Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Might be a better deal in the long run for Smack. But I like the idea of tinkering via trade more this year. Hopefully the league can get more active this way.

Did we agree the number of keepers for the 2020 season? It will have an effect on decisions for this 2019 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

boccy23 wrote: »
    Did we agree the number of keepers for the 2020 season? It will have an effect on decisions for this 2019 season.

Yep very true, did we get everybody voting in the poll?

Players I have available for trade (already had rejected offers for both). I like both players but have had both since their MLB debut and want to freshen up my team a bit:

Bryce Harper
    Carlos Correa

Anyone know at what point will we be able to move players to the IL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

boccy23 wrote: »
    Anyone know at what point will we be able to move players to the IL?
    I think when the teams actually make the roster moves. Yahoo are normally pretty quick to update once the teams announce the moves. They should be announced here throughout the day
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/index.jsp#month=3&year=2019

Coeus wrote: »
    I think when the teams actually make the roster moves. Yahoo are normally pretty quick to update once the teams announce the moves. They should be announced here throughout the day
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/index.jsp#month=3&year=2019

Cheers Coeus

• Advertisement

I don't think this is the first time this has happened but I accidentally accepted a trade on mobile when I meant to reject. I even wrote a message why I wasn't interested and said I'd look to make a counter offer.

Mea culpa, but if you could find it in your heart to vote against the trade I would greatly appreciate it.

I really wish there was a grace period of a few mins to cancel it! Or at least a pop up "are you sure you want to accept" secondary question

Trade was my Harper and Quintana for his Puig and someone else.

I have zero desire to own Puig again, I don't rate him at all and said as much in my message back. Still open to trading Harper but this trade isn't close to being worth it for me, I just had a slip of the finger when doing it - I think I'm programmed to hitting 'confirm' when I type in any comment box whereas this wasn't to confirm sending the message it was confirming the trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't think this is the first time this has happened but I accidentally accepted a trade on mobile when I meant to reject. I even wrote a message why I wasn't interested and said I'd look to make a counter offer.

Mea culpa, but if you could find it in your heart to vote against the trade I would greatly appreciate it.

I really wish there was a grace period of a few mins to cancel it! Or at least a pop up "are you sure you want to accept" secondary question

Trade was my Harper and Quintana for his Puig and someone else.

I have zero desire to own Puig again, I don't rate him at all and said as much in my message back. Still open to trading Harper but this trade isn't close to being worth it for me, I just had a slip of the finger when doing it - I think I'm programmed to hitting 'confirm' when I type in any comment box whereas this wasn't to confirm sending the message it was confirming the trade!

No hassle at all, I voted against it and it must have reached the limit because I can see a mail saying its vetoed..

Talk about a heartbreaker, having to vote against a trade that will net you Bryce.

All good. Glad it got sorted quick.

Season has started so well.

Aaron Hicks not making it back in time for opening day.
    Scooter Gennett pulling his groin.
    Daniel Murphy with a broken finger.

And now Trea Turner goes and breaks his finger on a bunt. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

It's been a hard slog so far for the Dodgers this year. The burden of defending the title seems beyond the current roster !;);)

My pitching is in urgent need of some support. Keuchel and Kimbrel remain unsigned, Kluber is about to go the IL and Blake Snell has returned to pre-2018 Blake Snell performance.

I've put a few infielders and Nick Senzel up on the trading block if anyone wants to take a look. At this point everyone is up for discussion.

Congrats to El Captain.

Came down to the very last day and a few better pitching performances that won it for you.

Enjoyed the season again and have a younger team for next year which should help (if they can stay healthy!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Thank you! Gerrit Cole, DeGrom and Ryu really pulled it out during both weeks of the playoffs to sneak in there.

Congrats el capitan. Enjoyed this year again. Was flying up until the last few weeks. Its hard to try and peak for the final.

Good job everyone.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Thank you! Gerrit Cole, DeGrom and Ryu really pulled it out during both weeks of the playoffs to sneak in there.
    Yea well done on the win! Those guys have been awesome all season and I couldn't find a way to overcome them in the semi.

Was happy enough with my season and will have some tough decisions on who to keep next season.

Is this starting back any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

If and when it is I am in!

As usual, I am happy with the scoring settings.

But I want to propose 2 rule changes.

1. Keepers are set at 4 max, rather than 6. The draft is my favourite part. 4 keepers gives bad teams a better re-building chance. (I've asked for this before). I dont mind doing this NEXT year to give people time to plan accordingly. its a big change.

