Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Vizzy wrote: »
    A free coffee in the Obama Plaza ?
    The one in County Offaly ?

Xenophile, I understood that you were a Tipperary businessman but you seem to want to send your custom to Offaly.:confused::confused:

Correction I am a Tipperary businessman

We all live in a Global Village and may I take this opportunity to thank all our Offaly customers who have supported us down through the years!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

Vizzy wrote:
    A free coffee in the Obama Plaza ? The one in County Offaly ?

Actually Obama Plaza is in the Premier County. It was Tipperary County Council that granted planning permission for the development!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

PatM65 wrote: »
    Actually Obama Plaza is in the Premier County. It was Tipperary County Council that granted planning permission for the development!

They need to change the address on their Website so !!

As for global village, Xenophile,if you were any good you would offer coffee in the Tpoaz at Cashel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Xenophile wrote: »
    The Electorate Commission was formed many years ago and is an Independent Body. I have never heard of it being referred to as anything other than Independent by any Government, Minister or TD.

I just wonder how many of the electorate who intend to burn their ballot papers made submissions to it, as the Commission invite all the electorate to make submissions to it, before every constituency review.
    Submissions were made but were ignored. Fact is we are not BIFFIO's, have no interest in Co Offaly and they have no interest in us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Submissions were made but were ignored. Fact is we are not BIFFIO's, have no interest in Co Offaly and they have no interest in us.

Xenophile would not agree I think .LOL:D

• Advertisement

The latest according to word on the street in North Tipperary,

Lowry to head the poll.
    Kelly to come in second.

Fact.
    Kelly has been appointed Director of Elections for the Labour Party. Brave from Kelly to accept this position as the Labour Party is facing meltdown.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Lowry to head the poll.
    Kelly to come in second.

Fact.
    Kelly has been appointed Director of Elections for the Labour Party. Brave from Kelly to accept this position as the Labour Party is facing meltdown.

Kelly was the new golden boy when he was first made a minister and a lot of hopes were pinned on him to solve Irish Water. But there is a definite sense that the media are turning on him as Irish Water continues to stagger from crisis to crisis and he is increasingly looking out of his depth. I think he'll be in the dog fight for the last seat but he definitely won't be anywhere near second in the poll. Kelly's position could come down to who between Hayes or Coonan takes the Fine Gael seat. If it's Hayes then Coonan's second preferences will get a Northern Candidate (right now 50/50 between Kelly & Cahill from FF) over the line when he is eliminated. If Coonan holds his seat then Hayes' second preferences will go to southern candidates and Kelly will definitely lose.

If Hayes or Coonan are eliminated, strong possibility if Kelly is still there that he will get transfers based on coalition vote.

Personally I would like to see a few new surprise candidates from all parties enter the field, new competent people are badly needed.

After thought, just watch Kelly pull off a few strokes for Tipperary between now and the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Lowry to head the poll.
    Kelly to come in second.

Fact.
    This word on the street based on any real polls or is it just based on your undoubted impartial admiration for the Brave Alan? biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

think there is zero% chance of alan kellly coming 2nd.
    Everything I have heard is that he is a gob****.
    The one thing is that he has managed to unite most against him.
    IF and it is a very big IF he get a seat it will be seat 4/5 probably without reaching the quota

• Advertisement

Got a lovely pamphlet in the letterbox yesterday from Cllr Jackie Cahill, telling me how awful the Government is and how he'll fix things once he gets elected to Dail Eireann. He didn't say where the money was to come from.
    On Irish Water his solution is to "Shut it down and start with a fresh approach to water supply, management and conservation"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

jackie cahill's leaflet came, I won't vote for ff but there may be 500 quid to win from emailing him which is worth a shot.

his leaflet was standard ff making the right noises, expecting us to ignore their track record

A flier came through my letter box last week published my Seamus Healy T.D. promoting a bus trip to Dublin for tomorrows water charges protest. The cost of a seat on the Bus is €5.

I would like to know what the take up for this is and how many people are making this trip organised by Deputy Healy.

How many coaches are travelling?

Tipperary Minor Footballers are playing in the All Ireland Semi Final in Croke Park on Sunday but I regret that many people are dissapointed as the game is a sell out and there are no tickets available.

Tipperary Minor Footballers are playing in the All Ireland Semi Final in Croke Park on Sunday but I regret that many people are dissapointed as the game is a sell out and there are no tickets available.

Get onto the Right to water Campaign. They launched their "everything for everyone" election campaign during the week so I'm sure they would be happy to add a promise of an All Ireland Final seat for every person who wants one. They'll just find the extra couple of hundred thousand seats by seizing the corporate boxes and opening them up to the general public.

A flier came through my letter box last week published my Seamus Healy T.D. promoting a bus trip to Dublin for tomorrows water charges protest. The cost of a seat on the Bus is €5.

I would like to know what the take up for this is and how many people are making this trip organised by Deputy Healy.

How many coaches are travelling?

They were asking people to pay up front for the seats, as so many had booked for earlier protests and hadn't turned up. I hope it's a peaceful protest in the true meaning on "peaceful".

As someone who has registered and payed their water charges under protest to one of the biggest bloated most corrupt quangos in the history of this state invented by Phil Hogan and friends, I hope that it is good protest without political policing interference from this government and that FF blows it out of the water in the next coalition.

tipptom wrote: »
    As someone who has registered and payed their water charges under protest to one of the biggest bloated most corrupt quangos in the history of this state invented by Phil Hogan and friends, I hope that it is good protest without political policing interference from this government and that FF blows it out of the water in the next coalition.

