Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    Being sold between Clare hall shopping centre and blunden drive, no prizes for guessing. Lol

I’ve bought the odd gem from that very forecourt *ahem* over the years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct/26299429

MWNlYWQ3ZjRkODNhM2YyNzQ3MTE2ZmI3ODI4ZjFiOTQg_zPxQTVTD1qaxvSdRpIqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjAyNTgwNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Risky diesel S Class with (short) NCT for €1200

Spec looks alright too

couldn't be arsed to take a sponge to the wheels....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Akrasia wrote: »
    couldn't be arsed to take a sponge to the wheels....

Looks like its running more steel than pad against the front discs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Being sold between Clare hall shopping centre and blunden drive, no prizes for guessing. Lol

Cream C's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Cream C's?

Careful now, but yeah.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct/26299429

MWNlYWQ3ZjRkODNhM2YyNzQ3MTE2ZmI3ODI4ZjFiOTQg_zPxQTVTD1qaxvSdRpIqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjAyNTgwNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Risky diesel S Class with (short) NCT for €1200

Spec looks alright too

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26345279

A car wash and a new price.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26345279

A car wash and a new price.

The difference an 8 quid car wash can make is amazing! Looks pretty decent now

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/range-rover-hse-p38-1996/26335157

ODIzNTBiYjI1NjNiZThiOGNmMmE3YzA0ZTE3Mzc1Njdi-ZQ3k02j1TxM0mfLpOiFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjA1OTQxNzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Y2Q2MzJlN2QwYTQ0ZTI1ODdmZjgzYjljZjJjYmVhNDaxJNYxwfRlYUPxR-p5eM2SaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjA1OTQxODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Old money V8 Range Rover with brown leather, €4k

Original Irish and only 2 owners. A rare specimen indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Youd often see the term "a credit to its previous owners" but that genuinely is. 25 years old and looks as fresh as most 2 year old cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

cracking condition but the price I'm a bit hmm on , you can get some decently clean L322 03-04 ones for that money now.

e.g. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/land-rover-rangerover-20044-4l-petrol/22962785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

cracking condition but the price I'm a bit hmm on , you can get some decently clean L322 03-04 ones for that money now.

e.g. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/land-rover-rangerover-20044-4l-petrol/22962785

look at the NCT expiry date 2012 lol

trellheim wrote: »

I didn't spot that hahah. unless it was some aul lad who popped his clogs and the car was in a shed , I think theres something seriously wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

5 more years and the older one is on 56 euro tax, that'd be pretty appealing vs the 1809 for 14!

5 more years and the older one is on 56 euro tax, that'd be pretty appealing vs the 1809 for 14!

And it's crewcab at the moment ......... that makes it appealing to some folk also, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Always read the small print, it has a new NCT.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

That P38 has been converted to coil springs! Destroyed in my opinion. 4k for a Rangerover without that is awful. Also doesn't imply maintained regardless of cost. Those air systems are lovely and work fine if maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That P38 has been converted to coil springs! Destroyed in my opinion. 4k for a Rangerover without that is awful. Also doesn't imply maintained regardless of cost. Those air systems are lovely and work fine if maintained.

I don't know about working fine if maintained, I was just doing a bit of reading about them and it is one of the few issues that crops up with that model, the other main issue being the head lining sagging which has been done on that one.

It looks to be in exceptional condition and combined with the low tax I was trying to figure out a way to get to Kildare until I checked the mpg, now I wasn't expecting it to be frugal by any means but 12mpg when it was brand new has me thinking about what jacket to wear for a walk on the beach instead of ducking and diving up to Kildare.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I don't know about working fine if maintained, I was just doing a bit of reading about them and it is one of the few issues that crops up with that model, the other main issue being the head lining sagging which has been done on that one.

It looks to be in exceptional condition and combined with the low tax I was trying to figure out a way to get to Kildare until I checked the mpg, now I wasn't expecting it to be frugal by any means but 12mpg when it was brand new has me thinking about what jacket to wear for a walk on the beach instead of ducking and diving up to Kildare.

Main thing that causes those systems to fail is not maintaining the airbag springs. Causes the compressor to over work. Compressor is very easily refurbed too. Can buy a kit for about 15 quid online. Not very original if you remove one of its main features. But that's just my opinion.

Martin thing that causes those systems to fail is not maintaining the airbag springs. Causes the compressor to over work. Compressor is very easily refurbed too. Can buy a kit for about 15 quid online. Not very original if you remove one of its main features. But that's just my opinion.

the magic of the Range Rover has always been the air suspension, wouldn't dream of putting mine on springs.

the magic of the Range Rover has always been the air suspension, wouldn't dream of putting mine on springs.

I've owned both P38 and L322 RRs. Putting them on springs is like snapping the star of your Mercedes so a scum bag won't nick it!

• Advertisement

I've owned both P38 and L322 RRs. Putting them on springs is like snapping the star of your Mercedes so a scum bag won't nick it!

my l322 has the active damping shocks too , that and the air together make it like driving a very heavy cloud

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Love the P38 model of range rover but wallet would never survive the absolute battering it would get if I bought one and it suffered a major mechanical failure like that suspension.

So I've pretty much given up the idea of ever actually owning one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Love the P38 model of range rover but wallet would never survive the absolute battering it would get if I bought one and it suffered a major mechanical failure like that suspension.

So I've pretty much given up the idea of ever actually owning one :(

That's the one to buy, it's on springs. Convert it to Lpg and you might actually be able to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

crazyjim wrote: »
    Price drop to €2,650. I think sellers need a reality check on their Barge asking prices.

Price drop to €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/huge-spec-mercedes-benz-s350-s-class-new-nct/25505337

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Huge Spec ... specification to follow :rolleyes:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Huge Spec ... specification to follow :rolleyes:

and judging by the console buttons and not mentioning other bits I'm going to say its about 4/10 up the s class spec ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

I'm going to say its about 4/10 up the s class spec ladder
    I've always wondered why go for an new S class if you're not going for all the bells and whistles , paddyspec aside if thats the motor you want then price isnt your first bullet point

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've always wondered why go for an new S class if you're not going for all the bells and whistles , paddyspec aside if thats the motor you want then price isnt your first bullet point

Maybe they considered that it had plenty bells and whistles as standard which to be fair at the time was surely an impressive machine.
    Its easy to say now when the whole car is worth pennies thst it would be nicer with more toys. If the bill is 30k for the same toys, most will do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seems like a lot of flash for very little cash. Fuel economy
    probably makes it unsuitable for PSV use....hence limited market and great bargain for a discriminating private buyer.

• Advertisement

Seems like a lot of flash for very little cash. Fuel economy
    probably makes it unsuitable for PSV use....hence limited market and great bargain for a discriminating private buyer.

Too old now, the oldest a car can be to be used as a first time taxi now is 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement