Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert : Marlay Park : July 8th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I hear houses in some local estates had two tickets popped in the letterbox today. Mustn't have sold well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I hear houses in some local estates had two tickets popped in the letterbox today. Mustn't have sold well at all.

They get them as residents for being put out by the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If they get 10-15000 they would be happy I'd say

At the end of the day a lot of out door gigs this year, the price of tickets and the fact they only played the 3arena last November.

Any idea of the stage times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

That was published before the facebook post allowing chairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The Nal wrote: »
    They get them as residents for being put out by the gig

Not that widely. They usually distribute some via the Residents Associations, who usually have a raffle or draw to give them out. I've never heard of tickets being stuck in the letterbox before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyone got stage times for tomorrow?

What are my chances of getting in on spec if I just rock up to the venue?

Have early critical work meeting on Monday - but f**k that, it's Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Anyone know how early do you have to be there to be able to get to the front, and is it a mad rush when you get in the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Fergus wrote: »
    Anyone know how early do you have to be there to be able to get to the front, and is it a mad rush when you get in the gate?

Wasnt that mad in November to be honest, I got right up very easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

There's three girls out the front right now queuing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

There's three girls out the front right now queuing :)

Despite the fact that it was clearly stated that no queuing would be allowed...

Deagol wrote: »
    Despite the fact that it was clearly stated that no queuing would be allowed...

I don't know how they are going to enforce that. It's a public path outside the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

I don't know how they are going to enforce that. It's a public path outside the gate

Garda: Move along please

Beer garden being setup at the ballinteer house

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

What time does the gate open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What time does the gate open?

I'm not too bothered about the support acts, what time would you say Queen will actually take the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Watching 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert to get in the mood. There was a great lineup; Axl Rose, George Michael, David Bowie (actually mad to think that Axl still alive from that trio) Roger Daltery, Annie Lennox and others. Should be a great show later, I understand Marlay Park is the last concert of the current tour.

Having a pint now before the bus up

Looking forward to later, deff going to check out the support bands, loved the Darkness growing up, be nice to see Sir Bob in person even though the rats are average enough and queen and AB put on a great show always

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Darkness are amazing live. I urge anyone who's on the fence about the support to go and see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've one of those small light folding bags you can carry on your back and my mother brought a vary small backpack (didn't know she was bringing it). Will they be allowed in?

Also what's the best way to get to Marley Park from city centre, by public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

jamesbere wrote:
    I've one of those small light folding bags you can carry on your back and my mother brought a vary small backpack (didn't know she was bringing it). Will they be allowed in?
    Info says nothing bigger than A4 sized bag.
    jamesbere wrote:
    Also what's the best way to get to Marley Park from city centre, by public transport

16 bus from O'Connell St. straight to the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Info says nothing bigger than A4 sized bag.

16 bus from O'Connell St. straight to the gate.

Thanks for the transport info

My bag will be fine, I can fold it and shove it in my pocket. What I have in it can just be thrown in my pockets. My mother's bag is a worry, might be ok, it's a small big bigger then a4.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The Darkness are amazing live. I urge anyone who's on the fence about the support to go and see them.
    Ditto the Rats.

Really is a cracking line-up.

There's a tweet on The Darkness' twitter saying onstage at 6pm.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    There's a tweet on The Darkness' twitter saying onstage at 6pm.

Gates got moved to 5pm

Hopefully im in there on time for the Darkenss. Bus is direct to MP thankfully

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gates got moved to 5pm

Hopefully im in there on time for the Darkenss. Bus is direct to MP thankfully

Where'd you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Drove down. Got to MP just before 5. Strolled down through security and currently sitting down right next to the stage with what seems like a nice group of people around us. Doesn't seem to be any "pit" area blocked off and people are just roaming around. Really good atmosphere so far, really looking forward to the darkness. Bring on a great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

There are people with chairs too but they're being kept quite a bit back from the stage.

Advertisement