Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Rugby 2021

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,837 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I have to say I am getting sick of all these different sports/entertainment services. I am currently paying for Sky, BT, Eir, Amazon Prime, Netflix and now I', going to have to RugbyPass. FFS :mad::mad: Another bill I have to hide from the wife :D

i dont pay for sky or eir from that list.. but i do the others.

got rid of sky as their rugby coverage is now pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

People pay for Eir?!

Purely to watch the Pro 14. Don't think I've ever watched anything else on it. How do you watch Leinster's sorry, I mean Munster's matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Purely to watch the Pro 14. Don't think I've ever watched anything else on it. How do you watch Leinster's sorry, I mean Munster's matches?

I get Eir Sport free with Eir broadband.

I couldn't imagine paying a seperate sub. There is **** all on the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Conor Garden-Bachop is one to watch out for this season I reckon. Also unreal to see Regan getting a start.

Was looking forwars to seeing bachop last year but he missed the whole thing due to injury i think. Good to see him back.

Was looking forwars to seeing bachop last year but he missed the whole thing due to injury i think. Good to see him back.

I assume he is related to Graham and Steven Bachop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I assume he is related to Graham and Steven Bachop.

Yeah Stephen Bachop is his da and his brother is Jackson Garden-Bachop the fly half.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

The Hurricanes squad to face the Blues is:

1 FRASER ARMSTRONG
    2 ASAFO AUMUA
    3 TYREL LOMAX
    4 JAMES BLACKWELL
    5 SCOTT SCRAFTON
    6 VAEA FIFITA
    7 ARDIE SAVEA [C]
    8 DEVAN FLANDERS
    9 JONATHAN TAUMATEINE
    10 JACKSON GARDEN-BACHOP
    11 JULIAN SAVEA
    12 NGANI LAUMAPE
    13 BILLY PROCTOR
    14 WES GOOSEN
    15 JORDIE BARRETT

RESERVES
    16. RICKY RICCITELLI
    17. XAVIER NUMIA
    18. ALEX FIDOW
    19. REED PRINSEP
    20. DU’PLESSIS KIRIFI
    21. LUKE CAMPBELL
    22. PETER UMAGA-JENSEN
    23. SALESI RAYASI

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

The Blues team to play the Hurricanes is:

15 Stephen Perofeta, 14 Mark Telea, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Harry Plummer, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Otere Black, 9 Sam Nock; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (C), 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1 James Lay.

Reserves: 16 Luteru Tolai, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Ofa Tuungafasi, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Tom Robinson, 21 Adrian Choat, 22 Jonathan Ruru, 23 Tanielu Tele’a.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

The Blues team to play the Hurricanes is:

15 Stephen Perofeta, 14 Mark Telea, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Harry Plummer, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Otere Black, 9 Sam Nock; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (C), 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1 James Lay.

Reserves: 16 Luteru Tolai, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Ofa Tuungafasi, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Tom Robinson, 21 Adrian Choat, 22 Jonathan Ruru, 23 Tanielu Tele’a.

Blues solving the problem of having 3 relatively good 10s with no frontrunner by picking all 3.

Canes look weak in the halves and second row but otherwise not too bad. Will be interesting to see if Julian can justify his position.

Tough to pick as canes are at home but I will say Blues by 10.

hahashake wrote: »
    Blues solving the problem of having 3 relatively good 10s with no frontrunner by picking all 3.

Canes look weak in the halves and second row but otherwise not too bad. Will be interesting to see if Julian can justify his position.

Tough to pick as canes are at home but I will say Blues by 10.

Saw a comment on Facebook saying "thats not a backline, thats 3 wingers, 3 first-fives and an angry flanker who can pass". :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Been looking at the RugbyPass sign up page and it seems that the only way for the moment to view on a TV is the old laptop & HDMI cable solution?. It seems this is on a separate platform to the main RugbyPass and there’s no Chromecast support or app. Kinda lessens the appeal considerably (and the €40 for NZ derbies only is already a hard sell).

https://www.rugbypass.com/live-super-rugby/

icdg wrote: »
    Been looking at the RugbyPass sign up page and it seems that the only way for the moment to view on a TV is the old laptop & HDMI cable solution?. It seems this is on a separate platform to the main RugbyPass and there’s no Chromecast support or app. Kinda lessens the appeal considerably (and the €40 for NZ derbies only is already a hard sell).

Can it not be watched through your browser on your TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

There’s an app for Apple TV and you can also AirPlay. If you’re on android then that’ll learn you.

23 games for €40 is less than €2 a game. Hardly exhorbitant pricing imo.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can it not be watched through your browser on your TV?

I wouldn’t wish the web browser on my five year old LG TV on my worst enemy!
    swiwi_ wrote: »
    There’s an app for Apple TV and you can also AirPlay. If you’re on android then that’ll learn you.

23 games for €40 is less than €2 a game. Hardly exhorbitant pricing imo.

I am on Apple! Airplay would work the treat. However are you sure there’s a specific app for this? My understanding from what is stated on the page I linked to is that this is completely separate from the existing RugbyPass app.

I wouldn’t wish the web browser on my five year old LG TV on my worst enemy!

I am on Apple! Airplay would work the treat. However are you sure there’s a specific app for this? My understanding from what is stated on the page I linked to is that this is completely separate from the existing RugbyPass app.

I’ll have to see. Effectively RugbyPass redirects to liverugby.net not sure how that works. I’ll probably try running through phone and AirPlay to tv.

Nice response.

SH 9s just seen to hand such an ability to pass flat and wide as far away from the ruck as possible

Damn that's a gorgeous try

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TeholB

Lovely try from Bachop
    Hall looked ahead of the kicker for Crusaders 2nd

Some of the super rugby variations this season are all class. I’m loving the “crowd”. Basically you let a group of people (called spectators) into the ground. They cheer and generally provide what’s called “atmosphere”. Hopefully it’s tried up north.

