Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Disappointed that it's just a graphical update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Kiith wrote: »
    Not surprise it'll only be graphical changes (though i guess that;s not confirmed). Will still happily play through it all again, though not sure i'd be buying it. Might just play through the versions i already own with some mods.

Wonder if they'll try to make a "canon" ending though, as i would assume the new game will be in our galaxy (rather then Andromeda).

Pretty much confirmed that it's only graphical changes.

"For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games," Hudson said.

"Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernise the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form."

From here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Varik wrote: »
    Disappointed that it's just a graphical update.

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wonder if they'll do it better then the PC mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1

I've got it on PC, not much point re buying it for something I can do with mods. Not much/close to no chance EA doing a free update for the PC version.

I might have gotten it on PS5 if it had been more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't wait to see to huge locations like The Citadel, Illium and Miranda's arse in 4K ultra HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Kiith wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll do it better then the PC mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1

I remember the graphic mods for ME1 based off the ME3 engine. It was really impressive and played the game start to finish again.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can't wait to see to huge locations like The Citadel, Illium and Miranda's arse in 4K ultra HD.

I was waiting for someone else to mention Mirandas arse :D

Liara all day long folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Blasphemy lads, Tali aw day erry day.

• Advertisement

I've tried to go back in and make different decisions on subsequent playthroughs, but 90% of what i do is blue all day long.

Paragon, and Liara :P

In Development With Veteran Team

Not sure how much that's meant to relieve fears for the next game, those people didn't go anywhere they were around making a balls of Andromeda and Anthem. While miles and miles ahead of those 2 even Inquisition had it's issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Was hoping they would touch up me1 combat and traversal with the mako it's what holds me back from replaying it,sounds pretty barebones if your playing on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll wait to see these improvements tbh. But I reckon it'll still be a day 1 purchase for me, unless it's Price of Persia standard of remaster... Still though, there'll be plenty to go through with all the DLC which I've never played. I'm also going to try a renegade playthrough, as I was paragon when I originally played them.

Also, +1 for Tali. And can't wait to have the bants with Legion again.

The Renegade path is a great laugh. One thing ME gets wrong is morality. You only get rewarded for full paragon or full Renegade so there's no incentive for generic choices, either boy scout or bastard. I'll definitely be going for the platinum in each game again but one things for sure, it will be Tali no matter what playthrough i do, never even romanced another character to see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

One of the first renegade actions is one of the best! Knocking out the scientist on Eden Prime is hilarious! I much prefer being Paragon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can you romance Tali in the first game? The true renegade playthrough would be to romance her and then dump her ass when Miranda comes along!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yes but only as male shep.

Don't even think about hurting Tali

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you romance Tali in the first game? The true renegade playthrough would be to romance her and then dump her ass when Miranda comes along!

Nope, i started with ME 2. Tali was awesome and great backstory. When ME 1 came to consoles, I was going the Ais route but her racism put me off :), decided to Elance just for the trophy. I played multiple playthroughs of the trilogy and also planned to to go with someone else but never could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Not really related but not a day goes by I don't think of this video.

This is a great watch. Weird how some of the cast never even met before. I get they didn't motion capture it but thought they would have scenes together at least for back and forth.

Worth it for their intros and scientist salarian song, so good stories from behind the scenes as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most videogame and animation voice actors do their acting in isolation. Recording with another person is very uncommon.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Most videogame and animation voice actors do their acting in isolation. Recording with another person is very uncommon.

Ah, just got to a bit in the chat where they say they usually say lines on their own and no back and forth but bioware have a system (VETA?) where if a va has a scene recorded already, the other person in the scene will hear that person back when recording their lines so it flows like an actual conversation, they said it brought the scenes to another level than simply reciting lines. Interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Including all 3 games & DLC for 1 price is unusually generous for EA! :)

Can't wait to see how the gf plays through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah, just got to a bit in the chat where they say they usually say lines on their own and no back and forth but bioware have a system (VETA?) where if a va has a scene recorded already, the other person in the scene will hear that person back when recording their lines so it flows like an actual conversation, they said it brought the scenes to another level than simply reciting lines. Interesting stuff.

I don't want to be that guy who knows nothing of the process, but I'm gonna be that guy and say, doesn't that just make sense? Hearing someone else speak the lines you're in conversation with would definitely make it more realistic. Maybe I should be giving the VA's a bit more credit when they do a good job if they mostly do it line by line with no actual conversation...

Fair enough if they're monologues but conversations should surely be recorded together. I return to my favourite series The Legacy of Kain, and this video of outakes from Soul Reaver Defiance which shows they did indeed record together, and maybe that's why I consider it some of the best voice acting in any game ever! There are other, serious recording videos, they're about 20+ minutes long each, all on TouYube:

Yeah, i figured they have a back and forth to get the best reactions and make it sound like an actual conversation but Jennifer Hale (femshep) made it sound that the standard was to go into a booth with a script of lines and a voice director either outside or on skype. They say a line, director checks how it sounds back and if it needs to be redone. One example they give is citadel dlc. She arrived to studio and was told she needed to deliver 500 lines in 4 hours that they made out was 2 lines a minute.

I can see now why a lot of games have awful voice acting that sounds and feels a bit dead and then you have Rockstar and naughty dog games where actors are all in the game room actually acting out a scene together. Big difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

It's a testament to how good these actors are that they can sound so natural when they have recorded dialogue conversations without even meeting the other person.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a testament to how good these actors are that they can sound so natural when they have recorded dialogue conversations without even meeting the other person.

Yupp. DC Douglas gave a good response to how he nails Legion, a robot trying to portray emotion. "Im good at what I do" :)

Advertisement