Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Nationals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I like the look of gallant Oscar if he can get in. ran 4th behind druid's nephew at chelt and will be better price on the day and have a better weight. Saying that I fancy Druid's also ha

He is 57th on the list at the moment although Martin trains one of them so you could say 56th. Very interesting to see what they do as he is clear fav for the Irish National Monday week. If he gets in his price will drop rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

So what do our experts reckon for the National at this moment in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Merry King ruled out of Aintree and Hadrian's Approach a very doubtful runner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

how close is gallant Oscar to getting in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

how close is gallant Oscar to getting in now!

Think still another 7? Just looked at the entries and he was on 57 out of the 40 i think with lord wind, teaforthree, merry king, sam winner, hadrians approach and benviilo to drop out of the 40 i think with injuries and not running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Has Culloty said Lord Windermere isn't running? I must have missed that. I thought he may be leaving him in to keep the weights down for Spring Heeled?

Has Culloty said Lord Windermere isn't running? I must have missed that. ?
    Sure he's still waiting on Davy to get off him when he finishes the Gold Cup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

madmoose wrote: »
    Think still another 7? Just looked at the entries and he was on 57 out of the 40 i think with lord wind, teaforthree, merry king, sam winner, hadrians approach and benviilo to drop out of the 40 i think with injuries and not running.

also tony martin has a horse in it just above gallant. could he pull him to gallant in

also tony martin has a horse in it just above gallant. could he pull him to gallant in

Course he can and will

Has Culloty said Lord Windermere isn't running? I must have missed that. I thought he may be leaving him in to keep the weights down for Spring Heeled?

Looks like Lord Windermere is running, Robbie McNamara confirmed as jockey. Spring Heeled looks like being ridden by Nick Schofield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Whats everyone fancy for the Irish National?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

I threw on Balthazar King today each way. Only one I was fairly sure of. Class act and all going well should at the very least place. Decided against Rocky Creek due to his tendency to fade like last year and the poor odds, not great each way value.

Want to throw on two more but its so wide open I just cant decide. The shortlist I came up with was Al Co, Godsmejudge(reservations over a poor last outing), Across the Bay(has had a poor season but likes Aintree and would have been in the shake up last year only for the fact he was impeded by a few loose horse whilst leading) and Alvarado.

Could also make arguments for The Druids Nephew and Cause of Causes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

How is Cantlow favourite for the Irish National? Yes obviously the Mccoy and JP factor and has a respectable run off a higher mark at the course from last year but 9/1 is slightly incredulous.

Bookies really are taking the mickie with McCoy's remaining big race rides.

How is Cantlow favourite for the Irish National? Yes obviously the Mccoy and JP factor and has a respectable run off a higher mark at the course from last year but 9/1 is slightly incredulous.

Bookies really are taking the mickie with McCoy's remaining big race rides.

I'd say a good few are backing these at big prices and laying the hell out of them nearer the day. He was around 20's a couple of days ago

Miall108 wrote: »
    I threw on Balthazar King today each way. Only one I was fairly sure of. Class act and all going well should at the very least place. Decided against Rocky Creek due to his tendency to fade like last year and the poor odds, not great each way value.

Want to throw on two more but its so wide open I just cant decide. The shortlist I came up with was Al Co, Godsmejudge(reservations over a poor last outing), Across the Bay(has had a poor season but likes Aintree and would have been in the shake up last year only for the fact he was impeded by a few loose horse whilst leading) and Alvarado.

Could also make arguments for The Druids Nephew and Cause of Causes

Might want to read the question again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm going with Los Amigos and The Job Is Right and I like both their profiles, racing weights and ability to handle ground

Los Amigos is in great form lately and is the type to progress to this kind of race. He's been lightly raced in the past year becuase of some small issues and that could be beneficial to his chances.

The Job Is Right has been in cracking form lately too placing at Leaopardstown Christmas Festival, should have finished second to Djakadam in the Thyestes and then placing at Cheltenham. He's 7 years old and progressing quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lots of Memories

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did up a bit of a preview for the Irish National > http://www.irishtipster.com/previews/32-preview-irish-grand-national-06-04

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Gallant Oscar was favourite for the Irish National a few weeks ago when I looked at the betting. He's not running at Fairyhouse and is 25's at Aintree. I've backed him twice, in the Thyestes and at Cheltenham both e/w, and he returned the place part of the bet on both occasions. Think I'll back him e/w again at Aintree.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Gallant Oscar was favourite for the Irish National a few weeks ago when I looked at the betting. He's not running at Fairyhouse and is 25's at Aintree. I've backed him twice, in the Thyestes and at Cheltenham both e/w, and he returned the place part of the bet on both occasions. Think I'll back him e/w again at Aintree.

Still not guaranteed to get in at the moment is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Still not guaranteed to get in at the moment is he?

Dunno. The field hasn't been finalised yet, he could be a reserve right up to the last minute? Curious why he wasn't run at Fairyhouse if he might not get a run at Aintree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Prob run at ayr gallant oscar and is 14/1 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

presumably there's a 5 day declaration today?

Don't think Gallant Oscar will get in, needs 7 more to come out after the latest declaration stage yesterday. You'd imagine most left in at this stage are now intended runners. He could be the bet for Ayr though.

I'm coming around to Al Co for the National. You can set your calender by the Peter Bowen yard and sure enough the yard is starting to hit form at the right time with 2 winners and 2 seconds yesterday.
    Bowen is a master at getting them ready for Aintree as he has shown with Always Waining winning the Topham three years in a row. Also his prep over hurdles is as good a trial as any and he showed enough to put him near the top of any shortlist.

I wish Powers would refund my stake on Merry King

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

heres my 3
    night in milan
    owega star
    chance du roy
    happy picking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Heart says Rubi due to family connections.

Head says Balthazar King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Saint Are and Night in Milan for me

Advertisement