Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Why would they have to clean the apartment?? Do you think a frenzied knife attack or some other messy type of murder is the only possible thing that could happen?

It’s certainly possible that they doped her earlier, she fell and hit her head and died. Call an ambulance and you’ve a dead sedated child. The body could have been hidden before they even went to the restaurant.

No one has ever been asked to rack their brain to see if they had noticed anyone BEFORE 10pm. They managed that timeline precisely.

Right, it's been suggested by many that the kids were sedated. The McCanns would have to get rid of the sedatives for a start. If Madeleine hit her head, they may have had to clean up blood.

Now, let's say she was sedated, fell and hit her head sometime around 7 (We know Gerry was playing tennis with independent witnesses until this time). This gives the McCanns, who would likely be in a state of panic, grief and great stress, just under an hour and a half to deal with their child dying, get over that inconvenience pretty quickly, worry about their own skins, concoct a fake kidnap plot, dispose of their daughter, get ready for dinner and appear at the Tapas bar for 8.25.

We know they were at the Tapas bar then, because independent witnesses place them there.

Somehow, they manage to act like a normal, jovial couple throughout the dinner (the death of their child hasn't dampened their appetite), they make the first of the checks (another independent witness, Jez Wilkins, talked to Gerry by the apartment at around 9pm, states Gerry chatted away as normal) and allowed one of their other friends to check their apartment after that check. Let's say 9.30. They know Madeleine is dead at this stage, so must have been surprised when their friend comes back with no news. Disheartened, they continue their meal as usual, until Kate pretends to check again at 10, when she raises the false alarm and watch as staff, tourists, locals and police search the surrounding area, not worrying they'll find Madeleine, as they've already hidden her somewhere inpenetrable nearby. It must have been nearby, as they had such a short amount of time and no car.

Now, my question is, where did they hide their dead daughter between 7 and 8.25? Why weren't they spotted? How could they act completely normally after committing this heinous crime? How did they know where to dump her body in an unfamiliar country without anyone seeing them or finding the body after the act? How did the death of their daughter and the exertion of disposing of her body not affect them during dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Phoebas wrote: »
    Of course you don't believe an abduction theory - you're far too invested in conspiracy theories.

Thank you, Please reference my conspiracy theories.

Not that I care too much.

Like many others I enjoy discussing things without getting personal about it. But so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phoebas wrote:
    I know we don't have the full facts, but that doesn't mean that we should completely adandon common sense.

The only fact that exists is Madeline disappeared on the 3rd of May everything else is speculation.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Who would they be?

They certainly didn't dupe the Portuguese police who did a fine job despite the attack from the British media and are convinced the McCann's were involved.

Are you serious??

The lead investigator (before he was fired) gave the Portuguese press false leaks, which was against the law in the first place, Never set up road blocks after the event, never followed up on leads and the fired investigator (formerly convicted of perjury) wrote a book declaring the McCanns put their dead daughter in a freezer somewhere for three weeks!

Also, you'll find it was the McCanns who requested Scotland Yard reopen the investigation. Why do that if you've already escaped justice for the crime in hand? Bit silly, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Something Else
    Right, it's been suggested by many that the kids were sedated. The McCanns would have to get rid of the sedatives for a start. If Madeleine hit her head, they may have had to clean up blood.

Now, let's say she was sedated, fell and hit her head sometime around 7 (We know Gerry was playing tennis with independent witnesses until this time). This gives the McCanns, who would likely be in a state of panic, grief and great stress, just under an hour and a half to deal with their child dying, get over that inconvenience pretty quickly, worry about their own skins, concoct a fake kidnap plot, dispose of their daughter, get ready for dinner and appear at the Tapas bar for 8.25.

We know they were at the Tapas bar then, because independent witnesses place them there.

