Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Clondalkin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

anewme wrote: »
    New Chipper opening on 9th lough road near the polish food shop. Giulios, it's getting fitted out at the moment.

Opened yesterday.

Chipper plus pizzas and pastas. Pizzas smelled delicious and fish n chips was really good.

Friendly chatty welcome.

Will go back again, no problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Anyway, back on topic. I've tried the new Poppadom's a few times and enjoyed it. Pity they don't do a few meal deals but i suppose that could be brought in later. Anyone else tried them?

Still weary of supporting this, because of the judgement.

Some things way more important than a decent take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

anewme wrote: »
    Opened yesterday.

Chipper plus pizzas and pastas. Pizzas smelled delicious and fish n chips was really good.

Friendly chatty welcome.

Will go back again, no problem!!

Wow, another option for burgers, chips and pizza! Great :pac:

I see that Bun Bros. is open now. Anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I see that Bun Bros. is open now. Anyone tried it?

Ordered from there for the first (and last!) time this eve. Just awful! Wont be willing to try again

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    Ordered from there for the first (and last!) time this eve. Just awful! Wont be willing to try again

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid so.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

What was wrong with it?

R

RunDMC wrote: »
    What was wrong with it?

R

I ordered plain burger requested no sauce - came covered in burger sauce also was pink in the middle so not fully cooked. We also ordered bacon and cheese fries (no mention of any sort of sauce on this on the menu and also in the pic on the menu there doesn't show any sauce to be on it, where as with all the other loaded fries you can clearly see sauce on it but it came covered in garlic sauce) and finally we ordered another of their burgers and asked to substitute the beef for chicken which was apparently fine but when we got the burger it was beef

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I ordered plain burger requested no sauce - came covered in burger sauce also was pink in the middle so not fully cooked. We also ordered bacon and cheese fries (no mention of any sort of sauce on this on the menu and also in the pic on the menu there doesn't show any sauce to be on it, where as with all the other loaded fries you can clearly see sauce on it but it came covered in garlic sauce) and finally we ordered another of their burgers and asked to substitute the beef for chicken which was apparently fine but when we got the burger it was beef

What did it taste like though?

Looks like East Village got those windows in that completely open. Great idea for the pandemic, especially for their location. Will be nice when this shít is all over on a hot day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

They also opened up in the round tower centre over the weekend for takeaway only too

They do good social media, food on instagram looks really nice. Really hope the round tower works well. It's one of the best settings outdoors to eat in Dublin on a nice day

Yeah fantastic spot on a nice day, probably a crazy time for any business to open but hope they get through the other side and have a good bash at it when all this covid shyte is done. It was a gift being able to get a nice loaf of sourdough and cakes ect through the last lockdown so hoping they do the same again

East Village always has good food pics on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/eastvillagecoffee/

Also, the round tower candles are cool!

https://www.instagram.com/eastvillageroundtower/

Cienciano wrote: »
    East Village always has good food pics on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/eastvillagecoffee/

Also, the round tower candles are cool!

https://www.instagram.com/eastvillageroundtower/

Yea the candles are fab, dont think i would light it though if i got one, prob just keep as a souvenir. The look too nice to nice to light!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mao has reopened for takeaway/delivery. Didn't think it would, as it was shut for so long.

Life ain't always empty.

I didn't even know it existed but there's also a pizza mor in the courtyard where Claires used to be beside the poppadom, no idea what its like though, had a look at the menu and see they do anything from kebabs to spice bags but never have much love for places that do similar.

Yeah generally the places that try to do every type of food under the sun don't do any of them really well

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It just screams HUGE FREEZER!!

Don't rate that Mao place at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Prices are crazy in my opinion!

OK you (and I) have lots of other options but the wife is gluten free and there are not a lot of other options around. Anyway it's better that it's open than not, even if you never use it

Life ain't always empty.

Has anyone been brave enough to try star pizza on the mainstreet? With the crowds outside it at night its like Mr Lams used to be at half 3 in the morning on a Saturday, drinks flying n all!

If you have a sweet tooth it looks like the bakery that was within the roma and has a spot next door to it will be open too soon

I wouldn't be mad on it either, but wife likes it. But anything other than chipper/pizza/kebab/bog standard chinese is good.

Another place, Mario and Luigi's beside Donatellas in dutch village. Ice cream place. Has anyone tried it?

Cienciano wrote: »
    I wouldn't be mad on it either, but wife likes it. But anything other than chipper/pizza/kebab/bog standard chinese is good.

Another place, Mario and Luigi's beside Donatellas in dutch village. Ice cream place. Has anyone tried it?

Yea tried the ice cream place few months ago. was nice and standard price for those type of ice cream places

Has anyone tried the Belgian waffles from the van in the village yet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Has anyone tried the Belgian waffles from the van in the village yet?

Yeah, they're grand. Honestly not much can go wrong with waffles

Apart from catching Covid in the queue

Life ain't always empty.

Does Joel's do any take out or anything?

• Advertisement

No its closed at the minute, but the redcow has one of them popup wow burger and elephant and castles aswell as carvery ect

Advertisement