Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I know on an android pone, you can go into settings then security and change or turn it off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

How do you change the sim pin? Or better yet, can you disable it?

You'll find it under sim lock settings under privacy or security in your phone settings. Different phones will have different ways of doing it. It can be changed or disabled

Thanks all. I had assumed it would be through gomo rather than on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

KOR101 wrote: »
    Anyone know where they are at in terms of filling orders. Seems like some Tuesday orders are only being filled today as well as some Wednesday ones.

I ordered mine Thursday night last week. Got an email yesterday (Tuesday) telling me my account number. Didn't get it yet.
    I assume there's no problem in using it as a hotspot???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

So, has anyone started using the gomo service? Just curious as to what the coverage is like. I have my son on the 3 all you can eat account at 20 per month, but would be very happy to switch over. I wanted to make sure the data coverage was good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

lighthouse wrote: »
    I hope not as it's the reason I bought mine. Still waiting...

chewed wrote: »
    So, has anyone started using the gomo service? Just curious as to what the coverage is like. I have my son on the 3 all you can eat account at 20 per month, but would be very happy to switch over. I wanted to make sure the data coverage was good enough.

Coverage map here
    https://gomo.ie/our-coverage-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

SIM arrived 3 days ago but wasn't activated , it's been a total nightmare trying to get them to sort it out . Seems their agents are all straight out of the Eir academy.
    Not a great start at all .

Just got a text and email saying my SIM will be delivered today.
    I will report back on how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lighthouse wrote: »
    I ordered mine Thursday night last week. Got an email yesterday (Tuesday) telling me my account number. Didn't get it yet.

There will be no restrictions on using the SIM card for a Wifi hotspot. However, after the 80GB monthly data limit is reached, the data speeds will slow.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There will be no restrictions on using the SIM card for a Wifi hotspot. However, after the 80GB monthly data limit is reached, the data speeds will slow.

That's good because I'm with Lycamobile now and use it all the time as a WiFi hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Am I right to say that it's your card that's debited every month as opposed to a traditional direct debit? At least with DD you can notify the company you're cancelling and then stop the DD on your end.

That will make cancelling the service that bit harder - last time I cancelled a service where my card was debited monthly they 'forgot' to cancel the billing on their end. Took a long time to get the money back.

I hope I'm wrong as I'm tempted to switch!

My signal seems fine anyway. I've been in Wexford, Dublin, and Portlaoise with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

So I intend to sign up 3 family members after I get my sim and my plan original was to order the sims on November 1st. That would mean my net payment or December 1st.
    But I read now that billing date is 1st each month and Payment is taken 7 days later.
    So do you guys think that if I pay for 3 sims on November 1st that they will take a further €30 in November 8th? That would be €60 before any of their sims arrive and the way they’re processing at the moment I could be fight up to a third Payment by the time the sims actually arrived.

Or if I order on the 1st would the first actual bill issue December 8th?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

KOR101 wrote: »
    I hope not as it's the reason I bought mine. Still waiting...

Literally that’s 14th question on the first post. At least read the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is there any codes you can input like lyca to check your balance??

*137#

This is a bill phone(pay monthly), no credit involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

jimmy86 wrote: »
    This is a bill phone(pay monthly), no credit involved.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

Remaining data allowance etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Not that I'm aware of! You do have more minutes available than there are in a month, and data is throttled if you exceed the 80gb, you won't be charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

seligehgit wrote:
    Remaining data allowance etc...

I haven't received my card yet so this is just a guess but I'd imagine you can track your usage by logging into your online account. I have no doubt that eventually there will be an app to make it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I received 2 sims for 2 separate phones but don't know which sim goes in which phone???

Anyway I can find out? I have sent 2 emails and trying online chat but no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

I received 2 sims for 2 separate phones but don't know which sim goes in which phone???

Anyway I can find out? I have sent 2 emails and trying online chat but no response.

When you log on to GoMo.ie go to the Account Deatisl page and you will see the phone number (085xxxxxxx) associated with the email you gave them

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Good thread

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Hi all! My phone is asking me for voicemail details.
    Can anyone help?

When you log on to GoMo.ie go to the Account Deatisl page and you will see the phone number (085xxxxxxx) associated with the email you gave them

That 085 ..... number is the new sim number - I still don't know which of my existing numbers that relates to.

I'm tempted to just put it in one of the phones but I don't want to lose contacts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hey, so my parents numbers are due to port tomorrow. They are on a multi-line bill pay account with three and the contract is up. I was wondering though if I put in the Parent number which is at the top of the bill, or the account number which is different next to both of their numbers. Contacted support for gomo and they didn't know what I was on about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

That 085 ..... number is the new sim number - I still don't know which of my existing numbers that relates to.

I read somewhere that the information is on the package outside label. I don't know whether you received the SIMs in separate packages or not.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the information is on the package outside label. I don't know whether you received the SIMs in separate packages or not.

I did but both of them have the same number on them though one is 83 and the other is 083 - my two numbers are 083 and 087. An hour later and still no online chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hi all! My phone is asking me for voicemail details.
    Can anyone help?

Dial 171 and set up your mailbox , you will have to set up a pin and your Voicemail messages.

Very easy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nippedin

No 3G or 4G with my Xiaomi Mi 9I after switching to GoMo Ireland from Tesco.
    I was with Tesco mobile and 3G and 4G worked fine on the phone with them.
    I tried the GoMo SIM in another phone and it worked fine in it.
    I can make and receive calls and send and receive messages on the GoMo network.
    I have reset the APN and still no internet and I have tried putting in the APN manually, still no internet.
    I have been in touch with GoMo support through Facebook DM but they are obviously very busy and slow to get back to me.
    Anyone any ideas on how I can resolve this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

nippedin wrote: »
    No 3G or 4G with my Xiaomi Mi 9I after switching to GoMo Ireland from Tesco.
    I was with Tesco mobile and 3G and 4G worked fine on the phone with them.
    I tried the GoMo SIM in another phone and it worked fine in it.
    I can make and receive calls and send and receive messages on the GoMo network.
    I have reset the APN and still no internet and I have tried putting in the APN manually, still no internet.
    I have been in touch with GoMo support through Facebook DM but they are obviously very busy and slow to get back to me.
    Anyone any ideas on how I can resolve this?
    I'd recommend a full reset of your phones network settings, then reboot your device and test again. Tesco use 3 Irelands network, which is the same frequency as Eir / GoMo so it should work the exact same as before.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/xiaomi/xiaomi-mi-9/reset-network-settings/

Advertisement