Somehow, they manage to act like a normal, jovial couple throughout the dinner (the death of their child hasn't dampened their appetite), they make the first of the checks (another independent witness, Jez Wilkins, talked to Gerry by the apartment at around 9pm, states Gerry chatted away as normal) and allowed one of their other friends to check their apartment after that check. Let's say 9.30. They know Madeleine is dead at this stage, so must have been surprised when their friend comes back with no news. Disheartened, they continue their meal as usual, until Kate pretends to check again at 10, when she raises the false alarm and watch as staff, tourists, locals and police search the surrounding area, not worrying they'll find Madeleine, as they've already hidden her somewhere inpenetrable nearby. It must have been nearby, as they had such a short amount of time and no car.

Now, my question is, where did they hide their dead daughter between 7 and 8.25? Why weren't they spotted? How could they act completely normally after committing this heinous crime? How did they know where to dump her body in an unfamiliar country without anyone seeing them or finding the body after the act? How did the death of their daughter and the exertion of disposing of her body not affect them during dinner?

Sedatives could have been flushed. I’ve never been to PdL but I’m sure they could have found somewhere in an hour. Plenty of scrubland directly across from the apartment. I’ve attached a pic.

Was there ever a campaign asking people had they seen anyone/anything suspicious from 7-8:30pm?? The McCanns have, from Day 1, pushed the line that Madeleine was taken just before 10pm.

• Advertisement

Are you serious??

Also, you'll find it was the McCanns who requested Scotland Yard reopen the investigation. Why do that if you've already escaped justice for the crime in hand? Bit silly, no?

Now in fairness, if you were abroad and something happened, what are the chances of the Gardai investigating the issue in that country?

From what I recall Leicester Police and UK Forensics were involved from the get go. Scotland Yard came in much later.

That is when my antenna went up.

Something Else
    Are you serious??

The lead investigator (before he was fired) gave the Portuguese press false leaks, which was against the law in the first place, Never set up road blocks after the event, never followed up on leads and the fired investigator (formerly convicted of perjury) wrote a book declaring the McCanns put their dead daughter in a freezer somewhere for three weeks!

The Scotland Yard investigation that is explicitly only investigating abduction by a third party?? Yes, it’s shocking that they’d be behind that.

Sedatives could have been flushed. I’ve never been to PdL but I’m sure they could have found somewhere in an hour. Plenty of scrubland directly across from the apartment. I’ve attached a pic.

Was there ever a campaign asking people had they seen anyone/anything suspicious from 7-8:30pm?? The McCanns have, from Day 1, pushed the line that Madeleine was taken just before 10pm.

There was kind of a massive campaign yes! Rewards for information, posters, press conferences etc.

That scrubland was thoroughly searched all night. How far do you think they could have gotten from the Ocean Club carrying a dead child without being spotted during the given timeline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Something Else
    There was kind of a massive campaign yes! Rewards for information, posters, press conferences etc.

That scrubland was thoroughly searched all night. How far do you think they could have gotten from the Ocean Club carrying a dead child without being spotted during the given timeline?

Wasn't he spotted by a whiteness who then 'forgot' what he saw?

Now in fairness, if you were abroad and something happened, what are the chances of the Gardai investigating the issue in that country?

From what I recall Leicester Police and UK Forensics were involved from the get go. Scotland Yard came in much later.

That is when my antenna went up.

Understandably, the McCanns didn't trust the Portuguese police, what with them suspecting they done it and all and ceased looking at any other possibilities.

After the PJ leaked false DNA information to the press, would you have trusted them? Especially when they had made you yourself keep schtum about the case because of their laws.

I understand fully why the McCanns went with their own national Police force after that, yes.

• Advertisement

No.

Understandably, the McCanns didn't trust the Portuguese police, what with them suspecting they done it and all and ceased looking at any other possibilities.

After the PJ leaked false DNA information to the press, would you have trusted them? Especially when they had made you yourself keep schtum about the case because of their laws.

I understand fully why the McCanns went with their own national Police force after that, yes.

My point was, is every EU citizen allowed to engage their own Police Service if they are in trouble abroad?

I don't think so. So that is why I think the fact that they could engage UK police forces is unusual.

Something Else
    No.

I thought someone matching Gerry's description was spotted carrying a sleeping girl near where she went missing around the time of Maddie's disappearence? He reported it and then changed his mind sometime later?

