Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Getting back on topic, Kim Deal = Musical Goddess.
    As soon as I hear her voice, angst disappears and is replaced by insane happiness.

^ This is a great song to jump around and break stuff to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

If you want to discuss it, PM me. Don't discuss moderation issues on thread.

Ye sorry I posted that and then realised I should PM you:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Pearl Jam - Last kiss.

*MElts*

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

K so dont laugh too hard but I think the theme tune to schindlers list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Llb8rPrzc

and the love theme from star wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQR1PIXUsw&feature=related

are actually two of the most fabulous pieces of music ever composed....

*waits for barrage of abuse*:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sing the Sorrow by afi is the album of angst! Add a bit of Atreyu to that and you're sorted! :)
    Thankfully my taste in music isn''t quite as depressing anymore.... Death Cab for Cutie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Novella wrote: »
    Sing the Sorrow by afi is the album of angst! Add a bit of Atreyu to that and you're sorted! :)
    Thankfully my taste in music isn''t quite as depressing anymore.... Death Cab for Cutie :D

Both horrible talentless bands *shudder*

Stev_o wrote: »
    Both horrible talentless bands *shudder*

Tell me about it! But sure, I was only fifteen! :D

Tell me about it! But sure, I was only fifteen! :D

Young and naive ehh :D?? Funeral are a good band that is until they released their new album thus completely transforming themselves into a shallow band, shame really.

Young and naive ehh :D?? Funeral are a good band that is until they released their new album thus completely transforming themselves into a shallow band, shame really.

Yeah, pretty much! :o
    Ah, I'm all about Casually Dressed and Deep In Conversation, love that album! Not a huge ffaf fan really, just liking that album lately!

Yeah, pretty much! :o
    Ah, I'm all about Casually Dressed and Deep In Conversation, love that album! Not a huge ffaf fan really, just liking that album lately!

That much that your name is one of their songs yeah :p. That and Hours are their best albums pretty much.

• Advertisement

That much that your name is one of their songs yeah :p. That and Hours are their best albums pretty much.

:p Haha, shut up! I couldn't think of a username when I was joining the other day and I happened to be listening to that song at the time so.... :)
    Yeah, Hours is a good album actually.... At least I think I'm thinking of the right one.... The album with Roses for the Dead on it?? That's a good'un!

:p Haha, shut up! I couldn't think of a username when I was joining the other day and I happened to be listening to that song at the time so.... :)
    Yeah, Hours is a good album actually.... At least I think I'm thinking of the right one.... The album with Roses for the Dead on it?? That's a good'un!

Suuure! Is it really that hard to think of a name other then a name of a song haha. Yup that's the one, Tales Don't Tell Themselves is meh tbh has one or two good songs like Great Wide Open and or One for the Road but to me as a musician it sounds more indie then what they are supposed to be.

Suuure! Is it really that hard to think of a name other then a name of a song haha. Yup that's the one, Tales Don't Tell Themselves is meh tbh has one or two good songs like Great Wide Open and or One for the Road but to me as a musician it sounds more indie then what they are supposed to be.

I think you're just jealous of my cool name :P:D
    I think The Great Wide Open is a bit crap really! I like One for the Road though, think that's the best song on the album. I've only heard bits of the other songs on i-tunes so hard to judge 'cause I didn't buy the album. BECAUSE I'M NOT EVEN INTO FFAF THAT MUCH HAHA! :)

I think you're just jealous of my cool name :P:D
    I think The Great Wide Open is a bit crap really! I like One for the Road though, think that's the best song on the album. I've only heard bits of the other songs on i-tunes so hard to judge 'cause I didn't buy the album. BECAUSE I'M NOT EVEN INTO FFAF THAT MUCH HAHA! :)

Yet you still thought it was a good idea to name yourself on boards after one of their songs!! Go on then suggest someone that your "into" then.

Yet you still thought it was a good idea to name yourself on boards after one of their songs!! Go on then suggest someone that your "into" then.

Eh, maybe Novella is actually just my name!!!! :rolleyes:
    Ah no, I do like ffaf haha. But my favourires are Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Brand New, City & Colour, Alexisonfire.....
    How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Tom Waits and Thelonius Monk.

They don't make 'em like they used to...

Eh, maybe Novella is actually just my name!!!! :rolleyes:
    Ah no, I do like ffaf haha. But my favourires are Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Brand New, City & Colour, Alexisonfire.....
    How about you?

Alexisonfire is good, C&C is alllright i guess but most of their songs sound the same dreary and sad.

Blegh my music all over the shop my itunes goes form bands like Amusement Parks On Fire, Extreme, Faith No More, All That Remains Parkway Drive and other bands that like to shout very loud :p

But then i have my hidden acoustic gems such as Don Ross, Trace Bundy, Andy Mckee to Eric Mongrain.

So yeah sorta diverse i guess.......

Alexisonfire is good, C&C is alllright i guess but most of their songs sound the same dreary and sad.

Blegh my music all over the shop my itunes goes form bands like Amusement Parks On Fire, Extreme, Faith No More, All That Remains Parkway Drive and other bands that like to shout very loud :p

But then i have my hidden acoustic gems such as Don Ross, Trace Bundy, Andy Mckee to Eric Mongrain.

So yeah sorta diverse i guess.......

Ahhhh, I love dreary and sad, ya see! I probably have the most depressing i-pod on the planet haha. C&C's song What Makes A Man, most played song on my i-tunes and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Andy McKee is cool though! + diverse is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZM6ZSlvvY

Just another one for yas..

mm..music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

lilmizzme wrote: »
    K so dont laugh too hard but I think the theme tune to schindlers list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Llb8rPrzc

and the love theme from star wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQR1PIXUsw&feature=related

are actually two of the most fabulous pieces of music ever composed....

*waits for barrage of abuse*:p

I love both those though the Star Wars one is a bit boring now. Love most of John Williams' themes and themes from films in general.

I've been listening to a lot of M83 lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Culbaire and his acoustic guitar;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Culbaire and his acoustic guitar;)

Album due summer 2009.

Y'all heard it here first :)

Ahhhh, I love dreary and sad, ya see! I probably have the most depressing i-pod on the planet haha. C&C's song What Makes A Man, most played song on my i-tunes and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Andy McKee is cool though! + diverse is good :)

Think everyone likes the old sad song here and there but i wouldn't be able to stand it if i constantly listened to it.

On a completely different note some more music videos.

Think everyone likes the old sad song here and there but i wouldn't be able to stand it if i constantly listened to it.

On a completely different note some more music videos.

I really love that second one, Amusement Parks on Fire! Will definitely be checking out more stuff :)

I really love that second one, Amusement Parks on Fire! Will definitely be checking out more stuff :)

Aye they are a pretty good they have a weird effect on me keep associated them with the colour red and smoke...dont even ask :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

New Brand New album in the summer, cant wait!

Aye they are a pretty good they have a weird effect on me keep associated them with the colour red and smoke...dont even ask :p
    That is weird but I associate certain words and stuff with pictures in my head that are completely unrelated! God.... I am insane! :o:D

Fad wrote: »
    New Brand New album in the summer, cant wait!

I second that :)

That is weird but I associate certain words and stuff with pictures in my head that are completely unrelated! God.... I am insane! :o:D

I dunno the fuzzyness of their music gives that impression or something crazy like that ^^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can't get over how great this song is. Wow.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »

I can't get over how great this song is. Wow.

Tis good alright, tragic what happened to him though.

Advertisement