This is from a pamphlet from Jackie Cahill FF Councillor so one would assume that it's the FF policy. "Shut it down and start with a fresh approach to water supply, management and conservation"

This is from a pamphlet from Jackie Cahill FF Councillor so one would assume that it's the FF policy. "Shut it down and start with a fresh approach to water supply, management and conservation"
    I think that it seems this is the FF stance also according to leading figures in FF and will be a game changer if FG need their support in the next Dail.

Could be a neat way for FG to get out of it and save still save face on it but one way or the other is going to cost the state a shed full of money that could have been saved if someone more competent rolled it out and the timing was right.

What went on with it on appointments alone was a national disgrace that would have made ff blush and this from a party who said they would stop cronyism and kill quangos.

I think it will cost FG at least ten seats in the next GE.

Hard to gauge how much it will affect Alan Kelly as he inherited a disgraceful situation by someone who just walked away to a reward of a top job in Europe.

Yes I've heard spokespeople for FF on the radio saying more or less the same thing. Cahill is publically unhappy with HQ adding Smith Jr to the ticket but he does seem to be sticking closely to the party line on policy etc.

Hard to gauge how much it will affect Alan Kelly as he inherited a disgraceful situation by someone who just walked away to a reward of a top job in Europe.

I see Kelly has just opened a new office in Tipperary town. Right beside the welfare office where people who are likely to be the most resentful about things like the water tax is likely to be highest. I give it a week before his huge smiling poster is vandalized....

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    Get onto the Right to water Campaign. They launched their "everything for everyone" election campaign during the week so I'm sure they would be happy to add a promise of an All Ireland Final seat for every person who wants one. They'll just find the extra couple of hundred thousand seats by seizing the corporate boxes and opening them up to the general public.

Corporations pay their taxes and as we have seen at last bankers go to jail for fraud. Many Corporations operating in Clonmel giving good employment for example Bulmers/Magners, Medite, Abbot, Boston Scientific, Merck Sharpe and Dohme etc Do you want to hunt these companies out of the country?

Corporations pay their taxes and as we have seen at last bankers go to jail for fraud. Many Corporations operating in Clonmel giving good employment for example Bulmers/Magners, Medite, Abbot, Boston Scientific, Merck Sharpe and Dohme etc Do you want to hunt these companies out of the country?
    Ha Ha,your funny!

Ha Ha,your funny!

Would like you to show me where the joke is?

touts wrote: »
    I see Kelly has just opened a new office in Tipperary town. Right beside the welfare office where people who are likely to be the most resentful about things like the water tax is likely to be highest. I give it a week before his huge smiling poster is vandalized....

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/another_threat_on_environment_ministers_office

Didn't take a week for trouble to find him!

Would like you to show me where the joke is?
    You haven't heard of our special arrangement's for them in this country because our 12.5 is not low enough for them after what the IDA has thrown to them but we could be in for a big rebate which might pay for some more fronline staff for hospitals in this country.

No wonder other EU country's are digusted by this gombeenism.

You haven't heard of our special arrangement's for them in this country

None of the major political parties have a problem with this, consider how much tax they are generating directly and indirectly through VATand PAYE etc.

Coming up to the next General Election you will not hear Gerry Adams complain, with E Bay and Paypal located in his constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Coming up to the next General Election you will not hear Gerry Adams complain, with E Bay and Paypal located in his constituency.

Have they moved to Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

It's far too simplistic to blame Alan Kelly over the irish water fiasco.
    I've no strong opinion on him either way but he inherited it when hogan left office. It is government policy. They ain't backing down nor can they between this and the election. Either he resigns or he stays on message.

It beggars belief how anyone paying the higher tax rate would be marching around wasting their time over this issue. If the state doesn't get the money this way they'll have to get it another way-income tax. The coalition is wedded to the principle of 'reducing taxation on work'. I'd rather pay €160 for the house than another 4% jump in the higher tax rate. The more consumption taxes the better. I've no issue paying for my water...just don't see why I've to pay for other lads who don't pay income tax. I agree with people protesting over the bloated, jobs for the boys, high pay, bonus culture etc.. Of Irish water. However most of the protesters simply don't wanna pay anything for water irrespective of the structure of the thing.

It's bizarre how this issue caught hold. Those of us who own our own homes had to pay property tax..which imho is a disgrace. If costs a lot more than 160 a year too. Now the cohort who never had to pay anything before have to make a small contribution and there's blue murder....

digzy wrote: »
    Have they moved to Louth?

Yes their European Headquarters are based in Dundalk.

• Advertisement

None of the major political parties have a problem with this, consider how much tax they are generating directly and indirectly through VATand PAYE etc.

I have no problem with them when they pay the little bit of tax that they are supposed to pay in return for the generous incentives that is given out by all the state bodies to lure them to this country

The likes of the IDA or other bodies will not release any imformation on this and the revenue has only been found out on one of the secret deals that was done,it would be interesting to see the figure on the whole of what is laid out for them.

As far as I am concerned this government have done sweet FA for small and starter business in this country and existing small businesses that could have been prevented from going to the wall which are after all the businesses' that create the largest share of employment in this country.

I don't think I would vote for Renua but I think they have a better handle on this with their ideas if they got in to government but I don't think they will get no more than 3 seats.

Advertisement