Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Could anyone tell me what type of hose connections these are? My father is looking for a longer hose for his pressure washer (wilks USA is the brand I think) and I'm not 100% what kind he needs.

Cheers lads

po8tc8UTj

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Duff wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me what type of hose connections these are? My father is looking for a longer hose for his pressure washer (wilks USA is the brand I think) and I'm not 100% what kind he needs.

Cheers lads

po8tc8UTj

Is being them to either of the following ;

1. Reflect Autocare in Dublin 11
    2. JJ Gillan & Co Ltd. On Old Airport Road.

I’ve used both of these to get 30m hoses and connections back to my power washer/hose reel and then added quick connections for all accessories like Lance, snow foam etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I need to replace some rubber o rings on my nilfisk power washer. Does anyone know if the required sizes are metric or imperial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Lads I'm going to bite the bullet and get a paint correction done on the car. Not keen on going down the ceramic road so wonder what other options do I have for something long lasting. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Lads I'm going to bite the bullet and get a paint correction done on the car. Not keen on going down the ceramic road so wonder what other options do I have for something long lasting. Thanks

You have several option.
    Cheapest being possibly Soft99 Fusso. > A great all rounder.

Personally I would look at Sonax PNS ( Lasts approx 6 months )

Then use a light mist of Sonax BSD as a drying aid to keep it super glossy, I find this combo is very good at repelling dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd go down the route of Sonax liked above,Gtechniq C2v3 or maybe Carpro Lite

I have Gyeon can coat on my car and I just top it up with wet coat every few months

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Can I ask why you're not keen on a ceramic coating?

Ceramic is the best option if you're going to go to the expense of a paint correction, specifically Gtechniq Crystal Serum. You won't get any other option that will prevent swirls etc. as well as this does.

Of course you can go the route you're suggesting with something like Gtechniq C2V3, CarPro Reload, Gtechniq EasyCoat, CarPro HydrO2 etc. but these will do little by way of preventing swirls.

To my mind it's akin to going to the expense of building a lovely garage and leaving the floor bare concrete meaning it will be very dusty as opposed to getting it sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Can I ask why you're not keen on a ceramic coating?

Ceramic is the best option if you're going to go to the expense of a paint correction, specifically Gtechniq Crystal Serum. You won't get any other option that will prevent swirls etc. as well as this does.

Of course you can go the route you're suggesting with something like Gtechniq C2V3, CarPro Reload, Gtechniq EasyCoat, CarPro HydrO2 etc. but these will do little by way of preventing swirls.

To my mind it's akin to going to the expense of building a lovely garage and leaving the floor bare concrete meaning it will be very dusty as opposed to getting it sealed.

Mainly cost tbh. Its a 13 year old car at the end of the day tbh. The other reason is that ive heard is that if I was ever in a tip that it would be difficult to respray the damage cos of the ceramic coating. Or am I misled ?

If I did go with a ceramic coating though would touchless washing become easier or more achievable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mainly cost tbh. Its a 13 year old car at the end of the day tbh. The other reason is that ive heard is that if I was ever in a tip that it would be difficult to respray the damage cos of the ceramic coating. Or am I misled ?

If I did go with a ceramic coating though would touchless washing become easier or more achievable ?

It can be stripped if needed but why let that stop you if you are doing the detail anyway.

Be a bit mad re spraying, just stay out of crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Not really, no matter what coating you have you always require contact to do a proper wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I ceramic coated the last car I had, definitely made cleaning it alot easier. Might have been down to the regular washing and top up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've got a glue stain on my dashboard - how do i get it off?

thanks,

Don't use tar and glue remover because this has the potential to melt the dash material. Instead try Sticky Stuff Remover or HG Sticker Remover. Be careful with it and have a wet cloth to hand to immediately remove the residue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

HG really are an excellent brand, for all sorts of stain removing (car & household)

fryup wrote: »
    HG really are an excellent brand, for all sorts of stain removing

True.

I had glue residue on the dash of my previous car from a phone mount. The HG stuff removed it easily and left the dash in perfect condition so I can attest to its safety but still, have a wet cloth to hand and wipe it down a few times afterwards including with some APC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know what the vinny byrne touch up markers actually are?

Are they the same as any other pen/market and not remotely a pen or a market, and just a vial with a nail polish brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone used Koch Chemie products before? The missus' car needs a good paint correction as it's covered in light swirls and marring. My go to has usually been Scholl S20 for one step correction, but I've been reading good things about Koch Chemie's one cut & finish used in combination with their one step pads..

Anyone used Koch Chemie products before? The missus' car needs a good paint correction as it's covered in light swirls and marring. My go to has usually been Scholl S20 for one step correction, but I've been reading good things about Koch Chemie's one cut & finish used in combination with their one step pads..

Check this out
    Get's great reviews, Marc Leddy swears by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

546024.png

anyone know if scuffs like this can be polished out of bmw glossy mirror trim?

damaged in the last day or so not done by me :(

Hearing them being mentioned a lot lately.
    Never used them though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Honest ta f*k, car prepped for waxing, have looked everywhere and can't find my Collinite 845, AMZ don't ship are reasonable cost which would be my first port of call.
    Anywhere here that sells/will ship......

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Honest ta f*k, car prepped for waxing, have looked everywhere and can't find my Collinite 845, AMZ don't ship are reasonable cost which would be my first port of call.

Here

I haven’t used Collinite in years. I had it in my silver E90 a few years back. It was so glossy that car looked white from a distance!

I have Petes53 and Chemical Guys Black Light there that I hardly use if it’s any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gumbo wrote: »
    I haven’t used Collinite in years. I had it in my silver E90 a few years back. It was so glossy that car looked white from a distance!

I have Petes53 and Chemical Guys Black Light there that I hardly use if it’s any use to you?

Last time I used it, I was asked numerous times was I selling the vRS....

Last time I used it, I was asked numerous times was I selling the vRS....

It’s a lovely product alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

vectra wrote: »
    Gumbo wrote: »

Thanks guys, young one got back from her walk and after me searching for hours I offered her an early easter egg if she could find it.
    5 minutes later she found it, just under half a bottle after 5 years use

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

A few schools of thought on this, but best leave it for a couple of months to fully cure before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

What's the best way to go about maintaining ceramic coatings? Just had Gtechniq CSL and Exo applied but ceramics are completely new to me.

markc1184 wrote: »
    What's the best way to go about maintaining ceramic coatings? Just had Gtechniq CSL and Exo applied but ceramics are completely new to me.

Normal washing is fine (first wash should be no sooner than 1 week after application). Don't use clay of any description on it, instead use Gtechniq W6.

Don't use shampoos that nave waxes in them. Gtechniq GWash or CarPro Reset are ideal. I'm a huge Gtechniq fan but I prefer Reset to GWash.

You can top it off with C2V3 after a while too.

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »

Agree with what MM has posted above.
    It’s costed now so you should have no need for claying, fallout etc

I’d stick with Gtechniq if it was me.

I’d have the following in my bucket :
    • W4 through my Snow Foam Lance.
    • GWash as the shampoo.
    • QD as a drying aid used at every wash.
    • G6 for the Glass.
    • C2V3 to apply maybe once a month to boost the base layer.
    • Exo can also be applied every 3 months.

Sounds a lot but if that’s all you have that’s all you’d need in my opinion.

The lads may offer a differing opinion though.

Advertisement