2. 6 teams go to play offs. 2 best get a bye to semi final and 3-6 play a play-in. Our ice hockey league does this and has kept the league hugely competitive and engaged.

These are just proposals btw.

1. Keepers are set at 4 max, rather than 6. The draft is my favourite part. 4 keepers gives bad teams a better re-building chance. (I've asked for this before). I dont mind doing this NEXT year to give people time to plan accordingly. its a big change.

2. 6 teams go to play offs. 2 best get a bye to semi final and 3-6 play a play-in. Our ice hockey league does this and has kept the league hugely competitive and engaged.

I would be in favour of both of these.

I'm in again this year. Both of those proposals sound good to me.

Yeah let's reduce keepers. There's no trading happening in the league so it'd be good to shake up the rosters a bit. I think last year I even suggested a full reset this year and draft from scratch being 10 years into the league but that's probably a bit extreme!

Like the playoff idea too

I'll renew the league right now. I checked last week and I couldn't do it but it's there now. Everyone will get the invite. Anyone who isn't rejoining please let me know.

I've no issue with those two changes - happy with that if everyone else is. I thought the league was really competitive last year all the way up to the end but I was trying to make the playoffs so perhaps I was biased!

I was thinking of ways to get a few more trades going. If I can do it would trading draft picks be of interest? I think the option exists.

Thanks for renewing it.

Do we do a poll? I am ok with a reduction. How many keepers?

We do a 1 keeper in Football which puts more emphasis on the draft, trading and free agency.

Would people consider 2 keepers?

This would make the trading of picks more valuable but I'm not sure how easy it would be to manage within the game.

Have we an idea of when we will draft?

• Advertisement

Count me in aswell. I like the idea of extended playoffs, what options are available?

As for keepers, I think we did a poll a few seasons ago and the consensus was not to change but we can poll again and see. If we do reduce I'm thinking 4 is a big enough reduction from 6 to start.

"The 2020 Major League Baseball season is scheduled to begin on March 26 and end on September 27. "

I am off to Japan on the 25th so prior to 25th of March would suit me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

If there’s any drop outs or any spare room I’d gladly join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Count me in,I like the Idea of extended play offs

The Squirrels need a new owner- Ian unfortunately can't commit this season.

If anyone else wants to join it's first up - gstack66 if you want to pm me your email I'll send you an invite?

Gstack has taken up the invite so we're all currently full!

It's the doodle-poll-for-the-draft-time-of-year again. The link is here. https://doodle.com/poll/7vatiy3nrfh832hb
    I've popped three one hour slots between Sunday 15th March and Sunday 22nd. Let me know what times suit and we'll go with the one with the most votes.

No comments on the draft pick trading so I won't tick that box. Could be a bit complicated anyway.....

Once we have a date I'll sort out the keeper arrangements.

Voted there!

https://doodle.com/poll/7vatiy3nrfh832hb

Bump for anyone that has forgotten so far!

Evenin' all,

Long post here!

Draft is set for Wednesday March 18th at 9 pm. We appear to have everyone available so that's good.

Keeper deadline is set for Sunday 15th for 7 am in the morning.

You can keep up to 4 players. You can choose zero,1,2 or 3 keepers as well if you wish and if you do you'll get the picks in the draft slots your keepers would have been in.

If you want to keep any of your two NA players let me know and I'll slot them into the last slots.

I've also re-set so there's six in the playoffs which will be the last three weeks of the season.

As usual I'll set the draft order (reverse from last year's positions) on the night before and hopefully let everyone know who's been kept.

Best of luck with the research and the mock drafts!

Evenin' all,

Long post here!

Draft is set for Wednesday March 18th at 9 pm. We appear to have everyone available so that's good.

Keeper deadline is set for Sunday 15th for 7 am in the morning.

You can keep up to 4 players. You can choose zero,1,2 or 3 keepers as well if you wish and if you do you'll get the picks in the draft slots your keepers would have been in.

If you want to keep any of your two NA players let me know and I'll slot them into the last slots.

I've also re-set so there's six in the playoffs which will be the last three weeks of the season.

As usual I'll set the draft order (reverse from last year's positions) on the night before and hopefully let everyone know who's been kept.

Best of luck with the research and the mock drafts!

Hey - lads completely forgot to set my keepers.
    Can I submit them today?
    Last few days has me all off kilter

• Advertisement

Are we not going to delay it? Start of the season may be months off.

Advertisement