Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just traded in Rage 2 in Gamestop. My intention was to get Days Gone for €20 if the deal still stood (the pre-order deal extended into some released games). But, when I got there he advised that Days Gone was dropped to €50 so I got it for €2.87 when trading in Rage 2 (worth €47 credit or something). Even better news is that all new game trade ins are boosted to €60 when put towards a pre-order, and that will last until the 17th, so if I don't like the game I can get €60 off a pre-order. Either way, I think I'll be trading it in against CoD:MW and pre-order the fancy one then. Serious bargain!

And you can move that €60 credit to an existing game too! So trade in against an e3 preorder and then change your mind and take it off something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

J. Marston wrote: »
    Membership. Only checked the store just now and it's €42 for the year. That's good.

Is that stackable? If it is I’ll buy 3. Genuinely. It’s only gonna go up in price in the coming year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is that stackable? If it is I’ll buy 3. Genuinely. It’s only gonna go up in price in the coming year or so.

It is stackable, I've got Plus until March 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was comparing Devil May Cry 5 ,Far Cry New Dawn and Days Gone Prices in the US, Canadian and Indonesia stores against Irish PSN and big difference in most regions.

Days Gone Standard edition is 46.49 on Irish and around €35 on either US or Canada and €34 on Indonesia store. Digital deluxe is 56 here while cheapest is on Canadian store at 39.45 against 40.72 on US store. Indonesia works out at 42.39.

Far Cry New Dawn standard here is 23.99 while it’s €16.60 in Canada, €17.62 in US and €19.24 in Indonesia. Digital Deluxe here is €28.49 while Canada is €15.34, US is €14.53 and Indonesia is €21.38 so it’s cheaper to get digital deluxe on US store.

Devil May Cry 5 is €34.99 here and is around the same price in other stores while the Digital Deluxe is €44.99 here and €39.45 in Canada, €40.72 in US and €40.94 in Indonesia.

So really if you have a US/Canada PSN account, the games are much cheaper. Also note that the price conversion are just based on the price I the respective stores, you also need to take into account the price to get PSN credit for that store. On another note, the Indonesia store has way more games on sale compared to the Irish store and you can get a years ps plus there for around €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Was comparing Devil May Cry 5 ,Far Cry New Dawn and Days Gone Prices in the US, Canadian and Indonesia stores against Irish PSN and big difference in most regions.

Days Gone Standard edition is 46.49 on Irish and around €35 on either US or Canada and €34 on Indonesia store. Digital deluxe is 56 here while cheapest is on Canadian store at 39.45 against 40.72 on US store. Indonesia works out at 42.39.

Far Cry New Dawn standard here is 23.99 while it’s €16.60 in Canada, €17.62 in US and €19.24 in Indonesia. Digital Deluxe here is €28.49 while Canada is €15.34, US is €14.53 and Indonesia is €21.38 so it’s cheaper to get digital deluxe on US store.

Devil May Cry 5 is €34.99 here and is around the same price in other stores while the Digital Deluxe is €44.99 here and €39.45 in Canada, €40.72 in US and €40.94 in Indonesia.

So really if you have a US/Canada PSN account, the games are much cheaper. Also note that the price conversion are just based on the price I the respective stores, you also need to take into account the price to get PSN credit for that store. On another note, the Indonesia store has way more games on sale compared to the Irish store and you can get a years ps plus there for around €15

Irish sale prices are fairly cack in comparison. HZD Complete is $9.99 US vs €27.99 here, madness. Picked up Uncharted 4 for just under 9 euro. Unbelievable price for HZD Complete though. Think the discounts are similar it's just our standard prices are much higher for those games, HZD Complete is 49.99 here standard but seems to be rrp at $19.99 US. Thank God for region hopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

If you have multiple accounts for the different stores, do you need to just switch primary accounts everytime you want to play a game you bought from that store?

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    If you have multiple accounts for the different stores, do you need to just switch primary accounts everytime you want to play a game you bought from that store?

