Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

He's been struggling with form since The Open. Would be nice to see him get some of that back, even a Top 20 finish in the next comp would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

etxp wrote: »
    He's been struggling with form since The Open. Would be nice to see him get some of that back, even a Top 20 finish in the next comp would be good.

To be fair, he had two top-15s in the last 2 comps before the weekend just gone (BMW at Wentworth and Dunhill Links). He hasn't fallen apart but he should be looking at a strong finish.

People do realise these tournaments are all ultra competitive right? You can't just rock up and expect a Top 10, Top 5 or a win. They have to be earned through excellent play.

I think Shane has been doing fine since the Open win with all the extra attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Exactly wrote: »
    People do realise these tournaments are all ultra competitive right? You can't just rock up and expect a Top 10, Top 5 or a win. They have to be earned through excellent play.

I think Shane has been doing fine since the Open win with all the extra attention.

He has been shooting par or over in his first rounds since the Open while the leaders have been 6 or 7 under after the first day.He needs to start playing sub par first rounds again and be in the top ten instead of
    70th or 80th

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Open Champion, 2 wins so far in 2019, 3rd on race to Dubai, just misses out on Tour Championship, card, majors, career sorted for the next five years, inside top 20 in the world from a very precarious position at the end of 2018 and people still having a pop!

Hard to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

He has been shooting par or over in his first rounds since the Open while the leaders have been 6 or 7 under after the first day.He needs to start playing sub par first rounds again and be in the top ten instead of
    70th or 80th

Since the open he has played 5 times I think, 3 in Europe & 2 in the US making 4 out of 5 cuts

https://www.europeantour.com/players/shane-lowry-36489/

2 top 15 finishes with 6 out of 8 rounds under par in the 2 ET events after the Open.... picking out his over par or par first rounds is a bit odd since there are so many factors to take into account, predominately weather and in the dunhill which course.

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.33204.shane-lowry.html
    Made 2 cuts on the PGA - nothing spectacular but hardly a catastrophe either

A bad weekend in Italy no doubt, but it's hardly the doomsday scenario you are painting

First round of ZOZO Championship in Japan today,leader Tiger Woods -6,Shane Lowry in 33rd place on +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,511 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lowry is in a tie for 33rd which isn't a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

3 shots off T7.

But early for the panic button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lowry is in a tie for 33rd which isn't a bad start.

Good weekend, currently T12

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like he was one off the lowest final round finishing 13th

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Nice progression throughout the tournament - 71, 69, 67, 65.

Once again playing catch up after a level par first round in Shanghai.Strange that the sluggish indifferent first rounds continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Started off well but fluffed it towards the end. A good second round could get him back in the mix. Would agree that he seems to be starting tournaments slowly and building into them but leaving himself too far behind early to mount a challenge.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Luckily there is no cut,so he has a chance to improve in rounds three and four

Chance for Shane to move back to the top of the Race to Dubai this week. He's not in the entry list for next week's tournament, so needs a good week to keep his hopes of winning the Race alive.

I see that Shane is playing alongside Wiesberger and Rose tomorrow. Tee off at 12 noon local time - 3 pm Irish time.

Fancy him to do well this week. Has played a few events recently so hopefully in the groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

12 noon Turkey time is 9am Irish time.

Sorry, got that backwards.

• Advertisement

They put up the time of where you are I think so 12 is 12 here.

Remind me wrote: »
    They put up the time of where you are I think so 12 is 12 here.

He's out at 9am Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Big opportunity this week with Rahm not playing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Stuck on par again after 17 holes,already 7 shots behind leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Managed to sneak in a bit of watching earlier & he seemed to be playing really good golf tee to green, but couldn't make a putt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Stuck on par again after 17 holes,already 7 shots behind leader.
    Birdied the first and bogeyed the par 5 13th. Parred everything else.

Nice start this morning. -3 thru 5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Heard a snippet of his post round interview yesterday and he said he could not have played better tee to green but couldn't get it in the hole, missed three inside three feet early on and after that they wouldn't drop.
    I can appreciate that (not the perfect tee to green piece).
    Shane has been and so far has no indications he will change from being a hot/cold putter and that will determine how he gets on.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Great round today -7.

Advertisement