/attachments. Star-L is a beast, like a fully tooled up Devotion on steroids.

Got my first win earlier with a 2-man squad....3rd squad mate obviously had 'his' character taken so they flew straight into the sea at the start, let banner time-out and quit, rather than quit straight away and be subject to penalties.

L-Star has to be nerfed. I melted a three man squad with it on my own when I got it last night. In confined spaces its so lethal.

Haven't got the LStar yet but I'm enjoying the map changes although the ranked leagues are annoying at the moment. Stuck in the lower league with all the newbs going to Skull Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Haven't got the LStar yet but I'm enjoying the map changes although the ranked leagues are annoying at the moment. Stuck in the lower league with all the newbs going to Skull Town.

its alright nothing too op, you get it from the drop pods at start of game

I tried bloodhound for the first time in ages. Mained him until season one started then I tried to unlock all the badges, so I was mixing it up.

Didn't find his buffs made much of a difference to be honest, but I haven't played him in a long time.

I've read Gibralter is immense now with the extra 5% damage reduction.

The Alternator with the disruptor hop up absolutely melts enemies. Give it a shot while you can because I'd say it'll be nerfed in the next patch.

Also, the P2020 with the hammerpoint hop up is a great gun to switch to instead of reloading your main gun because it finishes them off so quick.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    The Alternator with the disruptor hop up absolutely melts enemies. Give it a shot while you can because I'd say it'll be nerfed in the next patch.

Also, the P2020 with the hammerpoint hop up is a great gun to switch to instead of reloading your main gun because it finishes them off so quick.

I actually always liked the alternator too.

Preferred it over the r99 - i know blasphemous.

I do too, my problem with the R99 is that I've pretty bad aim which pretty much negates the advantage unless I'm one foot away.

Alternator + threat detector is really good as Bangalore when you can lay down smoke.

I actually always liked the alternator too.

Preferred it over the r99 - i know blasphemous.

Alternator & R301 were my favourite load out before I developed my wierd energy weapon fixation.

• Advertisement

Alternator & R301 were my favourite load out before I developed my wierd energy weapon fixation.

Devotion and 301 were my favs. Devotion with the turbo and now an extended mag. I'll be in heaven.

Advertisement