Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You can’t beat the feeling of a new haircut, strutting out the door like a boss :D

11w8uxd.gif

Also my favorite barber was free when I went in :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A three year old arriving proud as punch with a couple of tomatoes he harvested from the plant he grew himself. "For Granda's tea". So sweet - the child that is...... (and the tomatoes were too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Getting a taxi with my mam and she spends most of the duration apologising to him for having to drive us to our destination. “Sorry now aren’t we awful” “just another few minutes up here to the left, sorry now” “putting you out like this now I’m awful sorry”. Don’t think she gets how it works.
    I think it’s the cutest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tomorrow is Friday, thank the lord Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

The missus got me a slingshot for our four year wedding anniversary in case England made it into the final of the world cup :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was walking passed the localish running track, on it were two adult men and a young girl about 9 yr. They were running in a group at what I would consider quite a pace.

Lovely to see girls participating in sports with adults and not feeling patronised or less than for being younger(slower) or a 'girl'.

Dogs out for the day, so once I have my 3.5 min shower over, it will be blissfully quite till teatime.

My friend was finding the hot weather very hard to deal with and it was getting him down, I send him a screenshot for his area of the upcoming cooler/darker weather. He was so happy at the change that he's thinking of putting it in his family newsletter.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My dog hasn't ripped up anything in the house for over a week!!! :) Though there's not much left for him to rip! He completely ruined the curtains in the kitchen and had to take up the carpet from the stairs. In fairness I didn't really like that carpet anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have made it thru half of the day without someone giving me any bad news. A new recent record! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A half day on a Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Skyscraper at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Watched Sharp Objects.
    A bit creepy and slow moving but really enjoyed it.
    Roll on episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Ginger beer in the fridge for later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

My nails look pretty.
    A very small and trivial thing that makes me happy when I look at them :)

Someone arriving with huge ice-creams. Just what the doctor ordered.

Eric Cantona’s videos on instagram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Eric Cantona’s videos on instagram.

Just.... Eric Cantona...no othet footballer has given me so much joy in his career...and afterwards too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The apres match lads doing the punditry for the England /Belgium game :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was on the Dublin to Waterford train recently, sitting behind a Mammy and two children. They phoned their Granny and put it on loudspeaker. It was so sweet, they told her about their big day out, and she told them what she was making for their tea. One time when I didn't mind listening to someone's phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sweet peas... I planted a lot of ends of seed packets and at least one was a sweet pea.. Just one branch of pretty lilac flowers so far and the perfume... the three flowers are by my bed..essence of summer..

Emailed an old well known friend of mine to congratulate him on having the honour of launching the new polar research ship today. He was straight back with some great photos and enjoyed that I said I was calling him Boaty McBoatface from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boaty McIceface, no?

Chatting to my brother and niece on video chat :) she's gotten so big! nearly 5 months :eek: she cooing mad and being very shouty :D I was pretending to sneeze at one stage and she smiling mad :3:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Licking melted chocolate off my fingers

There's a strange, yet vaguely familiar, liquid substance falling from the sky. Can't remember what it's called but I like it.

Raining! Sweet rain.

The Longitude kids will need wellies today. A nice washing of rain here in the last hour.
    You can see the grass growing in my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Let's run around naked in the rain, it won't be weird if we all do it :D

Walking back from the shop and it was raining and it was amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We went for a walk along the Liffey and it rained ! People were just in t shirts enjoying the feeling !

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We went for a walk along the Liffey and it rained ! People were just in t shirts enjoying the feeling !

I was nearly dancing :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Raining! Sweet rain.

And on St. Swithin's Day too...

St. Swithin's day if thou dost rain
    For forty days it will remain
    St. Swithin's day if thou be fair
    For forty days 'twill rain nae mair.

For forty days 'twill rain nae mair.[/I]

Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 katiemmm

Cup of tea and hot water bottle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Logged into Facebook and saw these two posts one after the other.

Ultimate trolling :D

455817.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not making a balls of the steak :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Not making a balls of the steak :)

I just read your other post and was going to ask you how you did it 😛I don't really eat it but the others love it here..I just throw it in the frying pan and mushrooms add onions at the end and hope for the best.

TH as had a pretty good weekend...one fly in the ointment but overall things are good.

Full of popcorn and coke

*rubs belly*

Colser wrote: »
    I just read your other post and was going to ask you how you did it 😛I don't really eat it but the others love it here..I just throw it in the frying pan and mushrooms add onions at the end and hope for the best.

TH as had a pretty good weekend...one fly in the ointment but overall things are good.

I either under cook it or over cook it for fear of under cooking it. OH looks at me like I have just handed him a pile of sh1te if there is too much pink in the middle. Fairly thick pieces so gave em a couple of minutes each side on high heat on the pan, then about ten minutes each side on low heat. Result !

TH watching my niece have a ball at her party today,.happy little head on her :)

I either under cook it or over cook it for fear of under cooking it. OH looks at me like I have just handed him a pile of sh1te if there is too much pink in the middle. Fairly thick pieces so gave em a couple of minutes each side on high heat on the pan, then about ten minutes each side on low heat. Result !

TH watching my niece have a ball at her party today,.happy little head on her :)

I'm always trying to get the right amount of pink, I'm slowly perfecting it.

I'm always trying to get the right amount of pink, I'm slowly perfecting it.

Yeah , there is that fine line between just a little pink and being too bloody :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally re-remembered my password for my Nordic Noir source,
    YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, endless foreign language drama's to keep the crazies away!:):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Meet the Fockers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm watching Twin Peaks, I'm curious if it is as good as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bredabe wrote:
    Finally re-remembered my password for my Nordic Noir source, YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, endless foreign language drama's to keep the crazies away!

We'll stay here in AH.

High heat for a few mins...and then 10 mins each side?!?!
    He could resole his friggin shoes with that! :D

High heat for a few mins...and then 10 mins each side?!?!
    He could resole his friggin shoes with that! :D

Haha! Seriously it was nice, the ten minutes was on very, very low heat and turned frequently. Surprised myself :)

Wasn't feeling the greatest physically today, so told my daughter we were going to Madrid for a hol...gave her the dates...and have left her pick the hotel!
    You know, I think she's done well with her choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Have the chromebook running as a Guest; when it crashed I could not get back into my account as how on earth do they expect me to get to my rescue email when I cannot get into my account....so, happy I can at least get online, for now although erratic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would you access your email from your phone?

Went to the 'local' shop for the paper, to discover I'd won third prize in a local charity draw. A fabulous heavy duty radio that's ideal for the garden.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement