Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Good to see Boston make something more of it.

Probably not, it just seems he's been making errors for much longer
    Think Joe West won out there and also IIRC Hernandez has actually been improving year on year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So, opinions on the black/white unis? I think they're alright but judging by some one the comments on Twitter, I'm in the minority. And it's only one weekend.

I heard the Dodgers were refused a request to wear their normal uniforms instead of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

So, opinions on the black/white unis? I think they're alright but judging by some one the comments on Twitter, I'm in the minority. And it's only one weekend.

I heard the Dodgers were refused a request to wear their normal uniforms instead of these.

Not really a fan. But its only for one weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, can we all agree the player's weekend uniforms were dreadful? Looked like softball team uniforms, hard to read the names and the nicknames were pretty tedious. Too much MLB trying to be like a kiddie game.

(I'd be less grumpy this a.m. if the Mets hadn't been swept by Atlanta, but the better team won this weekend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, can we all agree the player's weekend uniforms were dreadful? Looked like softball team uniforms, hard to read the names and the nicknames were pretty tedious. Too much MLB trying to be like a kiddie game.

(I'd be less grumpy this a.m. if the Mets hadn't been swept by Atlanta, but the better team won this weekend)

Yeah them unis were horrific.Huge series for the mets now against the Cubs,they will need something from that series to stay in touch .Personally I would prefer the mets make the postseason rather than the Cubs.

Yeah them unis were horrific.Huge series for the mets now against the Cubs,they will need something from that series to stay in touch .Personally I would prefer the mets make the postseason rather than the Cubs.

Yeah and they had good pitching lined up for Atlanta. Now it's the back part of the rotation. Series means a lot for the Cubs as well. Going to be fun, the weather in NYC should be cooperative .

I’m enjoying these YouTube games. The commentary is good, there’s no ads in between innings and thankfully no ‘MLB Flashbacks’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

kmart6 wrote: »
    Good to see Boston make something more of it.

Something more of what?

I guess I was alone then as I liked Washington's black Uniforms, thought they looked great.

Serious run they are on at the moment too won 15 of the last 19. Looking like a team that can give anyone a game right now.

• Advertisement

I guess I was alone then as I liked Washington's black Uniforms, thought they looked great.

Serious run they are on at the moment too won 15 of the last 19. Looking like a team that can give anyone a game right now.

Only 4 games back in the loss column and they play the Braves 7 times in 10 days starting next week. Exciting times ahead.

They have the WC1 wrapped up at least at this stage but winning the division would mean avoiding the Dodgers in the first NLDS and avoid burning Scherzer in the WC game.

Only 4 games back in the loss column and they play the Braves 7 times in 10 days starting next week. Exciting times ahead.

They have the WC1 wrapped up at least at this stage but winning the division would mean avoiding the Dodgers in the first NLDS and avoid burning Scherzer in the WC game.

True but we have a nice 1 through 4 right now with Stras, Corbin, Ross and Sherzer! We're looking healthier in the bullpen too with some real weapons.

Definitely exciting. I think if we realistically need to take 5 of those 7 against Atlanta to make it really interesting, something we havent been able to do against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

A Nats Phillies wildcard game is very possible,what a cracker that would be ,phillies would have egg on there face if the nats took them out.The A.L wild card game looks like Cleveland hosting either Tampa or Oakland, so could have pretty good games to kick off October .

A Nats Phillies wildcard game is very possible,what a cracker that would be ,phillies would have egg on there face if the nats took them out.The A.L wild card game looks like Cleveland hosting either Tampa or Oakland, so could have pretty good games to kick off October .

Could be alright although I reckon it will be Nats/Cubs.

Could be alright although I reckon it will be Nats/Cubs.

You can stick a fork in the Mets now anyway. After 5 losses in a row, they’re done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

You can stick a fork in the Mets now anyway. After 5 losses in a row, they’re done.

Yep. For a few weeks they gave us hope. And as a Mayo supporter once told me, it's the hope that kills.

Well there's always next season

ShyMets wrote: »
    Yep. For a few weeks they gave us hope. And as a Mayo supporter once told me, it's the hope that kills.

Well there's always next season

At least Octavio Dotel and Luis "I got it! I got it!... I don't got it" Castillo aren't Dominican drug lords: http://www.antena7.com.do/actualidad/no-encuentran-vinculo-a-octavio-dotel-y-luis-castillo-en-red-cesar-el-abusador-60214
    (you'll need to translate unless you read Spanish.)

And hey, Septembers not till tomorrow. Might be fun, race to the WC and just fall short. Then, the Wilponzis will know that their plan works, and they can run out and get some broken down old not-too-cheap FA's to fill the gaping holes on the team.

Sigh.

It seems alcohol and rugs leading to him choking on his vomit was the cause of death for Tyler Skaggs.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2019-08-30/tyler-skaggs-autopsy-report-fentanyl-oxycodone-alcohol-angels-rusty-hardin

At least Octavio Dotel and Luis "I got it! I got it!... I don't got it" Castillo aren't Dominican drug lords: http://www.antena7.com.do/actualidad/no-encuentran-vinculo-a-octavio-dotel-y-luis-castillo-en-red-cesar-el-abusador-60214
    (you'll need to translate unless you read Spanish.)

And hey, Septembers not till tomorrow. Might be fun, race to the WC and just fall short. Then, the Wilponzis will know that their plan works, and they can run out and get some broken down old not-too-cheap FA's to fill the gaping holes on the team.

Sigh.

So you're not enjoying the rollercoaster ride then? 11 games under .500 to 7 games over to back to .500. Just be awful all the time so we don't get out hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Twins broke the single season team record for most HRs and it's not even September.

• Advertisement

No hitter for Verlander.

Shame about the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shame about the walk.

It's the second time he no hit the Blue Jays - last time he also only gave up 1 walk.

A-Rod with some interesting thoughts on which type of lead is better

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1168362107374583808

So a 2 run lead is better than a 3 run lead then?

Has MLB put the magic numbers up yet? I think the Dodgers magic number is like, 2? They can clinch basically any day without winning a game.
    Impressive, clinching their division in the first week of September. Even the great 1986 Met's team took longer than that :)

Has MLB put the magic numbers up yet? I think the Dodgers magic number is like, 2? They can clinch basically any day without winning a game.
    Impressive, clinching their division in the first week of September. Even the great 1986 Met's team took longer than that :)

Dodgers have been posting their magic number on Instagram and Twitter since it hit 10.
    It's at 6 right now

Dodgers have been posting their magic number on Instagram and Twitter since it hit 10.
    It's at 6 right now

Should be on the MLB site for those of us not following the Dodgers directly :) So in theory they could have it resolved in 3 days if they win the next 3 and D-backs lose. Impressive. More likely by the weekend I suppose. Just want it clinched before they play the Mets on the 13th.

The next closest teams are at 15 (Yankees and Astros)
    https://www.mlb.com/standings

Optimistic that the Nationals can actually do something in the playoffs provided we get there. The bull pen is coming around, still not what I would call dependable but getting there. Our 1,2,3 is right up there as starting rotations go though and we've a pretty solid line up from top to bottom.

• Advertisement

Optimistic that the Nationals can actually do something in the playoffs provided we get there. The bull pen is coming around, still not what I would call dependable but getting there. Our 1,2,3 is right up there as starting rotations go though and we've a pretty solid line up from top to bottom.

Excellent pitching matchup tonight. Too bad it's on so late local time. Tomorrow's game will be on Youtube/mlb, 1p.m. Eastern time

Advertisement