No you just need to log into the account you want to buy from, buy the game and once you start to download it it will appear on your primary account like normal when you log back in. Don't even need to wait for the download to complete before you switch back over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Black/White PS4 controller 36.99 in Argos.

Others 39.99

Black also £29.99 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jimjangles

That days of play sale is absolutely useless in Ireland. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything off that. I suppose there is the option of creating a US account but it shouldn't be necessary, the prices should be the same across all regions. I think I'll switch back to Xbox next gen. Fed up of Sony being a-holes. I suppose Microsoft aren't much better either.
    They released that crap discless Xbox so they could raise the price of the normal Xbox one s when they're supposed to be having a sale 249.99 vs 199.99 it should be.
    Really crap way of doing business.
    These companies are too mean and unfair and don't deserve our money
    So maybe I'll just upgrade my pc next gen.

jimjangles wrote: »
    That days of play sale is absolutely useless in Ireland. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything off that. I suppose there is the option of creating a US account but it shouldn't be necessary, the prices should be the same across all regions. I think I'll switch back to Xbox next gen. Fed up of Sony being a-holes. I suppose Microsoft aren't much better either.
    They released that crap discless Xbox so they could raise the price of the normal Xbox one s when they're supposed to be having a sale 249.99 vs 199.99 it should be.

Agreed on the difference in sale prices, its ridiculous. Horizon Zero Dawn is still more expensive in the Irish sale than it is when its not even on sale in US.

Have to say though, as a PS4 and Xbox owner, Game Pass is unbelievable value and has turned into an essential service if you own an Xbox. So much content there and good quality titles added each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You also have to keep the economies of each country in mind. Average income in Ireland in 2016 was just over €36k, average in Indonesia in 2017 was just over €4k. America is skewed by the million and billionaires, with a Google search saying the average in 2017 was 56k, which doesn't sound right to me, but America does have the extremely rich and extremely poor with large numbers in each. But, Ireland is known as rip-off Republic for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jimjangles wrote: »

If your not tied to the consoles by things like thats where your friends play,PC is the way to go.

I keep a PS4 because thats where my IRL friends play and the odd exclusive. Thats the only reason i bother putting up with Sony/MS these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It is stackable, I've got Plus until March 2021.

Cheers dude. €42 for a year is damn cheap. Watch it go up in price as ps5 comes along. Gonna pick up 3 years worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

All colours of Dualshock 4 are down to €39 in Smyths at the minute

maximoose wrote: »
    All colours of Dualshock 4 are down to €39 in Smyths at the minute

They're that price everywhere until the weekend as part of the Days of Play promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Looks like a great price for the new Wolfenstein for and anyone interested: https://www.simplygames.com/p/wolfenstein-youngblood-ps4

Also good prices for other pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

actuar90 wrote: »
    Looks like a great price for the new Wolfenstein for and anyone interested: https://www.simplygames.com/p/wolfenstein-youngblood-ps4

Also good prices for other pre orders

I saw that price on a few other sites funnily enough. Does it imply a shorter game?? Seems to be a far too reasonable price! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

njcarey wrote: »

Good luck finding stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Sony Playstation VR | PS VR

You can get the basic version for €99 on Harvey Normans, €104 including delivery

Order online only

https://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/p...-vr-ps-vr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does that come with the camera? Do you need the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just be aware that's V1

Just be aware that's V1

Doesn't bother me, already have a camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is a seriously good bargain. I have the Rift on PC but I bought that for the curiosity factor more than anything, be nice to play a few PS games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Doesn't bother me, already have a camera.
    Does this need a camera in addition to the psvr Harvey Norman are selling?

mbarosin wrote: »
    Does this need a camera in addition to the psvr Harvey Norman are selling?

Yeah as it is the V1 headset it doesn't come with the camera and needs to be removed to display hdr. CEX are selling the V1 camera for €30 which works with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Yeah as it is the V1 headset it doesn't come with the camera and needs to be removed to display hdr. CEX are selling the V1 camera for €30 which works with this.

Thanks. Smyth's have the megapack with extra game for 230. Might be better value overall. I assume the one in Smyth's is V2.

Advertisement