Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

My bad haha but we should have the Familiarisation materials a few daysnin advance

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

daniel1390 wrote: »
    My bad haha but we should have the Familiarisation materials a few daysnin advance

I thought so too...maybe we'll receive them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I thought so too...maybe we'll receive them today.

It’s a bit of a joke do ain’t it, how are we suppose to prepare for an exam when we don’t no what tests to prepare for hahaha it’s a bit unfair I think, we should have got that a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

vardy98 wrote: »
    It’s a bit of a joke do ain’t it, how are we suppose to prepare for an exam when we don’t no what tests to prepare for hahaha it’s a bit unfair I think, we should have got that a week ago.

I completely agree. Also checked public jobs and no new messages or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

It’s a bit odd alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

al1990 wrote: »
    It’s a bit odd alright

Would I look like a hound if I emailed Public Jobs?

sazxox wrote: »
    Would I look like a hound if I emailed Public Jobs?

I emailed them, got no word back

perfect will you let us know :)

Same as that I emailed them too yeasterday afternoon, I got no word back either, strange.

vardy98 wrote: »
    Same as that I emailed them too yeasterday afternoon, I got no word back either, strange.

still no word no?

• Advertisement

out now finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Looks like they have changed the way they do verbal and logical reasoning, no time limit and 15 questions based on Adaptive technology meaning the better you do the harder it gets

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Looks like they have changed the way they do verbal and logical reasoning, no time limit and 15 questions based on Adaptive technology meaning the better you do the harder it gets

I’m not sure if I like this how can you pass or fail in this test I wonder, I never expected this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

Is the Practice Assessments link bugged for anyone else? all i have is ''Click below to start" and "Loading Content"

Yeah, not what I was expecting at all!!! I suppose we will have to set timers for ourselfs?

I might email career services and ask what they reccommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

Is the Practice Assessments link bugged for anyone else? all i have is ''Click below to start" and "Loading Content"

Working now

Just thinking there obvs assessing time management skills too on these ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Has anybody completed it yet? Just finished mine there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sexybitch1234

Has anybody completed it yet? Just finished mine there.

How did you find it difficult? Easy?

How did you find it difficult? Easy?

I didn’t enjoy it at all, I found it very different to the tests on the career services course.
    Hoping I did well enough to proceed to stage 2.

• Advertisement

how long did you spend on verbal and logical each ? did you stick to time frame??

I didn’t enjoy it at all, I found it very different to the tests on the career services course.
    Hoping I did well enough to proceed to stage 2.

Really? Did the questions get more difficult as you went through them? I’m going to do them at the weekend, very surprised they changed the format! Seems much harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

I've only done the practice assessment and it seems much harder than years previous.. Even with the practice assessment, they only give three example questions for logical/verbal whereas years before they gave full test examples.

They must really be trying to tighten who gets in and who doesn't..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

I doubt that as there was supposed to be 800 For 2019, but only 600 applicants will be taken on as Garda Trainees, with 800 more places to follow in 2020 for the next campaign. Look guy's the best we could do is only our best.

Does anyone know can I log in and do the logical ones and then wait until weekend to do verbal of do they all have to be done at same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Does anyone know can I log in and do the logical ones and then wait until weekend to do verbal of do they all have to be done at same time?

Everything is competed in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Does anyone when when we'll hear back from this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Does anyone when when we'll hear back from this stage?

End of may or early June

Found it fairly difficult, was way different to the online course that Careers Services offered. Bit annoyed over it

• Advertisement

Found it fairly difficult, was way different to the online course that Careers Services offered. Bit annoyed over it

Oh god really?

Different in what ways?? Fair play for doing yours already!!

Oh god really?

Different in what ways?? Fair play for doing yours already!!

Like none of the questions were similar for the logical reasoning, I could do the more difficult Careers Services questions but the ones on the actual exam were on another level, the patterns and all made no sense what so ever

Like none of the questions were similar for the logical reasoning, I could do the more difficult Careers Services questions but the ones on the actual exam were on another level, the patterns and all made no sense what so ever

Exact same for myself, I thought it was just me. I swear I stared at some of those logical questions for ages and I’m sure there were no patterns.

oh god..... dreading this now.... was even your first or second q in logical reasoning easy ??

oh god..... dreading this now.... was even your first or second q in logical reasoning easy ??

I didnt even realise the different tests going past, I just kept going, some questions were handy enough but there were a few hard ones.
    Just keep your wits about you when doing it

Exact same for myself, I thought it was just me. I swear I stared at some of those logical questions for ages and I’m sure there were no patterns.

You talking about the ones with the big shapes surrounded by small shapes? They were annoying, was staring at them for ages.

• Advertisement

what was your time like or did you time it ?

what was your time like or did you time it ?

I didnt time it, wouldn't have helped I dont think, I finished all the questions. Just tried my best.

You talking about the ones with the big shapes surrounded by small shapes? They were annoying, was staring at them for ages.

Ya that’s them. Maybe it’s a good sign because they’re meant to get more difficult the more that you answer correctly!

Ya that’s them. Maybe it’s a good sign because they’re meant to get more difficult the more that you answer correctly!

Hopefully so Haha, heres hoping I get some good news in a month, if not I'll just wait until next year and my eyes will be a bit wider going in. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I think whatever will be, will be!

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »
    I think whatever will be, will be!

Have you done it yet man?

Just wondering, I completed all the tests but didnt get an email saying I completed them. Only got an email about completing the survey.
    Thanks

I think it said in the email that no confirmation email would be sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I've just completed stage 1 exams and I'd recommend go over the logical reasoning, one word to describe its impossible, some I don't think there was a proper answer, there is no sequence just guessing really ive done the career preparation course for stage one and logical was far from what he done with us, I've also bought a package with logical and verbal reasoning I was getting top marks in logical

Slic wrote: »
    I've just completed stage 1 exams and I'd recommend go over the logical reasoning, one word to describe its impossible, some I don't think there was a proper answer, there is no sequence just guessing really ive done the career preparation course for stage one and logical was far from what he done with us, I've also bought a package with logical and verbal reasoning I was getting top marks in logical

I bought the Sova ones last night as isnt that the compoany they are using ? And there actually ridiculous the practice ones like. We will all be in the same boat, dont worry! Im sure you done a lot better than you thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I bought the Sova ones last night as isnt that the compoany they are using ? And there actually ridiculous the practice ones like. We will all be in the same boat, dont worry! Im sure you done a lot better than you thought :)[/quote

If i pass it will be the skin of my teeth to be honest, hopefully I do, but have to admit logical didn't make any sence whoever did it must of been out the night before and done it at the last minute 🀣🀣 how did you find the rest of
    Exam??

where did you buy the Sova practice tests man?

I havnt done it yet, only bought the practice sova ones last night after hearing all the comments!!

heres the link to them - https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/sova-assessment-practice-test

Sound man, how much were they? €50?

39 pound so whatever that is in euro :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement