Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

suci2016 wrote: »
    I assume we got the same email. It’s disappointing but not all that surprising. I can understand it from their point of view in some ways, if all 60 house owners wanted to do minor changes, move a socket here, change a fitting there etc etc it would be a nightmare for the builders. If the houses were built prior being sold we wouldn’t have the option either way. Don’t get me wrong, there are things I’d like added/altered etc but can understand why they won’t entertain it.

I’ve still seen no activity on site, I pass it daily so hopefully the site clearance will commence shortly. Won’t take too long to clear in any case. And as of this moment no contracts received.....no surprise if it’s pushed out to next week.

In the document I got last night it confirms that the contracts were being sent out week commencing 10/10 (Seemed more official and accountable than the normal "next week" comment).

It also stated that building work was due to commence the beginning of Nov and complete on a staggered basis starting March 2018.

Yeah, I expected it too but it's just annoying knowing that Ballymore who are right next to us literally are allowed to ammend theirs, the also pay less per sq/mtr and have higher quality fixtures and fittings.

Was hoping Castlethorn would be a bit more open to it considering their competition but obviously house buyers desperation has meant they can do it the easiest/cheapest way possible for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

mikehene wrote: »
    I assume we got the same email. It’s disappointing but not all that surprising. I can understand it from their point of view in some ways, if all 60 house owners wanted to do minor changes, move a socket here, change a fitting there etc etc it would be a nightmare for the builders. If the houses were built prior being sold we wouldn’t have the option either way. Don’t get me wrong, there are things I’d like added/altered etc but can understand why they won’t entertain it.

I’ve still seen no activity on site, I pass it daily so hopefully the site clearance will commence shortly. Won’t take too long to clear in any case. And as of this moment no contracts received.....no surprise if it’s pushed out to next week.

In the document I got last night it confirms that the contracts were being sent out week commencing 10/10 (Seemed more official and accountable than the normal "next week" comment).

It also stated that building work was due to commence the beginning of Nov and complete on a staggered basis starting March 2018.

Yeah, I expected it too but it's just annoying knowing that Ballymore who are right next to us literally are allowed to ammend theirs, the also pay less per sq/mtr and have higher quality fixtures and fittings.

Was hoping Castlethorn would be a bit more open to it considering their competition but obviously house buyers desperation has meant they can do it the easiest/cheapest way possible for themselves.
    Camden is due to launch this Autumn as well - maybe they'll be out before the contracts are?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

elainers wrote: »

Camden is due to launch this Autumn as well - maybe they'll be out before the contracts are?

I’ve heard that Ballymore aren’t launching until the New Year now....

I’ve heard that Ballymore aren’t launching until the New Year now....

I spoke with them this afternoon and they seem a bit more realistic. They said they hope to release them before xmas but maybe after.

Interesting that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

Dose anyone know if we will own the Freehold to the property or the Leasehold? With regards exclusive use and no Freehold at the front of the house, dose this mean I cant change windows, door, put up a satellite dish etc. but the back of the house i can do what i like with within permissions and regulations? Essentially, i want to know if i own the land and not just the bricks and mortar.

Also still nothing about contracts. Anyone else had any news from their solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rdoyle16

nmeg wrote: »
    Dose anyone know if we will own the Freehold to the property or the Leasehold? With regards exclusive use and no Freehold at the front of the house, dose this mean I cant change windows, door, put up a satellite dish etc. but the back of the house i can do what i like with within permissions and regulations? Essentially, i want to know if i own the land and not just the bricks and mortar.

Also still nothing about contracts. Anyone else had any news from their solicitor.

I think the reference to no freehold to the front of the house refers to the driveway / parking. Essentially, this does not form part of the freehold and may not be designated parking.

That's my interpretation of the response provided anyway...

No news yet on contacts either.

rdoyle16 wrote: »

I think the reference to no freehold to the front of the house refers to the driveway / parking. Essentially, this does not form part of the freehold and may not be designated parking.

This would have been my understanding as well - you own the land the house and garden is on but the rest is like an access agreement. Not sure on parking - I've heard in other development, they've had a specific space linked to their house in the contracts which would suggest designated. But it probably isn't owned freehold by the buyer.

