Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mbarosin wrote: »
    Thanks. Smyth's have the megapack with extra game for 230. Might be better value overall. I assume the one in Smyth's is V2.

Smyths have the V2, which includes a camera. The passthrough cable for the V2 also allows for HDR unlike the V1.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

mbarosin wrote: »
    Thanks. Smyth's have the megapack with extra game for 230. Might be better value overall. I assume the one in Smyth's is V2.

I'd recommend the Mega Pack as it includes some of the best games on the system. Wipeout is brilliant in VR and Astrobot is one of the best platformers on the PS4 in general IMO. I haven't played Blood & Truth but I've heard people say it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This sales season has me splashing more so than almost any other time. Picked up Resi 2 there in Smyths for €29.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah as it is the V1 headset it doesn't come with the camera and needs to be removed to display hdr. CEX are selling the V1 camera for €30 which works with this.

Just picked up one there alright for €32 by trading in a few old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New games joining the PlayStation Hits range (20 euro rrp) on 28th June

God of War 3 remastered
    Horizon complete edition
    Nioh
    More games in the link below

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/06/20/introducing-new-additions-to-the-playstation-hits-line-up/#sf214597286

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New games joining the PlayStation Hits range (20 euro rrp) on 28th June

God of War
    Horizon complete edition
    Nioh
    More games in the link below

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/06/20/introducing-new-additions-to-the-playstation-hits-line-up/#sf214597286

Just to clarify it's God of War 3 remastered that is included

Just to clarify it's God of War 3 remastered that is included

Fuuuuck sorry lads, thought that was the latest one, was quite surprised at it alright, will edit my op.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is HZD first person or third person?
    Might finally take a stab at it for 20 bucks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is HZD first person or third person?
    Might finally take a stab at it for 20 bucks! :D

Third person. Crackin' game especially at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Third person. Crackin' game especially at that price.

Great!

I was never sure if I'd be into the story/setting of it and I never watched any walkthroughs, as I didn't want to spoil it if I did!
    I'm willing to find out for 20 quid.
    I'll get the disc version, just in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Great!

I was never sure if I'd be into the story/setting of it and I never watched any walkthroughs, as I didn't want to spoil it if I did!

It's a steal at that price. Gameplay, story, setting, all absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Great!

It's absolutely gorgeous in 4K as well, great excuse to upgrade if ye haven't already :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

HZD is a fantastic game. Only finished it a few weeks back. Great characters, story and the combat is just so damn good. Looks amazing too. Think it pipped God of War for me anyway.

Flash sale on US and Canadian PSN stores

Flash sale on US and Canadian PSN stores

Deus Ex mankind divided for 4.50, I'll have some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was free on PS Plus early last year, did you get it then or was your sub expired?

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was free on PS Plus early last year, did you get it then or was your sub expired?

Nope, the only time i completely forgot to add it to my library. Was actually looking forward to it that month, went to play it the month after to find i had to purchase it, sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

AC Odyssey down to 20 quid in GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Horrid game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Horrid game.

Incorrect.

• Advertisement

I know a few people had issues with season passes from us store, anyone know if the deus ex one will work on my Irish account. Extra 2 euro for the 2 dlc packs and extra goodies.

I know a few people had issues with season passes from us store, anyone know if the deus ex one will work on my Irish account. Extra 2 euro for the 2 dlc packs and extra goodies.

It should work as they are separate downloads. The only games that you would have issues with are any multiplayer games as content is tied to account. Easiest way to know is to check if dlc has a file size.

It should work as they are separate downloads. The only games that you would have issues with are any multiplayer games as content is tied to account. Easiest way to know is to check if dlc has a file size.

Cool will check that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Incorrect.

That's why it was a tenner 2 months after it came out :pac:

Cool will check that thanks.

Yupp Eoin, checked my Irish account, started the game and had the 2 dlc expansions as well as the bonus mission with the season pass. I think i have to get to my safe house to check stash to see if i get all the starting goodies.

To go back on topic, Trials Rising Gold (with season pass) is 22 euro in Argos. Wish i waited to get that instead of the base game.

Yupp Eoin, checked my Irish account, started the game and had the 2 dlc expansions as well as the bonus mission with the season pass. I think i have to get to my safe house to check stash to see if i get all the starting goodies.

To go back on topic, Trials Rising Gold (with season pass) is 22 euro in Argos. Wish i waited to get that instead of the base game.

Great news. Another thing to remember, if you had previously played a game via physical copy and wanted to purchase digital version you would need to buy from Irish store as game saves are region locked

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Great news. Another thing to remember, if you had previously played a game via physical copy and wanted to purchase digital version you would need to buy from Irish store as game saves are region locked
    I'm going a bit offtopic but:

Hmmm, I wonder if you can't access your saves cause you've been playing in the profile from the store you bought the game or if the game is region locked.

I knew that the saves are profile-locked (so if you've got three profiles, each with a different PSN store region, you'll have three different save states of a game if you play it in the three profiles. Same would be if you try to copy to USB a save file then importing in another profile, you won't be able to see the save to import)

Have you tried playing the game you downloaded in the same profile you've installed the physical copy? That should trigger/use the same save file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got the loan of a copy of Far Cry 3 on the PS3 off a friend before buying a digital copy from the store - his copy was from an Irish store and I bought through the Irish part of the Playstation store. I couldn't access the progress I had saved with the physical copy and had to restart the game when playing the digital copy. The issue wouldn't have been that they were region locked in that instance and I wonder is it a common thing with games.

chonix wrote: »
    I'm going a bit offtopic but:

Hmmm, I wonder if you can't access your saves cause you've been playing in the profile from the store you bought the game or if the game is region locked.

I knew that the saves are profile-locked (so if you've got three profiles, each with a different PSN store region, you'll have three different save states of a game if you play it in the three profiles. Same would be if you try to copy to USB a save file then importing in another profile, you won't be able to see the save to import)

Have you tried playing the game you downloaded in the same profile you've installed the physical copy? That should trigger/use the same save file

It's never happened to me as I generally buy digital and any game that I would have bought physical, I would still have it. I had seen it being mentioned on reddit or somewhere so thought I'd mention it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

njcarey wrote: »

Got lucky and got a copy.

Thanks.

Advertisement