Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    426km is the EPA range (if memory serves me), but it's 6 years old, so you will have lost a little bit due to degradation. Originally it had 78kWh available.

I reckon city / country road driving you get about 400km. At 120km/h GPS speed on the motorway you'd get about 300km (in good weather)

Agree with the above although I’ve never done a range test on my 85.

98% shows 464km on the rated range but that’s not realistic.

I’ve done one motorway run at above the above speeds and worked out about 250km to a charge but I have the P version and was using the P motor for the trip ;) so the above figures would deffo be achievable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I always reckon 360kms is realistic motorway/N roads driving range in Summer, good few of us 85 owners here have out first Winter to see what the range drops to

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

slave1 wrote: »
    I always reckon 360kms is realistic motorway/N roads driving range in Summer, good few of us 85 owners here have out first Winter to see what the range drops to

Well my range has dropped to less than 5 km until Christmas time anyway :(

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well my range has dropped to less than 5 km until Christmas time anyway :(

What's Kramer driving these days? Last lockdown he was getting epic range from his ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Here's another one, grab a bargain folks. Tesla CPO Model S, AP1, 1 year / 16000km warranty, dual chargers for 23kW AC charging, GBP30,500

Late 2014 car so over 2 years warranty left on battery and drivetrain, regardless of mileage

Linky

And it's gone. I didn't take it, I did come pretty close though!

Just FYI I did ask if they could deliver it to Belfast (or Dublin) and they said no. I know it was said here before but thought it was worth checking. Would make things easier.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Someone got a bargain!

There now is only one Tesla CPO car for sale in the whole of the UK :eek:

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Just FYI I did ask if they could deliver it to Belfast (or Dublin) and they said no. I know it was said here before but thought it was worth checking. Would make things easier.

That’s well known on here in fairness. Once you mention Dublin then they get all bothered about export. Belfast would be brilliant as it’s seriously cuts down on the collection travel arrangements.

Gumbo wrote: »
    That’s well known on here in fairness. Once you mention Dublin then they get all bothered about export. Belfast would be brilliant as it’s seriously cuts down on the collection travel arrangements.

We won't have to worry about this too much. There mightn't ever be another Tesla UK CPO car being imported into Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Here's another one, grab a bargain folks. Tesla CPO Model S, AP1, 1 year / 16000km warranty, dual chargers for 23kW AC charging, GBP30,500

Late 2014 car so over 2 years warranty left on battery and drivetrain, regardless of mileage

Linky

It's the same one you posted earlier up the page. Teslascout says it first listed last MOnday and came down from 32,900 to 30,500 before someone took it. 30.5k was a good price for that car. Ap1, dual chargers, power tailgate and 1 year warranty.

garo wrote: »
    power tailgate

And here was me thinking that was standard on all Model S. Until I got my current 2018 car. With no leather seats, no sunroof, no power tailgate.

• Advertisement

Yep I thought so too but I think it used to be part of the tech package and then premium package before becoming standard sometime in 2018.
    https://tesla-info.com/blog/tesla-model-history.php

The 4 owner car is a real bargain now (1500 lower than when first posted):
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010205211188
    Cheapest I've seen a Model S: 25495. Car has been on sale for a while and I think they want rid. Has full CPO warranty for 6200 miles or Jan 22.
    Smart sus, Premium audio, Leather, Dual chargers, free SC.

And I think this one is the best bargain of all.
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009264248858
    Tesla warranty to June 2022. I think it's the CPO because car was registered Dec 2014. But worth checking. 31k, white, AP, ultra hi-fi, 79k miles.

Yeah a bargain. Not the cheapest car Tesla ever sold anywhere in the world of course. But still a bargain :p

I honestly have no idea why that is still for sale. If anyone is listening - sell your sh1tty diesel and buy this car. Best thing you've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Out of curiosity, are Teslas hard to insure?

One more:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010024530763
    Cheapest facelift seen here?

