Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Drama Character

1323334353638»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thanks Necro. Great fun!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks Necro great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

A worthy winner, I presumed it would be him or Walter White, pleasantly surprised to have Vic in the final though. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Thanks Necro, worthy winner in the end of a great competition, 5 of my nominations were nominated by another person

Sawduck wrote: »
    5 of my nominations were nominated by another person

All of my nominations were unique. :)

Thanks Necro! An unsurprising winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well you would have to be a brave man or woman to bet against Tony Soprano. Second place was the really interesting battle.
    Thanks for the welcome diversion Necro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Cheers Necro, immense as always, I tried stay away from characters who I thought would be nominated elsewhere in mine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trigger wrote:
    Cheers Necro, immense as always, I tried stay away from characters who I thought would be nominated elsewhere in mine.

So did most people :D

I had to nominate both Tony AND Walter White as nobody else did!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I tend not to be in this forum much and miss the start of some great threads and fun. Could there be a thread for such comps thar gets updated as one starts? I only caught this as in the front page? (Sorry if this already exists).

There's one for new Sheep games. Could be for all new games in fairness.

Edit: Stickied and renamed, follow this thread.. It'd be up up to each competition owner to advertise their games there.

quickbeam wrote:
    There's one for new Sheep game. Could be or all new games in fairness.

Could start a new one to advertise any upcoming games maybe? Close off the old one and just have the one thread

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another great game, thanks Necro. I didn't really get involved in the later stages because I haven't seen most of the shows. Surprised that Walter White didn't make the final though, I thought from the start it would be a straight fight between him and Tony Soprano.
    Necro wrote: »
    Character Name
    Andy Renko (Hill Street Blues)

Also surprised that I was the only person who nominated Andy Renko. For soe reason I was sure there'd be at least one other poster who'd nominate him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A very worthy winner.

Cheers for running the tournament Necro

I think your post swayed it for Tony's win imho, all true no one could contest any part of it, a worthy winner (even if Mal is the true winner :p)

Thanks Necro and y'all, very highly enjoyable game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I should of nominated since I think Ben Linus from Lost should of been in this tournament. He pretty much stole the show each week.

• Advertisement

I should of nominated since I think Ben Linus from Lost should of been in this tournament. He pretty much stole the show each week.

He was a person of interest in this :P

I didn't nominate anyone but if I did it would have been Columbo, Jack Regan from the Sweeney (bonus points for having an Irish parent) and an honourable mention to Bodie from The Professionals (cos he was hard and pretty and could pull at least a bird an episode :P). No love at all for seventies shows. :mad: :D

I didn't nominate anyone but if I did it would have been Columbo, Jack Regan from the Sweeney (bonus points for having an Irish parent) and an honourable mention to Bodie from The Professionals (cos he was hard and pretty and could pull at least a bird an episode :P). No love at all for seventies shows. :mad: :D

Maybe someone could run an action tough kick ass rough character game etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Zaph wrote: »

Also surprised that I was the only person who nominated Andy Renko. For soe reason I was sure there'd be at least one other poster who'd nominate him. :pac:
    I missed the nomination phase sadly. But if there's another competition for greatest redneck hillbilly cop, I'll be in there.

I'd like a UK/Irish comedy contest in similar vein to the US Sitcom one. Though there would likely have to be a three character limit to avoid every single character from Father Ted being nominated :D

Along the same lines... I wonder would a Fr. Ted greatest character contest work....

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe someone could run an action tough kick ass rough character game etc.,

:D You got me good there, no bout a doubt it.... Well played :pac:
    The kids call that a "Zinger" Liz :D

I missed the nomination phase sadly. But if there's another competition for greatest redneck hillbilly cop, I'll be in there.
    Strong competition from Shane Vendrell, Raylan Givens and Roscoe P. Colrtrane.

I am thinking of running

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Action Kick Ass Crime Fighting Star Character

Interested?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am thinking of running

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Action Kick Ass Crime Fighting Star Character

Interested?

That sounds like fun.
    Has there ever been a greatest tv detective contest on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Necro thanks for doing all the legwork on this. I missed the tourno (:o) but have just spent an entertaining 2 hours reading through the thread.

I totally missed this altogether and read the first page, saw Tony Soprano and told myself there's the winner right there - flick to the last page and sure enough!

A worthy winner, though I would have thought Frank Underwood would have been more of a contender on the basis of his asides to camera alone. Creepy Spacey aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It was a good competition but if I had known about it I would have nominated Sarah Lund from the killing and Genny and Ciro from Gomorra.
    Also I think the pairing for the semi final was wrong, as final should have been Tony Soprano beating Walter White.

You should get in on the best band of the 90s tourney, candie.

But don’t go voting for the ****e!

I'll be running a Best Father Ted Character contest in about two weeks folks. Won't be taking nominations for this one but all the faves will definitely be there along with Second Chance Showdowns!!

Advertisement