Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GentleHumour

Charli XCX on EP line up according to PitchFork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Apparently played a great set at Primavera which I missed as not really my cuppa

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GentleHumour

What’s the general feeling on the ATN announcement today?

Not too miffed that we missed many for EP. Would’ve liked Kojaque...that’s pretty much it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Not too miffed that we missed many for EP. Would’ve liked Kojaque...that’s pretty much it

Agree rte orchestra doing Leonard Cohen may be interesting. Fancy a few of the Irish acts to turn up at EP as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That's poor alright. Odd Morris worth a look though.

Not going to ATN but think that their lineup is already so solid that few additions are required. A much more impressive set of acts than 2018.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    Apparently played a great set at Primavera which I missed as not really my cuppa

Pals who went said she was excellent. Also not my thing but happy to give her a look at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Why does she sound like a chipmunk on speed

Why does she sound like a chipmunk on speed

Ok, I had a proper listen. Will be steering clear of her set.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Pretenders and Fleetwood Mac were pure class last night.

Sipping fresh ice cold pints from plastic cups has me even more buzzing for EP.

Great sets, and a real treat with Crowded House and Tom Petty covers. Missed Black Magic Woman for a loo break which I’m snapping over but sure look. Still a bucket list moment for me to see Fleetwood Mac live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Great sets, and a real treat with Crowded House and Tom Petty covers. Missed Black Magic Woman for a loo break which I’m snapping over but sure look. Still a bucket list moment for me to see Fleetwood Mac live :)

Exact same! We were hyper with the drinks thinking of EP. Bucket list moment for me too

Ferris, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy as much :(

Tame impala next...ep can’t come quick enough now after last night

• Advertisement

Should have had a loo break during that over-stretched drum solo. Has he finished yet?

Otherwise an excellent evening. Chrissie Hynde in fine voice. Chrissie McVie less so but those tunes man. Those tunes. Maybe the greatest pop band of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    Exact same! We were hyper with the drinks thinking of EP. Bucket list moment for me too

Ferris, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy as much :(

Tame impala next...ep can’t come quick enough now after last night

Can't wait!! We have sitting tickets so gonna try my best to do the "going for a smoke" and try and snake into standing.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Should have had a loo break during that over-stretched drum solo. Has he finished yet?

Otherwise an excellent evening. Chrissie Hynde in fine voice. Chrissie McVie less so but those tunes man. Those tunes. Maybe the greatest pop band of all.

Ah he dragged the arse out of it but he’s a good character! Banger after banger.

Would definitely drink Rockshore on draught at any gig if I could get it.

Noel Gallagher tomorrow will probably have Carlsberg...

Ah he dragged the arse out of it but he’s a good character! Banger after banger.

Yeah, there was a real sense of him having a ball at the gig. Seems like they're enjoying this tour more after ditching Lindsey.

Malahide beer is Heineken. Maybe some other options but not many. Enjoy the gig.

Also have applemans if you want a cider

For the Wilco fans out there there's a live stream of tonight's gig in Amsterdam. Nearing the end but you can scroll back. Excellent setlist and there's still a fair chance we'll get them at Stradbally as their European tour restarts in Norway three days after EP.

Cheers for the tips Mucker and Seathrun! The gig was brilliant, we were waiting to get in at 20 to 4 and they opened the gates early :)

Caught the whole lot. Inhaler are worth a second look. There was a Bono lookalike hanging around and he was plagued with people getting pictures! :P

Doves got a little p*ssed about the crowd not moving or participating and told us we'd have to up our game. We were getting absolutely lashed out of it with rain but the atmosphere did pick up. I've never listened to Doves so I went to get food after he started ranting.

Noel put on a great show as always, pleasure to hear some classic Oasis tunes. Seems like he's doing more than he used to in his sets, and he's enjoying them a lot more too.

