Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

If the Mox Omega match was unsanctioned, why did we see it? Shouldn't the PPV have just gone off the air after the Cody Jericho match?
    Unsanctioned matches are ridiculous. At least WWE have started using the whole "the wrestlers have signed a hold harmless agreement" thing. That makes sense as to why the match is actually on the show.

The main event to Full Gear was Moxley vs Omega, end of. It reminds me of Shawn Michaels trying to claim that his retirement was actually at Mania 26 against Undertaker. That the Saudi match was not really a proper match. Sorry, Shawn, but you ruined your retirement. And sorry, AEW, but your championship title match was not the main event of your PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the mox/omega feud wasnt to the point of needing this match they should always be an ending to afeud were a normal match is just not enough and the feud has escalated beyond that. its a big thing i have a problem with in wrestling were gimmick matches are being used at the points there not needed just look at hell in a cell its used for a ppv not to end a feud.

I think aew are using these lights out matches to avoid having the match matter to the win/loss record and the fact moxley had 2 of these already is stupid more so the Janela one as at least hes feuding with kenny

one of the things ive always hated about unsanctioned is them ending in pins like it should really be a last man standing match type of thing were you have to incapacitate your opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    the mox/omega feud wasnt to the point of needing this match they should always be an ending to afeud were a normal match is just not enough and the feud has escalated beyond that. its a big thing i have a problem with in wrestling were gimmick matches are being used at the points there not needed just look at hell in a cell its used for a ppv not to end a feud.

I think aew are using these lights out matches to avoid having the match matter to the win/loss record and the fact moxley had 2 of these already is stupid more so the Janela one as at least hes feuding with kenny

one of the things ive always hated about unsanctioned is them ending in pins like it should really be a last man standing match type of thing were you have to incapacitate your opponent.

I'd agree. If they are unsantioned, why is there a referee out there? Doesn't make sense. Anyhow, i've not much problem with the concept outside of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not just that but it seems pins have to take place in the ring. I think any match that can go anywhere, should be allowed to be won anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd agree. If they are unsantioned, why is there a referee out there? Doesn't make sense. Anyhow, i've not much problem with the concept outside of that.
    Ref is there to count the pin, record the submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

sky88 wrote: »

Mox and Kenny been feuding for 7 months now

Kenny ridiculing his run in Japan even

If any feud was deserving of a match like this then it was this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved Mox/Omega, thought that was absolutely brilliant, one of the matches of the year for me so far.

Cody/Jericho was great too, had a legitimate big-fight feel to it. Riho/Sakura was fantastic as well, maybe the best womens match so far in the company.

All in all another excellent evening of pro wrestling from AEW.

raven136 wrote: »

And haven’t fought in a singles match yet

I just don’t think the feud had hit that point yet

Feuding for 7 months but only a month on tv bar a few ppvs and video packages not exactly a solid 7 month feud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

raven136 wrote: »

Over what? I've watched every minute of of every AEW PPV, special, & episode of Dynamite. It has never been explained why Mox attacked Omega or what issue there is between them. What is the origin of the issue?

Seeing Moxley pull back the ring mat to expose the boards brought back memories of the match on Impact where the boards kept slipping

• Advertisement

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860153-the-jon-moxley-vs-kenny-omega-feud-explained-ahead-of-aew-full-gear-ppv

This sums it up for me

Really enjoyed the build up, the video packages and the match was fantastic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sirmanga wrote: »
    If the Mox Omega match was unsanctioned, why did we see it? Shouldn't the PPV have just gone off the air after the Cody Jericho match?
    Unsanctioned matches are ridiculous.

Unsanctioned in AEW is two-fold. Firstly, it means the company wash their hands of responsibility like in the Tony Khan/Mox backstage bit. Secondly, it means the result doesn't count towards win-loss record and therefore can be used to further storylines. Someone earlier said Moxley should be next for Jericho. He should... except his victory doesn't count. This will drive him more nuts and they can go a way where he's forced to tone it down or ramp it up out of spite. I think it's interesting.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd agree. If they are unsantioned, why is there a referee out there? Doesn't make sense.

I seem to remember a ref in a street fight/unsanctioned match wearing a polo rather than a shirt. May have been Drake Weurtz for Gargano vs Ciampa. Also had black gloves on. That was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Unsanctioned matches fall apart if you over analyse them too much really.
    I think the Gargano/Ciampa matches were unsanctioned but then they had a corporate sponsor.

If you nitpick it there shouldn't be commentary, logos, graphics or even a venue to perform it in if AEW really wanted nothing to do with it but you have to take it as it is, as just another stipulation for showing how extreme and lawless it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really enjoyed the show, and Dynamite each week is a breath of fresh air for weekly American tv wrestling.

Two things that bugged me though was the cheap finishes in a couple of the matches. It's annoying just because AEW were so adamant when they launched that they would be a company with clean finishes and little shenanigans and yet 2 of the matches on their first ppv post tv had screwy finishes (Spears match and Jericho match). It just felt a bit too WWE.
    The crowd's in AEW set it apart from WWE too, they are loud, enthusiastic and into all elements of the show. Just bad luck that their first ppv post tv had easily the worst crowd they've ever had. The wrestling, by and large, and the stories being told were good, a hot crowd would have elevated the show to a higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That unsanctioned match was just violence for the sake of violence. It's like something you'd see on CZW. It was too early into their feud to have a match like that because we don't know why they despise each other that much they want to brutalise one another.

That unsanctioned match was just violence for the sake of violence. It's like something you'd see on CZW. It was too early into their feud to have a match like that because we don't know why they despise each other that much they want to brutalise one another.

That was nothing like a czw match at all

There was barb wire etc but where was the mechanical knife cutting someone open I ask you..the weed whacker moment, the fall from a cage to concrete but most importantly WHERE WAS THE LIVE GRENADE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Middle aged, balding, fat schlub :pac: :pac: :pac:

How did he not know that clearly was not Excalibur straight away.

Love Cornette, that is absolute comedy gold hahaha.

Oh my god that is brilliant haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

About half way though the latest episode of dynamite. Pretty bad so far, everything feels rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jericho and MJF was the best segment in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Second half much better. Jericho/MJF was great. Pac v Hangman, Young Bucks brawl and the main event were all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

https://youtu.be/K4OmilSFoxA

Orange Cassidy bit is the funniest thing I seen in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

https://youtu.be/K4OmilSFoxA

Orange Cassidy bit is the funniest thing I seen in years!

I thought this was myself. Callin' for the big 450

https://imgur.com/8yBTJ8w.mp4

Another really good episode I thought, the PAC/Page series has been excellent, PAC has to be considered amongst the best in the business at the moment.

Jericho/MJF promo was excellent, didn't feel forced or fake at all like lots of in-ring promos. Loved the Juventud reference too.

Great start and finish to the shows as well, feels like anything can happen. Mox squash and promo were really good, as was the main, great rub for Scorpio Sky getting the first pin over Jericho.

Did they just call him Cody Rhodes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did they just call him Cody Rhodes?!

Yes, yes they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JR said Swagger before Excalibur corrected him and said Hager then JR said yes Hager has Swagger.

Great show MJF and Allin have IT in spades.

Cody has said previously that he got the Rhodes name back and can use it if he wants but prefers to stick with just Cody for now.

They have so many great story line options on the go which are simple story's but really completing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Excalibur is like a glitching AI that just randomly shouts wrestling moves from the [URL="the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_attacks"]list on wikipedia.[/URL]

Advertisement