Can you correct me where I'm wrong instead of a simple "no"?

I havnt watched the documentary yet.I'm only going from memory.

My point was, is every EU citizen allowed to engage their own Police Service if they are in trouble abroad?

I don't think so. So that is why I think the fact that they could engage UK police forces is unusual.

I don't know about Ireland, but certainly the French police, for example, can investigate crimes against French citizens committed outside France. I know this because of the Sophie Toscan Du Plantier murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I thought someone matching Gerry's description was spotted carrying a sleeping girl near where she went missing around the time of Maddie's disappearence? He reported it and then changed his mind sometime later?

A child matching Madeline's description was sighted being carried.

It turned out to be a father carrying his child home from the local night crèche.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I don't know about Ireland, but certainly the French police, for example, can investigate crimes against French citizens committed outside France. I know this because of the Sophie Toscan Du Plantier murder.
    It's also very common for European police forces to use UK forensics labs.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Martin Smith sighting, which took place at 10pm, the very same time Kate McCann raised the alarm at the Ocean Club. Gerry was quite clearly at the Ocean Club at that time (independent witnesses!)

He couldn't have been carrying anyone at 10 pm, 400 yards away. He simply couldn't be in two places at once!

Something Else
    Phoebas wrote: »
    A child matching Madeline's description was sighted being carried.

It turned out to be a father carrying his child home from the local night crèche.

That was Jane Tanners sighting. A guy from Drogheda was certain that he saw Gerry walking past with Madeline, then suddenly got amnesia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'm assuming you're referring to the Martin Smith sighting, which took place at 10pm, the very same time Kate McCann raised the alarm at the Ocean Club. Gerry was quite clearly at the Ocean Club at that time (independent witnesses!)

He couldn't have been carrying anyone at 10 pm, 400 yards away. He simply couldn't be in two places at once!

Martin Smith did claim that it was McCann he seen carrying the child.. he thought it was him when he seen them arrive back in England.. I wonder if the DNA evidence had ended up being positive where things might be now

A guy from Drogheda was certain that he saw Gerry walking past with Madeline, then suddenly got amnesia.

Or later realised it couldn't have been Gerry perhaps?

Maybe felt a wee bit foolish saying he was 60-80% certain when it actually turned out that Gerry was at the Ocean Club at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 maryjane1970

Is it not possible the Gnr planted evidence for the dogs,as to get the case closed....
    They would prepare to blame an English couple,rather than a child obducter liviving amoung them.

Something Else

I didnt say it was Gerry did I? I said someone reported that they saw someone matching Gerry's description carrying a sleeping girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Only on EP2 here.

But the GNR. Really mad a right mess of this.

Things might have been different if they showed up right away and sealed the scene off along with starting the searching right away.

Don't think we will ever know to be honest.

Maybe felt a wee bit foolish saying he was 60-80% certain when it actually turned out that Gerry was at the Ocean Club at the time.
    He was still 60 to 80 per cent as of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My money would be on the orphanage lads being the abductors.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Something Else
    Is it not possible the Gnr planted evidence for the dogs,as to get the case closed....
    They would prepare to blame an English couple,rather than a child obducter liviving amoung them.

Who's wearing the tinfoil hats again?

I didnt say it was Gerry did I? I said someone reported that they saw someone matching Gerry's description carrying a sleeping girl.

Oh, sorry, who was the 'he' you were referring to?

TallGlass wrote:
    Things might have been different if they showed up right away and sealed the scene off along with starting the searching right away.

The Police weren't called till 10.14, Kate claims she noticed Madeline missing at 10.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

TallGlass wrote: »
    Only on EP2 here.

But the GNR. Really mad a right mess of this.

Don't think we will ever know to be honest.
    The gnr seem to be like community police not very highly skilled..

• Advertisement

Something Else
    Oh, sorry, who was the 'he' you were referring to?

Yes, the he I refer to is Gerry.

A whiteness said he spotted Gerry with the child and reported it

Am I wrong in saying that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement