Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Any updates on TV rights for both the Oz and NZ super season?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,058 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

basill wrote: »
    Any updates on TV rights for both the Oz and NZ super season?

nope

not looking good for the SR AU

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

sydthebeat wrote: »
    nope

not looking good for the SR AU

I think the aussies got a deal domestically with Stan Sport. No international deal yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

On eve of Super Rugby AU and looks like we on these islands will have only Youtube highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

On eve of Super Rugby AU and looks like we on these islands will have only Youtube highlights.

Shame. There may be VPN workarounds though I'm not sure if that's allowed to discuss.

Jack Regan starts in another pre-season game for the Highlanders on Friday and I noticed the forecast is 28C at kickoff. He will need his sunblock!

• Advertisement

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/331232/sanzaar-say-no-super-rugby-competition-will-be-broadcast-in-the-uk/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

In a statement released to The Rugby Paper, tournament organisers have ruled out the chances of a TV channel or streaming service showcasing Super Rugby AU, set to kick off this weekend, and Super Rugby Aotearoa, to kick off one week later.

The chances of Super Rugby AU being televised in the UK had appeared to be a longshot once Fox Rugby lost its rights to the competition to newly-launched service Stan Sport.

SANZAAR’s previous UK television partner, Sky Sports, operated a shared service with their counterparts at Fox but no such agreement has been reached with Stan.

Feck.

Vipbox cast to the TV then for me.
    Maybe vpn

Try tahs within two mins

Try tahs within two mins

What are you watching on?

What are you watching on?

Supersport rugby through a stream on my phone

Reds hit back with a cracker

• Advertisement

Reds putting up a point a minute

24 - 7 after 25 mins.

Blindside plays and offloads coming up trumps

No box kicking, no aimless kicks hoping for an opposition mistake, half backs firing ball from the breakdowns, all the players running straight hard lines and pace pace pace. And it's a point a minute at the moment. Can someone please drop a note to these Ozzie's that they have it all wrong:)

No box kicking, no aimless kicks hoping for an opposition mistake, half backs firing ball from the breakdowns, all the players running straight hard lines and pace pace pace. And it's a point a minute at the moment. Can someone please drop a note to these Ozzie's that they have it all wrong:)

The offloads are the big thing for me, players not afraid of throwing them regardless of the number on their back, and every offload invariably leads to a line break. Players expect the line break, so support is thick.... Which makes it look as though defenses are weak when in fact its the attack that's strong

Red card tahs.

Why do players think the can still lift players into the air and twist them??
    Mindlessly stupid.

Interestingly though...

Only a 20 minute man down period

Is Whetton wearing his Highlanders mouthgard?

hahashake wrote: »
    Is Whetton wearing his Highlanders mouthgard?

think so, also wearing alex ainley underpants :D

Can see both arguments for the red card rule. Red card in the first half is pretty hard for any team to come back from and when it's accidental then it's a shame for the game. That looked worse than just careless however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

50/22 law variation seems nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Looked like on that last clip when they were walking back after the last try that they're using those high definition 8K cameras they use for the NFL. Looks cool

I think the red cards are getting a bit to devisive although I can see the counter arguments that the players should know better. A balance needs to be found between punishing an entire team for a single players moment of stupidity. Perhaps 20mins for a red card and then a player can be replaced. Of course they will still be sanctioned off field and have to deal with previous offences so could face lengthy bans etc.

• Advertisement

I think the red cards are getting a bit to devisive although I can see the counter arguments that the players should know better. A balance needs to be found between punishing an entire team for a single players moment of stupidity. Perhaps 20mins for a red card and then a player can be replaced. Of course they will still be sanctioned off field and have to deal with previous offences so could face lengthy bans etc.

??

thats exactly what happened

50/22 law variation seems nice.

love to see that come in across the board

interesting to see how Rob K gets on in this game.

theyre giving him the player cam, for the whole game according to the coms in the last game

Was that a real hammering for the Tahs? Sounds like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

love to see that come in across the board

Would be interesting to see if it leads to teams keeping fewer players in the defensive line for backfield cover.

kearneys been very solid so far

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Butson

Disappointing that no broadcaster here will be picking up Super Rugby, but I think the viewership has been pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Apologies if this rule change has been mentioned before but just tuned in to watch RKs first game with the force to hear the commentators say that it is now a hard 5 sec rule when box kicking. Would love to see a bit of that here in the NH...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/331232/sanzaar-say-no-super-rugby-competition-will-be-broadcast-in-the-uk/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

In a statement released to The Rugby Paper, tournament organisers have ruled out the chances of a TV channel or streaming service showcasing Super Rugby AU, set to kick off this weekend, and Super Rugby Aotearoa, to kick off one week later.

The chances of Super Rugby AU being televised in the UK had appeared to be a longshot once Fox Rugby lost its rights to the competition to newly-launched service Stan Sport.

SANZAAR’s previous UK television partner, Sky Sports, operated a shared service with their counterparts at Fox but no such agreement has been reached with Stan.

Feck.

Vipbox cast to the TV then for me.
    Maybe vpn

Thats very disappointing. I loved recording the Friday morning matches and then watching them after work (along with a Pro 14 match or 2). Get up on Saturday at any time and have couple of Saturday games recorded to watch over brakfast and while pottering about the house.

• Advertisement

kearneys been very solid so far

Factor 50 on for training. Golf, fishing and surfing on your time off. What's a lockdown? Not difficult to tell who is having the last laugh. Good on him.

Advertisement