Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

doc22 wrote: »
    Did they give am oom

Yup they did, delighted to say the least. But long way to go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ForEsme

Yup. Monday week.

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Presuming then those who have received the email for Monday week are higher up the OOM, as the initial email stated that candidates will be called to interview in the OOM from the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Presuming then those who have received the email for Monday week are higher up the OOM, as the initial email stated that candidates will be called to interview in the OOM from the tests.

Not necessarily as they call people in batches/groups. If, for example, they call a batch of 50 over 5 or 6 days they would usual randomised the numbers so #1 could be first, last to interview or anywhere in between.

Not necessarily as they call people in batches/groups. If, for example, they call a batch of 50 over 5 or 6 days they would usual randomised the numbers so #1 could be first, last to interview or anywhere in between.

Okay thanks for clarifying. May be they wait until the application form is received before confirming the interview details and OOM. Still dealing with the stress of putting that together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

Okay thanks for clarifying. May be they wait until the application form is received before confirming the interview details and OOM. Still dealing with the stress of putting that together :D

I feel your pain! I've been staring at the application form the past few days trying to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I had thought we wouldn't get our interview date until the application was submitted, still trying to work my way through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

I have just submitted my application form. I don't think it's good enough but it's gone. I might get my date,for interview next week

Yup. Monday week.

Did you have to wait long for the email after you submitted the application form?

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    I had thought we wouldn't get our interview date until the application was submitted, still trying to work my way through it?

Makes sense, no point in arranging an interview for someone who misses the deadline tomorrow and therefore not accepted.

• Advertisement

LM4C wrote: »
    I have just submitted my application form. I don't think it's good enough but it's gone. I might get my date,for interview next week

Interviews start Monday 2nd.

I feel the same, don't think it's great but hopefully I can make up for it in the interview. Did you get any confirmation email when you submitted it?

Got the email now about the interview but haven't submitted the form as of yet, so it's not a necessity for the interview email confirmation.

According to the interview email, you retain your panel placing after the supervised test if you pass your interview. In other words if you pass you remain at the number you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

According to the interview email, you retain your panel placing after the supervised test if you pass your interview. In other words if you pass you remain at the number you were.

Unless people above you fail, then you move up one spot.

Unless people above you fail, then you move up one spot

Yeah exactly. That’s my reading of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Anyone below No. 24 will move up one at least as I have had to bow out of competition , got position on an other panel ��

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Yer_Wan_1202

Congratulations AngelaG! And thank you - I'm now #60 haha! :D

Does anyone know how many people they'll take on? Like does being placed 60th mean I'm very unlikely to get a job? Sorry - first time applicant here!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭doc22

AngelaG wrote: »
    Anyone below No. 24 will move up one at least as I have had to bow out of competition , got position on an other panel ��

Was it Donegal EO by any chance? I know the results went out yesterday so wondering have they started offering positions?

I feel the same, don't think it's great but hopefully I can make up for it in the interview. Did you get any confirmation email when you submitted it?

Got email this afternoon my interview on Friday 6th December and im 76th not holding my breath

• Advertisement

Got email this afternoon my interview on Friday 6th December and im 76th not holding my breath

I haven't gotten an email from them yet, might give them a call tomorrow and see.

Best of luck with the interview!

You never know, a certain percentage will drop out and a certain percentage will fail the interview. After that then your selected area might have a high percentage of the places available and it might be a less competitive area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Boebo

Does anybody know up to what OOM has been called for interview?

Boebo wrote: »
    Does anybody know up to what OOM has been called for interview?

I would estimate up to about 100. They are interviewing over 7 days, with the 70 range on the 5th/6th, so if they are doing about 15 interviews a day would be about 100.

A couple of others posted above that they were placed 125 I think but not called, so somewhere between 76 and 125 anyway.

Is anyone else still waiting on an email with their OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Yes, form sent yesterday morning and still no word

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Boebo

I would estimate up to about 100. They are interviewing over 7 days, with the 70 range on the 5th/6th, so if they are doing about 15 interviews a day would be about 100.

A couple of others posted above that they were placed 125 I think but not called, so somewhere between 76 and 125 anyway.

Thank you I wasn't sure. I am OOM 128 and have not been called so id say you are right. Thanks again.

Just got my email regarding interview.

I just got an email have the interview on the Monday. OOM of 100 so not great chance of getting a place.

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea will the interview be solely based on the application form or will they be asking questions regarding Revenue/Auditing?

Advertisement