NIMAN wrote: »

Not particularly. Some insurers won't insure them. Aviva seems to have stopped doing so recently. But many other such as AXA, AIG, 123.ie still do it. Gumbo is paying 283 for his through a group scheme. I was quoted 491 by 123.ie.

I’m paying €283 on a performance model but like all insurance, it’s person specific. And on top of that, I got the Covid refund from them so nett cost is only like €253 or something.

When I toyed with the idea of a Tesla S I had very little success getting a quote. Most were 6-700+ (My current insurance is just under €400) and there was probably only 2-3 insurers who would quote me, lots didn't have the car on their system.

When I toyed with the idea of a Tesla S I had very little success getting a quote. Most were 6-700+ (My current insurance is just under €400)

Is that an unreasonable extra premium? For a car worth almost twice as much (4 times as much when new), much bigger, more costly to repair (all aluminium) and much higher performance?

I'd say you'd have a similar increase upgrading to a 2014 Mercedes S class or BMW 7-series 5l V8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

What's Kramer driving these days?

A hybrid........

KfuNb88.jpg

or not..............:D.

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Thread should be retitled, "this week's, 6 year old UK (CPO/CPO Model S bargain" :D.

This thread will effectively end on December 31st if no UK deal is achieved :(. There are very few true bargains anymore, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nope, with AIG, cheaper to insure my 151 Model S versus my previous 132 CRV

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Kramer wrote: »
    Thread should be retitled, "this week's, 6 year old UK (CPO/CPO Model S bargain" :D.

This thread will effectively end on December 31st if no UK deal is achieved :(. There are very few true bargains anymore, sadly.

Yep. Except for that yellow Ioniq for GBP14999 that's still unsold, have no idea why

We'll probably also get the occasional €3-4k Leaf and €30k Kona 64kWh. But that's all we see in here really...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Same here, change from fully comp e60 535d to fully comp Model S 90d was 300 quid cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yep. Except for that yellow Ioniq for GBP14999 that's still unsold, have no idea why

I'd say the seller is cursing their decision to buy a yellow car now

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Dunno, I like it. Very cheap Ioniq if you get it at GBP14500, that's just €16k

Pain in the neck you have to pay someone significant money to bring it over though in these lock down times. Hardly worth the trouble.

Dunno, I like it. Very cheap Ioniq if you get it at GBP14500, that's just €16k

Pain in the neck you have to pay someone significant money to bring it over though in these lock down times. Hardly worth the trouble.

Luckily I'm within 5km of Dublin airport, not sure I'm ready to hack the 2 weeks quarantine on arriving home.

Also from what I've heard of the attitude towards Covid in the UK I'd feel safer wandering into a HSE hospital ward and randomly licking the used medical swabs

And on that note, why on earth is nobody buying that yellow GBP14,999 (!!!) asking price Ioniq EV? Yours for around GBP14,500, or €16k, a steal.

details?

I'd feel safer wandering into a HSE hospital ward and randomly licking the used medical swabs

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it :D.

You're within a stones throw of the ecars airport charger then..........sorry.......leaf taxi charger :D.

Kramer wrote: »
    Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it :D.

You're within a stones throw of the ecars airport charger then..........sorry.......leaf taxi charger :D.

Ha, yeah there's a few Leaf taxis around Swords, reckon they're keeping the airport and Dublin port chargers in business. No issues with that, now that they're paying for it same as everyone else

I'm actually well served for DC chargers, 3 within 5km

Bit bizarre that anytime I want to go anywhere there's no chargers on route and yet I have 3 so close that I'll never need to use them

• Advertisement

Is that an unreasonable extra premium? For a car worth almost twice as much (4 times as much when new), much bigger, more costly to repair (all aluminium) and much higher performance?

I'd say you'd have a similar increase upgrading to a 2014 Mercedes S class or BMW 7-series 5l V8

When everyone keeps saying their insurance on their S is 3-500 and i'm getting quotes of double that it's an unreasonable premium.

Advertisement