Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,301 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭lau1247

Try it and see. If it doesn't work, go the way of Turgame by buying gift card.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Tried Ukraine & Bulgaria using VPN and can't get past the "Enter email" stage on "Get Started".

Error is Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

Tried a few email addresses and the same on all fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

It's a VPN issue. If a VPN is detected by Netflix you can't login.

Sign in, create account with VPN off. Turn on VPN, refresh page and choose your package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I just installed it on my firestick and linked stremio to my alldebrid account. It's a bit fiddly but I'll send you a PM with some details if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Danmj

Can you pm details please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭mel123

I wasn’t going to bother but my parents want it. Previously had the Turkish sub till got kicked off.
    so can I just confirm, I need to sign up and pay for a month on the Irish plan and use it for a month before I can try for the cheaper plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

have you tried vouchers on the old Turkish account yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I've just tried a 250TL voucher on my old account and it seems to be working. Is it risky to load it up with another 1000TL voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes and there's negligible price difference. Keep it at 250 a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭ooter

This is the advice I used for installing stremio, YouTube was also a help.

Stremio is an official app sort of like plex etc. The below is what I think the easiest way to set it up.

Do all of the following on your phone. Needs to be an android phone. You also need real debrid premium.

Download stremio from the playstore and sign up. Then go to  and add in your real debrid api key by selecting real debrid from a list. There will be a highlighted "here" that brings you to the real debrid site where the api key is. Then paste into the stremio form and select install. You may need to hit install again once it pushes you into the stremio app but I can't remember.

You can then add stremio to whatever device and login
    https://torrentio.strem.fun/configure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Free trial ended and payment taken a few days ago. Less than €5 for the year. Now that's a bargain alert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kil

I added 900TL last week - no issues, covers me until September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭mel123

They deleted my old account. No matter what I did with my old email address I couldn’t revive it. I ended up using a vpn last night with a new email address and voucher. Hopefully it lasts

edited to add I’m using a free trial vpn for 7 days if anyone can recommend and inexpensive one please would be grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

So should I be shopping around for a cheaper version of netflix??

Any chance they'll just cancel it though? Does it renew monthly or if I load it on now will my be renewed for a number of months instantly?

Post edited by Mervyn Skidmore on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kil

I don't think so, I've done it since later last year. It renews monthly and reduces your credit each month, it then estimates the end date as you may switch plans.

Ah ok thanks. I might just load a new gift card each month so in case they stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Finally Thrown off my brothers Turkish Account.

Had been topping it up via giftcard since January when it stopped accepting the payment method.

Now it has started giving the “confirm your household”

He lives in Canada, so not really feasible and is only letting me by temporarily for 14 days.

Managed to get a new account, single screen basic set up in Romania today for €5 a month which is €3.99 a month saving on here (or €3 with Sky), accepted payment via N26 Card.

Interestingly it seems to be giving me the Romanian catalog whereas on the Turkish account it gave me the Irish Catalog off VPN but on a quick glance there’s a good amount of similar content anyway.

Any better solutions? Or anywhere cheaper in EU?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I forgot to load my payment card yesterday before Netflix payment was due and received a "payment method failed" message from Netflix.

The last time that happened I was Turkish , and I had to switch on my VPN, then add a different payment card and reconfirm my being Turkish via Pingme.

As an Indian, I switched on my VPN, confirmed payment via the same card, clicked pay, entered the visa OTP and that was it, done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

EU Law, has to show you your home country if it's in the EU whereas Turkey account shows you the country you are now in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Happened today for me too. Sister was thrown off my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TabbyLongTails

my account also started the household crackdown, where’s the cheapest now that isn’t in the EU for reasons mentioned above?

saw someone here mention €5 a year but need to find that again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Same thing happened today, my folks have been thrown off my Turkish account. Nooo, worked for years. I still seem to be able to use my Turkish account at least paying with my credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have been scratching my brain to come up with a solution to get my parents back up and running with streaming now that they can't use my Netflix.

Thought id look into the whole Real-Debrid thing this evening. Got it set up as a Kodi add on with my NAS and it's amazing! Was honestly totally in the dark about that aspect of Kodi. Should do the trick for the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

My whole family kicked off my account pretty much

They've had a free ride for years so they did alright 😁

Trying to explain this to your mother though 😑

My parents found Stremio easier to navigate. I find it handier as well, if they have an issue, I can log in and see what they’re doing wrong.

Usually, they’ve selected the movie and not the tv show or vice versa…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This ^^^ 💯

If I was setting up a service for anyone else? It would be Stremio with torrentio for real-debrid and a couple of other add-ons rather than Kodi.

Its a far simpler and more intuitive setup. Yes Kodi beats it as a media centre, particularly for local files and some other stuff. But? Stremio, for both codgers and lazy young 'uns is a far, far simpler proposition and it keeps the same UI and plugins across multiple devices.

I love Kodi, but? Simple it ain't especially when you set it up with a custom skin and add-ons, and then it goes wrong. You can fix Stremio via the website, whereas Kodi will end up needing a visit 😉

Advertisement