Thanks for this.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this.

My understanding is you will have freehold of the property and rear garden but the front/side hedges etc are under the estate control (part of the management fee for the upkeep). You will have a right of way to enter your house over said land. The car space(s) again are not part of the freehold but you will be given “exclusive use” of a space(s) essentially a designated space(s). There will be obligations attached I assume I.e keep the space clean and tidy etc but are generally fully enforceable and unable to be taken away without your consent.

It will be clear in the contracts, whenever they’re ready to be sent out....looking like next week at this stage! Another week rolls by!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Can anyone tell me the prices for the 3 beds?

a523504 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the prices for the 3 beds?

Ranged from €325k to €365k dependant on house style, size and direction garden was facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

myshirt wrote: »
    Price doesn't seem to reflect they are timber frame.

Property valuation came back confirming timber frame

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Property valuation came back confirming timber frame

I wouldn't expect much of a difference between block or timer frame construction to be honest.

Anyone receive a contract yet?

• Advertisement

Nope

Nothing as yet!

Nothing either.....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Daithon

Iv put a deposit down on a Type 1 off Pellestown Avenue. As of yet no word on the contracts from my solicitor.

We have walked the show houses in Adamstown which are pretty similar (slightly bigger and minor differences inside) but it gave a good idea of the finished product. looked very good there.

Daithon wrote: »
    Iv put a deposit down on a Type 1 off Pellestown Avenue. As of yet no word on the contracts from my solicitor.

We have walked the show houses in Adamstown which are pretty similar (slightly bigger and minor differences inside) but it gave a good idea of the finished product. looked very good there.

@Daithon can you share the details for the show house in Adamstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

I think it's these:
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/new-homes-for-sale/st-helens-adamstown-dublin-82209/

I went out twice to take a look as I was told they'll be 99% the same as Rathborne - they are of decent quality.

St Helens in Adamstow , the link in the post above is the same development. I think they might have stopped now though.

We went out doe a spin to St Helen's today. I was not overly impressed with the colour of the brick. Do we know if this is going to be the same in Rathborne park?

We went out doe a spin to St Helen's today. I was not overly impressed with the colour of the brick. Do we know if this is going to be the same in Rathborne park?

the brochure for Rathborne Park has a light coloured brick doesn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

Hi everyone,

I have followed up with Savills on the contracts and was informed that 'Contracts are issued by the Developers Solicitor direct to your Solicitor and Castlethorn told that they were due to go out last week. '.
    Does anyone know the Developers' Solicitor and if we can follow-up with them? or anyone heard any news from their solicitors?

Thank you

Byrne Wallace are listed as the solicitors on the Rathborne Park Brochure.

Iv sent off a number of extra queries to the Developers also.

when is construction going to start? and any date for phase 2 signup yet?

when is construction going to start? and any date for phase 2 signup yet?
    Construction due to start in November.

I'd imagine Phase 2 will come online pretty soon after Phase 1 given the demand and the fact they have planning for the full build out.

I'd say once the first set of Phase 1 houses are handed over they will likely look to start signing people up for Phase 2. So prob April / May next year?

FYI - latest update from Savills received this morning....

"I received an update from Castlethorn this morning, they had a meeting with architects on Wednesday confirming last comments on the drawings and are pushing to get contracts out by the end of next week.

I will send you a confirmation email once they have been sent."

I got a type 1 yesterday due to cancellation. I called at a lucky time. Does anyone have a realistic time frame that I can expect to move in by?

• Advertisement

a523504 wrote:
    I got a type 1 yesterday due to cancellation. I called at a lucky time. Does anyone have a realistic time frame that I can expect to move in by?

Be happy to be in by this time next year to be honest...site is untouched

Has anyone taken a look around the Grace Park Wood development launched by castlethorn this past weekend ?

"The Elm" seems to be identical layout and size to the House Type 1A (with utility) from Rathborne Park. There was no equivalent 1B, but it was good to get a sense of the space upstairs.

One query I've had was on the shelf at the end of the bath... if you're taps and shower head was at that end (like in St Helans) it's impossible to fit a bath screen

Rumours are the contracts were finalised on Friday last and due to be sent out early this week. Wouldn’t hold my breath but hopefully this weeks the week!