11/10 would go see him every year of my life till one of us dies or he retires :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Cheers for the tips Mucker and Seathrun! The gig was brilliant, we were waiting to get in at 20 to 4 and they opened the gates early :)

Caught the whole lot. Inhaler are worth a second look. There was a Bono lookalike hanging around and he was plagued with people getting pictures! :P

Doves got a little p*ssed about the crowd not moving or participating and told us we'd have to up our game. We were getting absolutely lashed out of it with rain but the atmosphere did pick up. I've never listened to Doves so I went to get food after he started ranting.

Noel put on a great show as always, pleasure to hear some classic Oasis tunes. Seems like he's doing more than he used to in his sets, and he's enjoying them a lot more too.

11/10 would go see him every year of my life till one of us dies or he retires :D

just saw a few photos, bono's young fella is a ringer for jeff buckley!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭endainoz

Had an extended weekend of music so in total recovery mode today, Fleetwood Mac in the RDS on Thursday followed by the Doolin Folk festival all weekend. It was fantastic to see King Kong Company in my own back yard and obviously loads of great folk artists too. Got to see Kneecap for the first time too, definitely worth checking out those lads over the summer. A nice long break required now till ATN...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Plaid have just released a new album, would they be topical enough for the Little Big tent. https://warp.net/releases/129335-plaid-polymer

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Can't wait!! We have sitting tickets so gonna try my best to do the "going for a smoke" and try and snake into standing.

Quick tip - all the way at the right (if you are facing stage) up the top there is a stairs to premium club I think that’s rarely manned. Made two great escapes to standing from there

Met someone I knew there who got us into one of the aib cabins. Few free beers and food and listened to blossoms while looking out the door at the rain. Between those free beers and food and winning the tickets cheapest gig ever. Struggling today mind you. Tame impala next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

This has turned into just a general gig/ music thread. NG review from Malahide¿?¿

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This has turned into just a general gig/ music thread. NG review from Malahide¿?¿

We are waiting for the next announcement....I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people giving their reviews of gigs especially as festival season kicks off and it seems a few here are going to the same gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Met someone I knew there who got us into one of the aib cabins. Few free beers and food and listened to blossoms while looking out the door at the rain. Between those free beers and food and winning the tickets cheapest gig ever. Struggling today mind you. Tame impala next up.

What a sell out. Prawn sandwich brigade. Shame on you Mucker. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

A certain lead singer of a band we won’t care to mention,for obvious reasons, ....hint starts with R ,has announced his solo tour dates for North America near the end of September,his own European tour schedule finishes around the end of July,so that’s a fine gap now to show his auld face at EP !!!!!!! (now runs to get my tin hat!!!!!)

A certain lead singer of a band we won’t care to mention,for obvious reasons, ....hint starts with R ,has announced his solo tour dates for North America near the end of September,his own European tour schedule finishes around the end of July,so that’s a fine gap now to show his auld face at EP !!!!!!! (now runs to get my tin hat!!!!!)

At the risk of starting a political argument on this thread I'd personally not want to see him or his band at EP after they broke the Palestinian boycott. I just feel disdain for the money-grubbing of Radiohead and the Bad Seeds now. The music holds up but as people I've no longer any respect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    At the risk of starting a political argument on this thread I'd personally not want to see him or his band at EP after they broke the Palestinian boycott. I just feel disdain for the money-grubbing of Radiohead and the Bad Seeds now. The music holds up but as people I've no longer any respect for them.

Much respect for this, Seathrun. Both bands are spoofers of the highest order

Rfrip wrote: »
    We are waiting for the next announcement....I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people giving their reviews of gigs especially as festival season kicks off and it seems a few here are going to the same gigs too.

I love coming to this thread to get excited about EP and live music in general. Favourite thing to do when I’m meant to be working. My friends don’t tend to be as into live music as me so it’s nice to indulge my own interests and have the chats with likeminded strangers :)

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What a sell out. Prawn sandwich brigade. Shame on you Mucker. ��

Harsh stillill42 with so many gigs on anything to keep the cost down.

Advertisement