Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Caustic buffs <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Patch is definitely enough to make it feel a bit more fresh. Looking forward to getting my first Gib win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sweet baby Gibbles might be viable now, hurray !

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Caustic is really good now. His gas is actually scary now instead of being a mild inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Caustic gas is the one thing I'm noticing being majorly different. He's a terror indoors.

• Advertisement

Match making is fixed too. I'm back where I belong, in with all the noobs.

Gibraltar feels more useful too. Either of those two in the endgame are a proper challenge.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Sweet baby Gibbles might be viable now, hurray !

Is it me or is he harder to knock down? As in he takes more hits? It would make sense that the bigger characters are slower but stronger, smaller characters faster but weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it me or is he harder to knock down? As in he takes more hits? It would make sense that the bigger characters are slower but stronger, smaller characters faster but weaker.

Well himself and Caustic now have 10% damage reduction since the recent patch, Gibralter's shield also got more health.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

nix wrote: »
    Well himself and Caustic now have 10% damage reduction since the recent patch, Gibralter's shield also got more health.

THEY dont though the bug actually takes away health and shield at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

THEY dont though the bug actually takes away health and shield at the same time

What bug? Whatcha talkin bout? :):pac:

Just won a game there. Got the finishing kill, had no kills before that, and squad also had zero kills and almost no damage. Sometimes sneaking around does pay off!

Had A fairly ****e run of games there, then suddey won two on the bounce.

The last one was a Really satisfying Caustic win. Caught two enemy teams in the caves with the death field behind them. Channeled them through the gas traps, then noxed them, then spitfired the survivors to death. From zero to five kills in about 15 seconds

Caustic gas is utterly lethal now since the patch. Amazing for area denial. See it regularly now, multiple teams drop in a hot zone, caustic slows them by 30 seconds.....by which time his squad is fully tooled up and facing an enemy squad with the barebones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

It is difficult to get used to Caustics, my friend loves to play on it and does it not badly, but for me gas is a real problem, I like to play at middle and near distances, but because of gas I don’t see anything, it’s a problem for those group.

Liam128 wrote: »
    It is difficult to get used to Caustics, my friend loves to play on it and does it not badly, but for me gas is a real problem, I like to play at middle and near distances, but because of gas I don’t see anything, it’s a problem for those group.

Pair up with a Bloodhound and get them to point near the gas cloud, it find a Digital Threat gun attachment. Or spray and see what hits :)

Noticing a high percentage of players leaving after they're down and not bothering hanging around for a respawn. Myself included I have to admit, it's just not worth it starting from scratch with no gear. Sometimes you might be near your death box or others, but most of the time it's just certain death again.

I wonder is there anything they can do to address it? Early days there was great comradary making it well worth sticking around for your team mates to pick up your tags and respawn you. It was very much integral to the game, it's a pity to see the feature being abandoned by players.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Liam128 wrote: »

I wounder would he be over powered if his gas didnt affect his team mates. I find him good for barricading in bunker or if you end up on your own but as a team youre almost hindering your teammates.

Noticing a high percentage of players leaving after they're down and not bothering hanging around for a respawn. Myself included I have to admit, it's just not worth it starting from scratch with no gear. Sometimes you might be near your death box or others, but most of the time it's just certain death again.

I wonder is there anything they can do to address it? Early days there was great comradary making it well worth sticking around for your team mates to pick up your tags and respawn you. It was very much integral to the game, it's a pity to see the feature being abandoned by players.

I always wait for respawn, as as long as you're in the game there's always a chance. There's always plenty of lower level weapons, armor etc pretty much everywhere that fully geared players don't want. And it's only fair to your teammates if they make the effort to respawn you.

For me Apex isn't always about winning, given the unlikely odds, but about having a good time and playing well.

Hate when people land on the furthest end of the map possible and fart around looting for 15 minutes, it's so boring. Prefer to jump right into the action and get stuck in.

They need to introduce some system of leaving penalties though, because tons of people also just immediately quit if they don't get their favorite character at the start.

I find myself doing this too. Play with friends. Join a gaming group.

• Advertisement

It sure seems to be becoming more common. Playing today before heading in to work and all games I was left on my own while the other two ran off in opposite directions, got downed and then left before I could get to either of them. Like, why play this game if you're just going to ignore one of its central mechanics and **** off as soon as you've got yourself killed trying to 1v3.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

fixxxer wrote: »
    It sure seems to be becoming more common. Playing today before heading in to work and all games I was left on my own while the other two ran off in opposite directions, got downed and then left before I could get to either of them. Like, why play this game if you're just going to ignore one of its central mechanics and **** off as soon as you've got yourself killed trying to 1v3.

Game is starting to lose it's appeal very quickly, for all the above reasons. As mentioned playing with mates or a joining a gaming group is the only way.

I've done a 180 and gone back to single player games of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I genuinely think no battle Royale game should be released with less then 3 maps at launch. The same map just gets boring

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I think a solo mode would be a big improvement. I either play with one friend and a random or just jump in with 2 randoms. Having a solo option would definitely get me to play more

The ones who charge off 100m ahead and engage in 1v3 are the worst. Impossible to retrieve them (if they don't immediately disconnect after being killed).

Guy above is right though. It does seem to be way more common now to just instantly disconnect once you're killed. I've had people do it even when we've won the fight and all we have to do is find a beacon...nope, gone.

I hope they bring in penalties of some kind for leavers. It's really affecting the game recently.

How high does your ping need to be to put you at a disadvantage? Getting 80ms on the New York server, no noticeable lag and actually won my first game for a few days :-) Finding it better on there, none of this quitting when you're down lark or running off solo. People seem to use the mic more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the advantage of playing with americans is they tend to talk a lot, the disadvantage of playing with americans is they tend to talk a lot

Lag can work both ways too it can help or hinder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

any one still playing on ps4?

Yup. Dunno why though. Feels more like a RNG these days than a game of skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Yeah I'm still playing on PS4.

The new character looks good and the new weapon looks a beast!

Advertisement