Still no sign of activity on site yet (as of this morning) but still being advised that works are to commence this month.

Will keep you updated if our solicitor receives anything.

Cheers

Rumours are the contracts were finalised on Friday last and due to be sent out early this week. Wouldn’t hold my breath but hopefully this weeks the week!

Still no sign of activity on site yet (as of this morning) but still being advised that works are to commence this month.

Will keep you updated if our solicitor receives anything.

Cheers

Was that advice from Savills?

We were told by Savills this morning that Castlethorn were still waiting on final drawings from Architect prior to their solicitor finalising contracts, which are to be issued this week.

Unfortunately this is the same advice we have received each week for past 3 weeks!!

Fingers crossed they will be out this week, but I won't get over excited until I see them!!

Was that advice from Savills?

We were told by Savills this morning that Castlethorn were still waiting on final drawings from Architect prior to their solicitor finalising contracts, which are to be issued this week.

Unfortunately this is the same advice we have received each week for past 3 weeks!!

Fingers crossed they will be out this week, but I won't get over excited until I see them!!

This is what Savills advised this afternoon but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt going on previous similar promises. Won’t be holding my breath anyway.

I’d rather they just start on site to be honest to prevent further delays down the line. Contracts don’t need to be signed to start Phase 1 so sooner they’re on site the better!

The wait continues....

suci2016 wrote:
    I’d rather they just start on site to be honest to prevent further delays down the line. Contracts don’t need to be signed to start Phase 1 so sooner they’re on site the better!

Couldn't agree more I know folks who signed contracts in Alderlie build in Dec and didn't move in until Aug..bear in mind there were foundations in the ground when they signed there contracts. Rathborne Park is going to be a tedious long long wait for keys.

So just been informed the contracts are on there way out to the Solicitors as of today. I'm sure one way or another we'll find out for sure by Friday.

Our solicitor just confirmed they have received contracts today so that’s good news, finally!

Has anyone else's solicitor received contracts?

Still waiting on ours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 rapscallion1

Has anyone else's solicitor received contracts?

Still waiting on ours...

Not yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nhd

Hi, our solicitor also confirmed he has received the contract yesterday.

nhd wrote:
    Hi, our solicitor also confirmed he has received the contract yesterday.

Can I ask what street are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nhd

Hi MayoSalmon, On Pelletstown Av, how about yourself?

nhd wrote:
    Hi MayoSalmon, On Pelletstown Av, how about yourself?

Rathborne Square..nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rapscallion1

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Rathborne Square..nothing yet

I'm on Rathborne Square too and nothing yet either.

• Advertisement

Have many people received their contracts yet ?

We are on Pelletstown Ave and it hasn't arrived with the solicitors as of yesterday.

No word yet on mine but to be honest, I'd far prefer if they progressed starting on the site than send out the contract quickly.

I'm on Rathborne View and no sign of ours yet, however i'm on the same page as elainers. Really starting to worry about move in dates.

For those of you who have received their contracts, did Castlethorn provide you with any projected completion/move in dates? Also, did you receive info on the parking scheme?

If it's the same as Alderlie, my understanding is they give up to two years to complete the house in the contract. Which is a long time to have a contractual obligation to buy a house hanging over you.

It's also way off the estimates they gave the day we paid booking deposits (March or June for me me depending on who you were talking to). So that's why I'd like to see the site kick off soon - preferably before I sign anything. I've been told too many times work starts this week to quite believe it at this point.

If it's the same as Alderlie, my understanding is they give up to two years to complete the house in the contract. Which is a long time to have a contractual obligation to buy a house hanging over you.

It's also way off the estimates they gave the day we paid booking deposits (March or June for me me depending on who you were talking to). So that's why I'd like to see the site kick off soon - preferably before I sign anything. I've been told too many times work starts this week to quite believe it at this point.

Yeah, we were told May for our house but I would be happy if we were in by July TBH. I believe we have 28 days in which to sign the contracts to avail to the free white goods, so i plan on waiting till seeing work start on the development.

• Advertisement
Advertisement