Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 6 - Monaco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,253 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Leclerc must wish he was still in the Alfa (former-Sauber)

Max is the only one who may break up the Mercs at some point.

Other than that the only questions are how long until Russell beats Stroll for P18 and will Ferrari do a Super Aguri and leave Leclerc sitting in the box while they scramble for tires.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

pjohnson wrote: »
    Binotto needs to pick his role being Team Principal AND Technical Director is clearly too much.

Exactly. Binotto needs to stick at being technical director. They need someone else to run the team. Having two roles in the team is a big distraction for Binotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I said it before in the General thread but looking at what Fred Vassuer did for Sauber after Kantlebourn left, I reckon he could do the same at Ferrari.

Stroll is so lucky Daddy owns Racing Point. Would like to see Russell in the car and actually competing with other vehicles. Thats 10 Q1 eliminations in a row now for Stroll.

0mI0S9x.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I assume it came with a disclaimer, if you want to win do the opposite to Ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

pjohnson wrote:
    Leclerc must wish he was still in the Alfa (former-Sauber)

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Exactly. Binotto needs to stick at being technical director. They need someone else to run the team. Having two roles in the team is a big distraction for Binotto.

flazio wrote:
    I said it before in the General thread but looking at what Fred Vassuer did for Sauber after Kantlebourn left, I reckon he could do the same at Ferrari.

Arrivibiene, who many including myself regarded as not a racing man and who lacked technical expertise, was still able to turn out a more competitive car. Vettel is making more unforced errors than ever before. Sauber/Alfa seem to have fallen off a cliff in terms of performance since the enforced replacement of their "illegal" front wing. Haas look more impressive with each race. Gunther Steiner could be exactly the kind of team principal Ferrari needs. He seems to be both a good tactician and a good coach of drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The Ferrari looked awful difficult handling wise today. Both Leclerc and Vettel struggled. Maybe it was the drivers but was a rough outing.

Ferrari made a mess of it and Leclerc didn't hold back, not sure if wise but refreshing. Was mad when he said he'll risk a crash tomorrow. Probably just the heat of the moment.

Happy with Ricciardo. Mercs should run away with it but can always hope for something crazy or rain. I have a feeling Daniel could have a good one though, driver is so important on that track, but lack of overtaking chances means strategy is key, Ferrari should be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watching the highlights now. Have to say the qualifying was exciting right up to the last minute or so.

Ferrari really made a balls of it strategy wise with Leclerc.

I really think Ferrari need a new Team Principle and to either get the strategist's on form or get new ones.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Vettel is having his Hamilton 2011 period where you’ve not had the expected level of success for a while and you can’t fight for wins. Just make a few errors here and there and no hunger to improve. He’s still doing ok compared to his team mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think Vettels killer instinct seems to be gone. He needs to find that again or he will keep messing up. e does not seem to be all there when he is on track a bit like Grosjean was a few years ago or as another poster above mentioned as Hamilton was during 2011.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Rain is predicted in Monaco today, hopefully it comes for race time to make it somewhat interesting.

Apparently rain and thunderstorms but predicted either side of the race and during the race it's meant to be dry but the track could be wet with rain before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dear Weather,

Please make it rain during Monaco Grand Prix.

Regards,

Jordan 199.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,651 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's impossible to win if you don't have the car. You have to hope for mistakes from the other team.
    Back in the day many cars could win but not now. We don't know who the best driver is anymore because the car is all that matters.
    If you look back at the history you had many races where the top drivers had the top spots on the grid, not two teammates

• Registered Users Posts: 23,284 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think those 1000 to 1 odds are pretty nuts. Everyone bar the top 6 at 1000 to 1.
    Fair enough, it's unlikely anyone else would win but throw some rain at it and it is the one race that any car on the grid could win if luck got them to the front of the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

For the sake of the children....let the rain pour!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,651 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For the sake of the children....let the rain pour!
    I remember '82, multiple leaders near the end of the race as cars had trouble with rain, gearboxes and saving fuel.
    Worth a watch for anybody who hasn't seen it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I remember '82, multiple leaders near the end of the race as cars had trouble with rain, gearboxes and saving fuel.
    Worth a watch for anybody who hasn't seen it.

Granted not Monaco but I love Germany 07 for chaos. Winkelhock in a Spyker ended up leading a lap after around a quarter of the field ended up stuck in gravel as even the safety car had to escape around a corner as Liuzzi was flying down the hill backwards :pac:

Kimi (I think) also completely missed the pits as the car simply couldnt even consider making the turn in the wet conditions and had to skitter around for another full lap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Boring race unless it rains, the fuel has a lot to do with it too, in the old days it allowed for more strategies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

https://m.accuweather.com/en/mc/monaco/5174/satellite/5174

There's a rain band swirling around alright. Will it get to Monaco during the race???...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

50/50

I want the Mercs to crash into each other at the start, that or a huge downpour would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rain in around 20mins

Crossing everything

Not a popular opinion but I would like to see Hamilton win this race, just for Lauda.

Let the much needed shake up begin at the next race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Sky said 90%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Bring it on, cloud-sprinklers.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Seeing Hamilton with that red helmet reminds me more of Schumacher in his Mercedes day’s

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Harika wrote: »
    Sky said 90%

I'm doing a rain dance, if there is no rain it will be a boring and predictable race (again) :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

skipper_G wrote: »
    I want the Mercs to crash into each other at the start, that or a huge downpour would be nice.

I genuinely think the Mercs are going to touch in this race!

• Advertisement

Look at the difference in pace between the front and everyone else, on such a short lap Ricciardo already 10 seconds behind Vettel only lap 5

Advertisement