Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

BArra wrote:
    then they don't know what they are missing

It's an inferior car bottom line.

But nobody wants one of those.
    It's an inferior car bottom line.

The Ibiza is priced very competitively to be fair. I don't see the need for comments like "nobody wants one..." which as well as being rather rude is totally incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Hf3 you are one arrogant man. I had a mk7 st for 2.5 years, great little car but that's it, it got too little for me. Handled like a go cart and was great fun to drive. After going back to a VW I've noticed a few things, build quality, refinement etc.
    No doubt the fiesta will be a great drivers car, but living with one every day will be pain in the b0ll0cks, especially in Ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

hooch-85 wrote:
    Hf3 you are one arrogant man. I had a mk7 st for 2.5 years, great little car but that's it, it got too little for me. Handled like a go cart and was great fun to drive. After going back to a VW I've noticed a few things, build quality, refinement etc. No doubt the fiesta will be a great drivers car, but living with one every day will be pain in the b0ll0cks, especially in Ireland

I had 2 of them. They were brilliant cars. I might get another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the spec difference between the Fiesta and the Polo considering the ST is much cheaper? If the Polo was manual it'd probably be closer to €30k but still a fair difference.

Also is the Ibiza Cupra available in Ireland? Didn't see it at all last year whereas the Leon Cupra was available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's the spec difference between the Fiesta and the Polo considering the ST is much cheaper? If the Polo was manual it'd probably be closer to €30k but still a fair difference.

Also is the Ibiza Cupra available in Ireland? Didn't see it at all last year whereas the Leon Cupra was available.

The ST gets a mechanical LSD from Quaife whereas the Polo doesn't have a mechanical diff, it has a kind of pseudo-LSD but it isn't as good. Aside from that, I think the gearbox is the only big difference. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

DaveyDave wrote: »
    There is no Ibiza Cupra at the moment.

fletch wrote:
    There is no Ibiza Cupra at the moment.

But it has auto lights and wipers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

But it has auto lights and wipers!

Happy new year to you, and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

lol new year same old HF. A no frills 191 diesel focus on the way no doubt.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote:
    lol new year same old HF. A no frills 191 diesel focus on the way no doubt.

I'll be sure to let you know my next move 😂

Anyone see that the Fiesta ST is Top Gear's hot hatch of the year and (probably more impressive) car of the year? Not bad for a little 3-cylinder.

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Anyone see that the Fiesta ST is Top Gear's hot hatch of the year and (probably more impressive) car of the year? Not bad for a little 3-cylinder.

Impressive alright, the MK7 won their overall car of the year in 2014 i think, that was even more impressive!

No new Fiesta ST is available anywhere apparently. May have to order one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

Boland's Wexford are advertising the 5 door as being available now. I've had no luck finding the right Mk7 ST, so one of these is getting more and more tempting.. Especially since I saw one in frozen white in cork a few weeks ago. Any chance of ford offering similar discounts again any time soon? :D

Chris Harris loved it on Top Gear the other night, they look like a hoot to drive and he said the ride isn't as harsh as before. My wife used to call my mk7 the sports bra car, as she needed to wear one when going for a drive in it:D

I'd like to try one but if I was going to go back to Ford it would probably be the new Focus ST which looks like a serious machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

What was the story with the big discounts Ford offered a while back?
    Will we ever see that again?

The new 3 cylinder ST sounds like great fun, an ST3 with the LSD would be a nice machine....and they are one of the few 3 door cars left available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Neilw wrote: »
    What was the story with the big discounts Ford offered a while back?
    Will we ever see that again?

The new 3 cylinder ST sounds like great fun, an ST3 with the LSD would be a nice machine....and they are one of the few 3 door cars left available.

I'd say they'll have to offer them again, as they've already managed to lop a chunk of residuals off their current fleet out in the wild. It will probably be a case of waiting and being patient until it happens though.

One thing I'll probably never do from here on in, is buy a Ford unless it's on offer, as i nearly got burned badly the last time and would have bought one about two months before they knocked 8k off them! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

CR 7 wrote: »
    I've had no luck finding the right Mk7 ST, so one of these is getting more and more tempting.
    What specs/criteria are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

dar83 wrote: »
    I'd say they'll have to offer them again, as they've already managed to lop a chunk of residuals off their current fleet out in the wild. It will probably be a case of waiting and being patient until it happens though.

One thing I'll probably never do from here on in, is buy a Ford unless it's on offer, as i nearly got burned badly the last time and would have bought one about two months before they knocked 8k off them! :eek:

How much did they knock off the last time?

• Advertisement

Neilw wrote: »
    How much did they knock off the last time?

I got 5k off the Fiesta in Jan 16. There was 8k off the Focus in the same promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

CR 7 wrote: »
    Boland's Wexford are advertising the 5 door as being available now. I've had no luck finding the right Mk7 ST, so one of these is getting more and more tempting.. Especially since I saw one in frozen white in cork a few weeks ago. Any chance of ford offering similar discounts again any time soon? :D

Any link to the 5 door? Haven't seen it mentioned as available anywhere.

Edit: I see it on the done deal ad for the 3dr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone know what rate of finance ford offer? Can’t seem to find it on the ford website just to call the dealer.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Anyone know what rate of finance ford offer? Can’t seem to find it on the ford website just to call the dealer.

https://cavanaghs.com/pcp-calculator/

It seems to be 4.9% going by this.

Drive a new ST yesterday. It's really good and improved all round from the previous model.

Tempted........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Drive a new ST yesterday. It's really good and improved all round from the previous model.

Tempted........

Where Henry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Tempted........

What's the ride like in the ST? Due to living up a very narrow lane, thinking of changing to a smaller car next year but would like something with a bit of go as well. Currently thinking about the ST or maybe the Swift Sport as I'm within walking distance of a Suzuki dealer.

PCeeeee wrote:
    Where Henry?

Privately owned.

opus wrote:
    What's the ride like in the ST? Due to living up a very narrow lane, thinking of changing to a smaller car next year but would like something with a bit of go as well. Currently thinking about the ST or maybe the Swift Sport as I'm within walking distance of a Suzuki dealer.

It's a bit more compliant than the previous model, but it's a hot hatch so it's still firm.

If your road is very badly surfaced and potholed it might not be for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Does any dealer have the new one?

Advertisement