Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haha no, and I don't think I could- I just hate the song so much! :p

It's the only Christmas song I don't like though- I think everyone's allowed one! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Posy wrote: »
    Haha no, and I don't think I could- I just hate the song so much! :p

It's the only Christmas song I don't like though- I think everyone's allowed one! :o

A ye fair enough I think we are allowed to have one we don't like ... Mine is that one "shake it up shake up the happiness ..." something like that I don't know I you know it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slTYj2h6OfY

This has to be right up there along with the Fairytale of New York ;);););)

Sitting in my dads Jeep today and saw this on the radio :D made me smile :D
    Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone know when it's back on?

• Advertisement

Antibac wrote: »
    Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Antibac wrote: »

Usually towards the end of November/ 1st of December time.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We'll be test transmitting on the 29th of Nov, Official Launch Probably 30th of Nov.

Christmas Jumpers are up and ready to pre-order now :) What do you think guys??

Reindeer_Christmas_jumper.jpgLadies__rudolph_Christmas_jumper.jpgUnknown.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We'll be test transmitting on the 29th of Nov, Official Launch Probably 30th of Nov.

Christmas Jumpers are up and ready to pre-order now :) What do you think guys??

Loving the sleigh one, def getting one this year!! Looking forward to the launch aswell!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Are any of the Jumper Dresses available in XL at all, Ronan? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

The jumpers are brilliant! I'll definitely be buying one!

washiskin wrote: »

Yup, All the mens Christmas Jumpers are in XL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup, All the mens Christmas Jumpers are in XL

*cough*... I think she was asking about the dress ones Ronan :o

Sorry mis-read the post, Unfortunately the dresses just go up to size 16. If you think there's demand I'll get some done for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Any confirmation on frequencies and areas you will be broadcasting to yet? Time is rolling on nicely another month just over.

Are these the official dates now?

Posy wrote: »

Are these the official dates now?

All the frequencys and transmission dates for this year are on their Facebook page !! Go have a look !! :-D

There's a facebook page??!

*scurries off*

Thanks Liamo22,

Frequencies are:

Dublin 94.3
    Kildare 88.1 (This is a new reigon for us - were covering the commuter belt)
    Limerick 105.5
    Cork 106.7
    Galway 89.5
    South East Region 103.8

Launching at 8am on the 29th. Our charity partner is Focus Ireland, and we're grateful to EBS and the Irish Daily Mail for being our sponsors again for this year and make this all possible.

*Sets alarm for 8am on the 29th*

Can't wait!!!!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Is there a test transmission this year, Ronan?
    Need to get the car radio tuned in........:D

There is a Loop being played on the website at the moment so I'm sure it wont be too long before its on FM :D

We'll be doing some small tests on the 28th but the official programming is on 29th at 8am. Its a temp license issue that says we can't be on the airwaves before that.

At the moment myself and the other presenters are doing dry runs, basically we're doing practice shows which aren't aired so that when it does go live we are familiar with all the equipment and it sounds flawless.

I'm listening to it at the moment on 105.5FM!! Arguably it's better now than when the DJs are waffling. Just music, music and more music! :D

edit: I've been listening about 40 minutes and I've heard Feliz Navidad and Fairytale twice already! I suppose that's to expected since they're not officially broadcasting yet. Pity.

edit: I've been listening about 40 minutes and I've heard Feliz Navidad and Fairytale twice already! I suppose that's to expected since they're not officially broadcasting yet. Pity.
    Why? They're brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

is it up? the music just might help motivate me, if i can remember how to tune a radio!

So it's nearly back again. Anybody else remember the guy on St Stephen's Day last year welling up as he said goodbye? I can't remember his name but I think he was the programme director or something like that. Can't believe it's come round again so soon.

I've been listening to the sample stuff that's playing and there was not one instance of "Christmas Shoes"!!! Maybe they're not going to play this "classic" :D Anyway I'll be up at 8am on Tuesday to hear the start of it like last year. They never said "we're back!" or anything like that last year. You'd think they'd say "Hello again" or something. They just started as if they had been on all year!

Anybody else waiting eagerly for Tuesday?

I am, can't wait! I'll be setting my alarm to be up in time for the start!
    I hope they thank all of us who are sacrificing a rare lie-in so they can get up and listen to it all begin! :D

Ronan, you really are spoiling us!!! :D

A test transmission on the 27th!!!! You little gem! :D:D:D

Sounding a lot clearer than the past couple of years - OMG!!! Perry Como - Happy Holidays indeeeeeeed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

this test transmission - will it be all day? pls say yes

Advertisement