• Advertisement

Can confirm that can stream to tv via Apple play. In HD.

Decent first game for the super rugby aotearoa brand.
    Fast, skillful, playing away from contact, offloads and one side monstering the set piece....
    What we've come to expect from kiwi rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

how'd regan get on?

https://youtu.be/GaB96NLVoFk

Short highlights.

bayern wrote: »
    how'd regan get on?

He was named in the starting XV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

He was named in the starting XV

and how'd he play?

• Advertisement

how'd regan get on?

quite good i thought

he got 65 mins, has a bit of a dog about him...
    lovely hands for link play, not afraid to set it out the back

i think he did enough to challenge Selby-Rickit and Evans for a place in the 23 going forward.

how'd regan get on?

I learnt his dad is called Daithi and won 3 all Ireland medals for Offaly (fair play to the NZ comms). Other than a push and shove with Joe moody he didn’t really stand out in a well beaten pack. Didn’t disgrace himself though.

lots of questions for clarke dermody after that game.

destroyed in the scrum, our maul was toothless and messy and lineout defence was non existant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Only saw the first half before sleep took me again. And on mute. The handbags at the start - there were 3/4 open palm slaps to the head and no further sanction. What was the ref's take on it?

Taylor's try was lovely, though the full back didn't look like he really wanted to make a tackle. Thought there was some rustiness with knock-ons, but both teams looking to play. Classic NZ approach of going for tries rather than take pen kicks at goal opportunities too :D

How did the new laws about kicking to regain possession at lineout work out? Edit: Thanks, sydthebeat - got my Super Rugbys mixed up :)

🤪

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/m_brosnan/status/1365193792769331202

Handbags from Moody on Regan for those who missed it.

Edit: Regan participated in a haka too! Will have to give it a rewatch as I only caught the 2nd half.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Only saw the first half before sleep took me again. And on mute. The handbags at the start - there were 3/4 open palm slaps to the head and no further sanction. What was the ref's take on it?

Taylor's try was lovely, though the full back didn't look like he really wanted to make a tackle. Thought there was some rustiness with knock-ons, but both teams looking to play. Classic NZ approach of going for tries rather than take pen kicks at goal opportunities too :D How did the new laws about kicking to regain possession at lineout work out?

thats only in aussie rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

https://twitter.com/m_brosnan/status/1365193792769331202

Handbags from Moody on Regan for those who missed it.

Edit: Regan participated in a haka too! Will have to give it a rewatch as I only caught the 2nd half.

That's shameful from the officiating team. They shouldn't be within an arse's roar of another game after letting Moody away with that.

That's shameful from the officiating team. They shouldn't be within an arse's roar of another game after letting Moody away with that.

It was nothing. As the coms said, handbags. If Regan had let go, Moody would have stopped slapping and pushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

If he can do a haka he can take a slap. I am sure he has had worse out on a Friday night in Offaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bizarre, that wasn't even a yellow? Ask me arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Is that lad from Drogheda playing for any of the Oz sides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another great game so far this morning. The Rugby Pass subscription paying its way. So frustrating to see all the Sky branding all over the place and not a hint of rugby on Sky Sports.

It’s Sky NZ, they have absolutely no connection with Sky (Comcast), the name is coincidental.

And be careful what you wish for! They are out of rugby now, but could be back in quickly if a report in the Times this week is to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It’s Sky NZ, they have absolutely no connection with Sky (Comcast), the name is coincidental.

And be careful what you wish for! They are out of rugby now, but could be back in quickly if a report in the Times this week is to be believed.

I just want a proper rugby channel. It's shambolic that it's spread across BT, Premier, Eir, TG4, S4C, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Virgin, Sky, Amazon and now RugbyPass. I'll very happily pay for a rugby channel, it's just the other stuff I don't need.

Back to today, that conversion kick looked over, commentators said one of the officials said it hit the post but I didn't see that live or in any replays.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    I just want a proper rugby channel. It's shambolic that it's spread across BT, Premier, Eir, TG4, S4C, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Virgin, Sky, Amazon and now RugbyPass. I'll very happily pay for a rugby channel, it's just the other stuff I don't need.

Back to today, that conversion kick looked over, commentators said one of the officials said it hit the post but I didn't see that live or in any replays.

Hit the post were the posts extended upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpyBnnH1No

Blues vs Hurricanes highlights

Brumbies won 61 - 10 v the tahs.

Two weeks in a row they have shipped record losses against their opponents

Rob penny must be under fierce pressure of the sack now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Caranica wrote: »

I would say at this stage our only hope is the EU. It will take someone like them to bring in laws regarding digital rights management before it is all sorted out. And the reality is rugby is small fry. More likely they would open an investigation if soccer was seen as price gouging. But outside of the UK and Ireland I am not sure if the other EU countries get screwed over on soccer coverage. Anyway a solution won't be coming anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpyBnnH1No

Blues vs Hurricanes highlights

Because they didn't include the full build-up in the highlights:
    https://twitter.com/brettruganalyst/status/1365607354197237761

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Is that lad from Drogheda playing for any of the Oz sides?

Michael McDonald, in the western force squad this year, was with the waratahs last season.

Bizarre, that wasn't even a yellow? Ask me arse.

FYI the ref said it should have been yellow:

https://youtu.be/6Yemh2EaaG0?t=978

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Michael McDonald, in the western force squad this year, was with the waratahs last season.

Glad he left the Force, at lest there's, no more running down the wrong road ...

Glad he left the Force, at lest there's, no more running down the wrong road ...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Regan starting again for the Highlanders, and Fakatava/Ioane as the starting 9/10 combo.

Advertisement