Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

Oh yeah. Health insurance renewal time. The worst insurance of all. A complete conjob the way they bring 330 "new" plans to the market each year to confuse us in the hope we won't mess with what we have and just pay the extra. Rename. Repackage. Drop bits and pieces. Add bits and pieces. An entire industry of arrant shysters.

This moment, I'm particularly annoyed that I must wade through gazillions of maternity plans, breast cancer support offerings and all the rest when last time I checked I wouldn't be in the market for any of that. And then we have "Certain Special Procedures" and a whole raft of other cryptic exemptions which essentially mean I'm just going to have to ring each company and ask them.

There is a way more intelligent, consumer-friendly way to run a health insurance market. Well done on the government for allowing this anti-consumer free for all every year in an industry they're supposed to be regulating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

honeybear wrote: »
    Sitting in hairdressers with my appointment LATE AGAIN! I go back because it’s not my stylist’s fault (owner is desperate for double booking) and it’s the best wash blow dry I get. The killer is I could be sitting in a coffee shop waiting

Definitely a TA of mine also.

Doesn't happen in my regular hairdressers but in some others. And it annoys me even more when there is no effort to acknowledge the lateness or apologise for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just been informed that I’m obliged to attend the ‘name reveal’ of a pregnant relative tomorrow.

I had never even heard of one, but apparently she will reveal the name of her impending baby via icing on a cake and everyone tells her how great it is.
    Then there will be prosecco to toast it and a party.

It’s bad enough that I’ve already had to go to the gender reveal and the baby shower (and had to give gifts for both!!!).
    I don’t even know if I’m supposed to bring a present tomorrow, what does one purchase as a gift for revealing their child’s name????

So sick of all this American cr*p, this one thinks she’s a Kardashian and also the first woman to ever get pregnant.

I could maybe justify a party if she was picking something outlandish & crazy like MoonUnit or Apple, but she’s a banker to pick a normal standard name like Sarah or Niamh or something like that.

I can think of better ways to spend my Easter Sunday :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Just been informed that I’m obliged to attend the ‘name reveal’ of a pregnant relative tomorrow.

I had never even heard of one, but apparently she will reveal the name of her impending baby via icing on a cake and everyone tells her how great it is.

It’s bad enough that I’ve already had to go to the gender reveal and the baby shower (and had to give gifts for both!!!).
    I don’t even know if I’m supposed to bring a present tomorrow, what does one purchase as a gift for revealing their child’s name????

So sick of all this American cr*p, this one thinks she’s a Kardashian and also the first woman to ever get pregnant.

I could maybe justify a party if she was picking something outlandish & crazy like MoonUnit or Apple, but she’s a banker to pick a normal standard name like Sarah or Niamh or something like that.

Ahh here, tell them you can't make it, have other plans made, that is just over the top cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can you not say you had other plans already made ?
    Presents for the gender reveal , presents for baby shower , more tomorrow , and again when the baby is born ?

She won't need to buy anything at all at this rate .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Would love a decent night out, but I know that if I go out here it’ll be shíte and I’ll spend the night wishing I had stayed at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Feck that! I would say I'm washing my hair. ;)
    And definitely no more gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Massive spot after bursting out on my neck. Mount Vesuvius wouldn't have a patch on it. Maybe it's karma for eating lindt eggs today when it's only Easter Saturday...

Need to go for a shower, but I really like my makeup today and don’t wanna wash it off :(

• Advertisement

Rebel Wilson .

She annoys me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Rebel Wilson .

She annoys me .

Her voice annoys me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Deja Boo wrote: »
    My one loud neighbour is more than a ta... Everytime I open my windows for some springtime fresh air, he walks onto his patio and rings anyone who will listen to his endless inanities, and (seems to) intentionally talk loud enough so that everyone in the Western and Eastern hemisphere needs to know every detail of his phone conversation. I now know more about his stupid life than my own, only because I can hear him in every blessed room of my house (with the windows closed!) No amount of "please be quiet" from neighbours slows his rambling, he is one of those people who thinks he has every right and people deserve to hear him. I swear sometimes it seems, he is just yelling and laughing to himself on the phone! Like, look at me, I am on the phone, how popular am !! Did his mammy not give him enough love....or discipline?! Because my passive nature is ready to become aggressive on his arse.

Ah heor. This is exactly why speakers and death metal were invented. Did noone send you the memo??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah heor. This is exactly why speakers and death metal were invented. Did noone send you the memo??

....and guess who would get in trouble for that?

meeeeeeeeeeeee

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Yer him, aren't ya....

I recommend Cradle of Filth and with some Rammestein :) that's how I dealt with noisy neighbors :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭thomil

TA'd that I'll have to wait until next year to find out what happens with the crew of the USS Discovery! That was one hell of a cliff-hanger on Friday...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Just saw a picture of my dad at one of his girlfriends relatives 21st. D’ya think he came to my 21st? Did he fcuk.

(I mean, I didn’t have a 21st per say, but there was nothing stopping him coming up and taking me out or something)

That’s pissed me right off.

I'm in the glitch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Gender reveal?

Name reveal?

You must be joking ?I've never heard of such things.

