Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Was a while since I played online. Must do car customisations for my Auto Shop customers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The customizations are ok. Gets a bit repetitive after a few times but it's easy money.

I like sell bunker weapons and goods from the night club.

Some of the night club promo missions are alright, so get tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobyRossco

After they fixed the load time, I decided to go back to the game. But to be honest, this is not possible. The game turns into a routine. Or maybe I should try an RP server. And in the original, I come across mostly cheaters and millionaires who use tp and kill from the first shot. Very interesting.

And then Rockstar complains that RDR is not making enough money. Corporations are so greedy, but they don't want to do anything.

Car customisations and doing the Fleeca Job is the only thing I do at the Auto Shop. Easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New dlc live today, sounds fun. Although, it's been confirmed the laptop to start the new missions is only available in a public lobby which is a balls. Some missions sounds like you have to stealth, good luck with that with oppressors flying by acting the Bollox. Will definitely reduce the network bandwidth for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you get the new workshop you can mod some cars to be remote control or to have a missle jammer.

As good as the jammer sounds, I plan to use the remote on something expensive and troll with it.

Looking through the future vehicles which will unlock at some point.

There's a convertible comet (911) which would be good to make remote control.

There's also a 2 new bikes, one based on the ninja and another called the Reeves which is based on an Arch bike which people might recognise from Cyberpunk and is made by Keanu Reeves company.

Rockstar has updated it so that you can now start The Contract missions in an invite only lobby so solo all you want. The new Buffalo STX is lovely and actually very fast going by broughy's review, definitely gonna buy that first.

That's nice to hear that I can do The Contract missions solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not that I've ever had an issue with money in GTAO (aside from being a PS3 noob at the very beginning), but a lot of the new stuff is rather on the pricey side. Just to get set up with the new missions is more than $2 million to buy the building. The new Shinobi bike costs more than the Shotaro.

Guess I'll be going to Cayo Perico sometime soon again...

• Advertisement

I'm in no real rush to start the Franklin Contract Missions so I will wait for a property sale before I get going at it.

I saw a pic on reddit comparing stum gun prices. In 2013, it was $100 and with this update, it's $300,000 :D

Cayo is basically like a site fire way for an easy few mil to buy new stuff. I think if you want to buy everything from the new update, it's 30 mill but on YouTube TGG tested the new properties and no real difference at all so gonna go with the cheapest unless you like a specific location. Just gonna go with the Buffalo STX as well for now. The Ignus looks class though. The armory option gives you for own ammunation with discount prices and sells armor which is handy for topping up before a mission.

I've been listening to Dre for the last 26 years so this dlc has definitely piqued my interest.

Here is my online character in my Auto Shop:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Here's a few older pics of my own whe I was just messing about in the editor.

Finished with the main mission bit for the update.

Missions are far less interesting than the autoshop ones (drive to place, kill everyone, and then leave or chase someone), but at least unlike the autoshop ones we don't have Dre talking constantly like Moodyman did. He's still playing the try hard gangster like Moodyman but there's just less of it.

Really hoping the Agency stuff isn't going to continue with future DLC with a load of other celebrities doing the same.

I have the mission at Studio A left, think that's it done then. The security contract missions and assassinations are grand but can't see myself doing them after the main story of the dlc. Tuners dlc definitely had better cars and mini heists were much better missions, I'd go back too that over this.

Saying that, this screams that it's gonna be the new dlc method of adding a celeb client every now and again. I'm kind of raging i spent so much money on the buffalo STX, not as fun as my Tuner cars but it does have the missile jammee which is handy.

I would like if Sessanta would clear off out of my Auto Shop.

Finished the Dre stuff, basic missions but really liked the story, great scene in the studio at the end but then I'm into that big time so that helped.

No intention of replaying it or playing more contract work. I'll try the Franklin and Lamar co-op mission though when it pops up.

I decided to sell my buffalo, got 1.6 mil after spending about 2.5 on it. Bought the Ignis which is savage but after spending about 3.5 mil on it, i found out it can't be updated with Imani tech which is a sickner! Reading that it's only the 22nd fastest super in the game, i could have spent that money on something much better.

I'm sure those of you that played a previous GTA game will be familiar with the logo on my tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Something to do with GTA IV?

• Advertisement

Yes. Tw@ is an internet cafe chain in Liberty City. The guy behind the counter says: Don't spill sh1t on the computers, and There's a tip-jar, jackass.

I saw the terrorbyte was finally on sale today, first time all year i think so i logged in, spawned in my arcade to sell my nightclub stock, 800k worth. Went out to find its snowing in LS and i had to drive a huge truck to 5 points across the map. That was a hairy delivery with the last 2 spots up in the hills. Spent 5 minutes in a frozen ditch before finally getting out and getting to the last drop with a minute to do. I don't recommend doing delivery work in the snow!

Free Baller (new range rover from latest dlc) with a free santa sleigh livery for anyone interested.

Snow in Los Santos:

And on a visit to my Arcade out in Grapeseed, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Christmas Tree inside:

Woohoo!!! I won the Declasse Mamba podium vehicle. Very happy with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The Mamba is one of the most enjoyable cars in the game! It's beautiful!

It is. Only changes I made to it was remove the livery, upgrade the headlights, made the exhausts bigger and tinted the windows.

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've too many cars in too many garages! Think I might sell some of my properties :D

I sold all the cars in one of my garages recently. It was the right thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have a benefactor collection in one of my garages though, has there been any new benefactor cars released?

Advertisement