Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Beer tent is going well. They have Tiger and Heineken. And a roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Skid X wrote: »
    The Beer tent is going well. They have Tiger and Heineken. And a roof.

Didn't realize there was a beer tent. There was me sitting in the rain :pac:

If you're thinking of heading to the ground, don't. It's a steady, light rain that ain't going anywhere.

Next pitch inspection at 12 if it stops raining

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Next inspection at 12. Suspect we'll see a bit more rain before then though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The forecast for tomorrow is looking a bit better anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah looking reasonably ok for tomorrow now, fingers crossed

Latest radar from Met Eireann. Weather gods desperately trying to create a dry patch over Malahide??? Clearance well into Munster currently. Might reach east coast in afternoon.

450460.png

Currently in one of the local drinking Establishments. It's dry, warm and they are showing Cricket reruns on the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

they let you in and out right?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

they let you in and out right?
    Yes - just make sure you get your ticket stamped as you go out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Grand, I've my ticket for tomorrow, nice to be able to go into the town for some proper drinks if there's a significant break.

Bleedin lager :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

How eh, thorough are the bag checks? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

maximoose wrote: »

Bomb or beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

expect a full cavity search

Sky were originally proposing to switch over to the IPL at 6, but are now scheduling it for 3.30. Hope they don't have info that we haven't!

Having said that their cameras were blowing around a bit earlier - maybe the cameramen are demanding too much danger money

Not that bad, just wanted a glance inside the bag, not invasive. And don't mind the A4 sized bags rule. Any reasonably sized backpack seemed ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The showers over Kerry cleared about 30 minutes ago, so might yet dry up in Malahide in the coming hours, if it's the same weather front.

Best of luck to the French tourists who asked me for directions to the castle from the village just now in French. At least I sent them vaguely in the right direction !

Not that bad, just wanted a glance inside the bag, not invasive. And don't mind the A4 sized bags rule. Any reasonably sized backpack seemed ok
    Saw someone allowed in with a cabin-type bag (pull along with wheels)

They will search, but are certainly not applying any "A4" rule

Skid X wrote: »
    Best of luck to the French tourists who asked me for directions to the castle from the village just now in French. At least I sent them vaguely in the right direction !
    French:confused::confused:

They were Portuguese and looking for the railway station.....

:pac:

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    French:confused::confused:

They were Portuguese and looking for the railway station.....

:pac:

Ha, hopefully they return tomorrow for Day 2 and spread the Gospel of Test Cricket to wherever they live!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

WIth the weather looking better tomorrow, would I be able to buy tickets on the gate if I got there early?

WIth the weather looking better tomorrow, would I be able to buy tickets on the gate if I got there early?

Not necessarily the gate but there is a Ticketmaster van just before the entrance. And when I say just before the entrance I mean about 10 meters away. You'll definitely get tickets. Bought a ticket for Day 3 as I was leaving the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Would I get in later for half price or less if play starts at 4 or 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I see Eoin Morgan is playing his first first class game in three years. Gearing up for a return then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is this on tv live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Guffy wrote: »
    Is this on tv live?

Its on Sky Sports

threein99 wrote: »
    Its on Sky Sports

It should be, but they seem to have abandoned Malahide for now, with little if anyhing in the way of updates, and currently showing other cricket in the schedule for the rest of today

Inspection at 3. It is still bucketing down. Noone Ive spoken to expects any play today.

• Advertisement

Play abandoned.

Advertisement