Is this happening now with pregnancies regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

quickbeam wrote: »
    I do surveys. And I must be the most boring person on their books. Invariable, a question will come up like: "do you play Lotto", or "do you buy any of these cheap-ass crappy processed food types", and when I say No, I'm told I'm not suitable for the survey, and it kicks me out. It actually encourages lying and saying I do, just so I can participate and earn a few quid. They should nearly give 10% of the fee anyway even if you're not suitable, just for telling the truth.
    Count Down wrote: »
    So true and so annoying. When they ask at the start "Do you smoke/drink etc. and you truthfully answer no, they cut you out of the survey and you get no points.
    I copped on to this a good while back and I always answer yes to the initial questions, if it means I'll be able to take part in the survey and get the points.;)
    How can you make money off surveys? Is there somewhere you sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People giving out about pubs being allowed to open on Good Friday.
    A reason I often hear is it's unfair on the staff because they only have two days off in the year and they government got rid of one of them. I know lots of people who work in pubs and they have a lot of days off. If you live in a small town your local pub may only open a few days a week.
    That is such a dumb argument. The staff get at least two days off every week, along with their mandatory 20 paid days leave a year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Paddy Cow wrote: »

There is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

It’s 7 o’clock on Easter Sunday night and I have had no chocolate.
    What’s wrong with me? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have some but haven't eaten any!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Neither have I !!

Indulge now Harleen !

I have some but haven't eaten any!

Erm that might be gone :D

Didn't win the daily millions :(

Might be because I didn't play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »

Didn't win the daily millions :(

Might be because I didn't play it :D

As the saying goes "if you're not in, you can't win" ;)

Autosport wrote: »

Ah no you didn't take the Mars Bar egg as well :eek:

Ah no you didn't take the Mars Bar egg as well :eek:

(Wipes chocolate off lips) Oh no I wouldn't do that to you :D

:D

I think I got wind burned today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

People talking about the lovely weather, when you’re away from home & the weather is s****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,828 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Paddy Cow wrote: »

The Red C ones are the best in my experience. I get about €200 a year. I put the cheques in the bank for Christmas presents!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Neither have I !!

Indulge now Harleen !

:eek: Call a doctor fast :eek:!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Those denim jackets with the sheepskin collars.
    Don't know what it is but they annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The title of this thread.

It should be “Trivial things that annoy you”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Neighbour out cutting grass, on fúcking Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Started taking a vitamin tablet for improving skin hair and nails.... Turns out it makes my skin break out in spots the size of mount Vesuvius... That was not supposed to happen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

TG1 wrote: »
    Started taking a vitamin tablet for improving skin hair and nails.... Turns out it makes my skin break out in spots the size of mount Vesuvius... That was not supposed to happen!!

I hope you've stopped taking the tablet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

You eh....haven't been around these parts for long, have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,828 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not sure if I posted this.
    I read a head line about a man who lost loads of weight by one simple step.
    I clicked into the article expecting it to say he exercised more or gave up a type of food.
    His change was he did an online shop which meant he didn't get buy junk food and he didn't have to go out to take aways then and he had more time to exercise.
    That's not a simple step!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I have a feeling that that's the point :)

ta aggressively loud people who literally talk non stop. It's like desperate attention seeking . I feel like I'm absorbing his bonkers energy and am noise sensitive for a day after it. I actually start mentally fading out . Anyone got an elephant dart?

It's usually after prolonged exposure to this that the two dodgy jehovas witnesses turn up. They have a sixth sense for lowered defenses. They're very ta. I think they see someone like me as their ticket into paradise . I'm the holy grail of converts. The intensity and persistence is insane .

*I've one lovely friend who's a JW, and most of them are polite and just offer a Watchtower . Which can be quite interesting sometimes . Still not converting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pouring milk on corn flakes and it bounces back on my shirt that I just washed and ironed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not sure if I posted this.
    I read a head line about a man who lost loads of weight by one simple step.
    I clicked into the article expecting it to say he exercised more or gave up a type of food.
    His change was he did an online shop which meant he didn't get buy junk food and he didn't have to go out to take aways then and he had more time to exercise.
    That's not a simple step!

Energy In
    Energy Out

In theory it's dead simple but food is complicated for a lot of people

Most of us have our poison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine was out cutting the grass or trimming a hedge just after 9 this morning. There's no need for that! (I was out too, but not doing anything noisy.)

I got a new pair of sunglasses the other day, and the first time I wore them, I was on my bike. I thought a fly flew into my eye (and there were flies about) but when I stopped there was nothing there. I kept seeing this shadow again, but eventually solved the mystery.

I have a small 'beauty mark' 1cm to the left of my left eye, and because of the curvature of the new sunglasses, I can see the reflection of it in my peripheral view. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

That's it, no more chocolate. No more!! I give permission for someone to punch me in the tit if I dare to eat chocolate for the next few days :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Gwynplaine wrote: »

not underplaying and dismissing your personal annoyance but for me, I love the sound of a lawnmower on a sunny day! Very summery! If I heard it on a cloudy or cold day though, with not a ray of sun in the sky, it would p*ss me off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Succubus_ wrote: »
    That's it, no more chocolate. No more!! I give permission for someone to punch me in the tit if I dare to eat chocolate for the next few days :P

While on the subject of chocolate, my Cadbury's easter egg was subtly different and not as nice this year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Wasn't Cadbury's bought out by Kraft who are notorious for buying a company and then cheapening the ingredients? Someone was telling me that they've since been bought out again but don't know how true that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A prying neighbour whom I can't get away from fast enough :rolleyes:

That new animated google search thing, for the love of vertigo make it stop! :eek:

Can't wake up, can't get sleep. Aches and pains that come out of nowhere.......... when the fook did I get this old?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Think it's more that Kraft split into two parts. Kraft, which is the American operation and Mondelez International which controls Cadbury among others.
    I've read that they switched to using powdered rather than liquid milk which would affect texture and replaced some of the cocoa solids with palm oil. I'll have a look at the ingredients one day to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I girl I know, who has wonderful parents, and every advantage, making a complete mess of her life. I know, none of my business, but others work so hard to get the things she takes for granted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement